Imperial Valley College Reviews

What I like the most about this college is it's easy to get around ams find classes. Ther isn't really a social scene but it has a lot of resources such as free tutoring for any subject which allows you to stay focused on your overall academic performance
Imperial valley college is a decent and affordable place to study if you are unable to go to a 4 year university. Some of the professors there have taught me valuable lessons that have helped me grow as a student and a person. One of the best things at IVC is that class sizes are small and that enhances the connection between student and professor making it a great learning environment. Some of the changes that I would love to see in this college would be a campus renovation because it feels like it’s a very old place except for the new building which makes us look like a progressive campus.
The college is a nice and challenging place to take courses geared towards transfer for me. While staying there leaves room to be desired, the college is generally a friendly place to traverse and partake in self expression.
Start Your Review of Imperial Valley College
I have met incredible people including most teachers at Imperial Valley College and learned a lot. I have met my best friends in this college, and i can say they are genuine, loving and caring people. I would want change is the student campus life. There should be better student lounge because we live in the desert with 100 plus degree Fahrenheit weather. Maybe even give the teachers lounge to students and make a new one for the teachers that itself would make everyone way happier. Also have more associate degree options.
It’s been a great college it offers different types of courses the teachers have been great and the hours for classes are very flexible especially for people like me that work and go to school.
I enjoy the campus a lot It is easy to find classes and very clean and pretty.I would like to see just a few more benches in shaded areas due to the heat it gets to be a 115 at times and waiting in between classes can get hot if we cant seats in the cafeteria. I think it would be pretty awesome if they had misters outside in the eating area to help keep everyone cool. Other than that I really like it
I love this school they are very helpful in many ways the give outreach services for disabled people
I love IVC because I knew it was going to be better and easier than high school, I don't have to sit through pointless speeches from teachers about them being mad at us. It's a school filled with adults and many of them have jobs so they know they don't have time to waste. I appreciate the Mexican majority, coming from Calexico High School I feel right at home with all these people that are also bilingual. I don't enjoy the teachers that don't make you work or learn so you can just get the easy A. And also the teachers that try to make you learn but only put videos and link on Canvas. It's really sad to know people get their Ph.D. to just show me YouTube videos that I can see at home. But I do love it because it gave me a job in Education Talent Search that I really enjoy.
I have met some of the best professors I have had so far. This facility has made me excited for what is to come in the future.
Has been a good experience for me. The administrative staff is very caring, and the instructors are professionals
Love this community college. Close to home with so many options. They are now offering classes to be able to complete your Bachelor's degree without leaving the area, if you are a current resident of Imperial Valley.
Imperial Valley College is a very well structured college that will provide their students a very solid schooling. Whether students are preparing to transfer out to a 4 year university or receive their associates degree, they will be well prepared to take on a challenge. I know that I have been challenged to work hard and I have been rewarded by doing so.
Imperial Valley College was a good starting point to attend a college. Most of the staff and professors were friendly and very helpful when I had questions.
Imperial Valley College has a lot to offer but is often overlooked. It is easy to forget the fact that it is a college and that the courses matter. They can feel rudimentary at times, making it feel more like a high school than a college.
Although the curriculum didn't cater to the English major as much as Nursing or Administration of justice, almost every teacher I had for English were very interested in the subject and really knowledgeable.
Also, there was a fair amount of activities at the college despite the area being small and not as financially well off as some of the other community colleges in California. The Student Government seemed invested in trying to bring something more to the campus.
IVC is helping me better prepare to further my education. However, I would like to see better teachers and more classes available. There are many teachers who get terrible reviews for classes that are required. Many times these classes are only taught by these poor teachers.
My experience here has been great. At first I was disoriented but, by asking I've got to learn and solve my inquiries. Its awesome how can this college help you succeed, and help you transfer for so much greatness. I have taken diverse classes and with many interesting and helpful teachers, and even some that advise you about how to deal with some circumstances and help you growth inside and out too. I will always recommend to apply here and have a great study opportunity. At here you can find programs that will help you financially and in your study difficulties, that is what I like the most. It has a great location for foreigners that are excited to study in here. The library is huge and has diverse types of books and computer labs too. The school is very organized and open to hear students.
Start Your Review of Imperial Valley College
The staff is very helpful and the overall student experience is good. The atmosphere is very peaceful.
My experience at IVC has been very good, students and teachers are very respectful. I would like to see the college expand more in the near future to provide students with more resources and opportunities.
great school with good teachers and staff. very economical and very big campus. if ypu live in the area it is much easier to go to school. great food and it is a safe enviroment for people