Illinois Wesleyan University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.35 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.35 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.35 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.42 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.43 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.21 responses
Illinois Wesleyan University Reviews
I love IWU. The campus is stunning year-round, the food is consistently delicious, and my classes are incredible! My professors are very knowledgeable about the topics they teach, and they try to make class fun. Generally, they make themselves readily available to meet with students for any reason. The Ames Library is a great resource too, and the research librarians are more than happy to help you find anything you need for a class, a paper, or just general reading material. It's also easy to get involved on campus: there are RSOs for just about any interest, so it's easy to find people with common interests.
I really love the campus and the classes. The only drawbacks I have encountered are with course scheduling. Since Illinois Wesleyan is a small private school, sometimes classes are not available both semesters. For the most part, I have loved my experience!
Went for a campus visit. Quite honestly, it was so much better than expected. Gorgeous grounds. Strong academics. Nice people. They’re focused on getting you done in four years. Had a great vibe. Someone said it’s in a bad neighborhood? I didn’t see that at all. From what I’m hearing and reading/ researching, one will get a very solid education here. Love also that there’s great research opps. Couldn’t find anything negative about it. Will definitely be applying.