Indiana University - Northwest Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.35 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.38 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.38 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies70 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities61 Graduates
Radiologic Technician53 Graduates
Health Services Administration36 Graduates
Medical Records Technician31 Graduates
Dental Hygiene29 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.26 responses
Colleges like Indiana University - Northwest
- BPurdue University Northwest - Hammond Campus
- 4 Year
- Hammond, IN
- 981 reviews
- B-Purdue University Northwest - Westville Campus
- 4 Year
- Westville, IN
- 391 reviews
- B-Indiana University - East
- 4 Year
- Richmond, IN
- 284 reviews
- NGIvy Tech Community College - Northwest
- 2 Year
- Gary, IN
- 556 reviews
Indiana University - Northwest Reviews
Indiana University Northwest is a campus where students can feel they are at home where as on other campuses, students may often feel a bit lost or alone. Although it is a commuter college, there are many ways to get involved in the school such as sports, clubs, and work! Indiana University Northwest is committed to its students and faculty. Students have many opportunities to work with professors and coordinators on large projects that teaches students how to think critically. No professor, coordinator, or advisor will turn a student away if he or she needs help with anything. Everyone there wants the students to succeed and give them a sense of confidence when they leave IUN.
I never knew how the world really worked until I experienced the many classes of my major (general studies) and my minor (business administration). Now I feel informed and confident about my place in the world. The professors were professional and humane. The staff was helpful and the students were engaging and friendly. Even though I struggled through Algebra, I loved all of my classes. In spite of my initial concerns over location the Gary Indiana area is safe and its inhabitants are friendly and well mannered and welcoming. Even though there is no night life, Chicago, a large metropolitan area is under forty miles away.
My overall experience at Indiana University Northwest has been great so far. I have been attending school here for three years now and I haven't had any problems. I thought at first it would suck because I stayed home and didn't go away to school, but honestly I regret nothing. I have met some amazing people and awesome professors. Everyone on campus is there to help one another and its a great environment. There are many different clubs to join, classes to take, and people to talk to!