Indian River State College Reviews

1,064 reviews
I loved my experience at Indian River State College. My favorite part would be the tremendous support I received from the Student Support Services program. All the advisers there truly helped me with tutoring and even college counseling. Thanks to them I made the decision to transfer to the University of Central Florida, where I graduated in 2014 with my Bachelor's in Hospitality Management. I intend to return for a Bachelor's in Accounting at Indian River State College this Summer 2017. I would recommend this college to everyone looking for a college who cares about how well you do and what you to succeed.
I am currently enrolled in the Landscape and Horticulture Technology program and it is truly great the professors for this specific program have a great way of explaining the material and they want to see their students succeed. This was my first year attending Indian River State College and so far there isn't anything I would change.
Indian River State College is where I started my educational journey! The teachers were phenomenal and I received a top notch education. You would think Physics would be unbearable. I received an A in this class BECAUSE of my professor! They are dedicated and passionate about our education and I would recommend anyone considering this school before transferring, you found the one!!
Review Indian River State College
I attended classes at the St. Lucie West Campus. Teachers and faculty members were great. Advisers were very helpful and prompt at replying to you. Overall a great experience with this college.
IRSC is a great school. The administrators are here to help the students with any question. They are easy to contact and they will respond to your calls or email within 24 hours. The professors know what they are teaching and give you a real life experience.
I began attending IRSC when I was a junior in high school. I'm now a senior and almost done with my AA. I have yet to have a bad experience at IRSC. My one complaint is the location of the Pruit campus is right next to a stadium and the traffic is always awful. I wish there was a location in traditions.
Being a student her at IRSC is very rewarding. The professors want their students to succeed, you will have to put the effort in. Want free tutoring? We have an academic support center in the library for students who are struggling in the areas of math, science and writing.
Everything about This school is amazing. I want to become an instructor for this school one day. I'm in the Hvac program and I love it. The program is amazing and I'm learning so much. Indian river is a great college. I plan on staying with irsc to further my education. Tools in the tool box.
Indian River State College has been a very positive experience for me. All of my professors have been very good, especially those in the Human Services department. They take a real interest in their students. one of the greatest benefits is the school's small class sizes. I have enjoyed all of my classes and learned a lot. IRSC offers a ton of online classes, which help in making education easily accessible to all. the only thing I would improve upon on at IRSC is the student life. Ther are not many events held for the students and when they are up on the population does not know about them.
This college has a lot of support from the administration, caring teachers, diverse programs, and a good rate for being hired after graduation. We also have appenticeships and the option of dual enrollment while in high school. It is a very affordable college and one that is loved by its students.
Great college with an decent variety of technical trade programs available to students. Also has a large amount of student organizations.
Small quiet college. Mainly attended by local residents and not many from any distances. Good for a community college.
I was a Dual enrolled student. Classes were average to slightly hard when considering toughness. IRSC really prepared me for university.
Overall I like the college here it is very affordable and the only thing I wish would be more classes tailored to veterinary medicine since it has a pre-professional track. Very involved and fun student activities.
I loved Indian River State College. I pursued my Associates degree there and achieved it! Everyone was so helpful in wanting me to finish my education.
One thing I like about Indian River State College is whenever I needed help there was someone there to assist me no matter what the situation was
IRSC is the best state college in the country, especially when it comes to technology. Since it is just a state college, employers would rather see UF, MIT, Stanford, or other universities, since the academics might be better. The tuition is cheap, so you'll get good bang for your buck. Every college has both good and bad professors, but the professors at IRSC seem to be very good in general. Be sure to use RateMyProfessor when picking classes. Most classes are at the main campus, but there are also many classes at the 4 branch campuses. IRSC's main mission is Student Success, and there are many resources available. Despite the main campus being in Ft. Pierce, crime on campus is very low.
Review Indian River State College
Sad, sad school not at all about education. Absolutely 100% about state funded money ONLY. Hell....... I had teachers that never even showed up to class, that's right teachers that forgot they had a class, students had to go find the teacher and remind them they had a class. Students are held to what this school calls a academic standard. However, teachers aren't held to anything, I often wondered what were the requirements for working here 'breathing?' You get what you pay for! Save yourself much heartache, drama and grief by finding another school!!
Indian River State College campuses are locally convenient. What I like about this particular school is that it's so diverse and down to earth. The professors are excellent and wants to see the students succeed. To add to that IRSC made it to Top Ten on the Aspen Award, to me that speaks volume.
I went to this college for dual enrollment. The school is on its way up as one of the most affordable colleges that still offers decent education. Both I and many of my friends have taken classes here and they were all awesome, besides the occasional bad professor. If you are going into nursing, GO HERE. IRSC has one of the best nursing programs in the nation, and its affordable.