Indian River State College Reviews

1,084 reviews
This is a great school and it’s awesome for people who would like to transfer. The professors are great and some of them are also high school teachers and they understand how it is to be a student. All their campus are just the perfect size and it never gets to crowded or packed and the classes are just the perfect size too.
Indian River State College (IRSC) is a fantastic college. If you like to have small classes, study tutors for free on every campus, and flexible choice of times for class placement then you are in the right place. I work and attend college for the past year and a half. I started off taking my classes online (yes they even have online class) and worked my way into the classroom under personal reasons. This year is my 2nd year and is enjoying it greatly. I do not attend the main campus but the smaller branches that are closer to home in Stuart and Port St. Lucie Florida. Both campuses have fantastic staff, library, Academic Support Centers(ASC) with tutors of every subject free and open to assist, lunch/cafe areas, etc.
I love attending IRSC because they have some of the best professors, has a very welcoming feeling, and it is in a great town with many campuses.
Start Your Review of Indian River State College
Overall, Indian River State College is a very good place to start off an education. However, this is not a place that I would want to go to finish my degree. I plan on finishing my education at a 4-year university, but this school is a great place to get a head start on my education without breaking the bank.
Its a well organized campus, staff is very helpful. Some professors are rather blunt but just want to see you succeed.
Main campus is very nice. Lots of green-space and benches. Only change would be heavy accents of many science professors that are extremely difficult to understand.
I'm a freshman there and this is my third semester, overall its a pretty upstanding school. It has many resources that helps students achieve excellence, the teacher are available and willing to work and help you with grades and assignments, and diverse in every way.
I've had a very pleasant experience being a student at IRSC. I've gotten great professors and met a lot of great people. They have a lot of resources for their students that have come in handy for me. I like the fact that they have so many events and fun stuff on campus for students too.
I just started college at Indian River State, it's a very small, local college. I have had good teachers that actually try to make students succeed and make class interesting, yet others that do not. Overall it has been a good experience.
At Indian River State College you are given help along your education. They make it easy to ask for, and receive help.
The stench of the campus always smelling like rotten bananas when walking around, they could hire some people to enliven the place. It's starting to get better, when I was there they did not enforce the parking decal. I enjoyed the teachers,their enthusiasm made the class more enjoyable. I think this is not really the teachers fault but the students were not expressive and would rather go into their own circles so... it was better than my high school at least
The staff are great and every one there are friendly and helpful the dorms are set up great each section has. A kitchen and 2 bathrooms and 4 bedroom .there always something going on I love it
I like this school a lot. When I first moved to the location It was mid January but the advisors worked with me to get me started so I would not miss a whole semester. They were great with communicating with me. When I switched my major they advised me of exactly what I needed to be able to get in my program of choice. They really showed me that they care.
Inexpensive tuition, great campus, and awesome professors. My only complaint is that you can never get anywhere with student aid. Whenever you talk to any of the administrations, they either don't care or just never get back to you. Pretty sad considering a lot of students depend on student aid.
It is small, so it is easier to locate everything. The teachers and resources are helpful. The only thing I change is their counseling. They do not do a proper job with alerting me how many credits I need to graduate.
I am about to start my first year at IRSC. I have explored the campus through orientation and I must say the campus seems quite nice. It is small, yet spacious.
I love IRSC! I started going here in 2014 on dual enrollment for high school. I recently graduated in 2017 with an Associates in Theatre. I really wish IRSC had a Bachelors Theatre Program because I would continue my eduction even further there.
Start Your Review of Indian River State College
A good school that is slowly but surely improving. I went here as a dual-enrolled student and it was definitely a experience that helped me when for college life once i transferred.
Great that it is a local college that is connected to the community, but it is not spectacular by any stretch of the imagination.
Great Teachers. Wonderful community. Really good swim team.
I believe if you apply yourself at IRSC, you will find success at your fingertips. The resources provided are exactly what the college student needs. Go Pioneers.