Illinois State University Reviews

2,632 reviews
The diversity in the school is good and how they try to push it. There aren’t a lot of places on campus to eat. I’m in athletics and they don’t care for the only team that was able to win a championship but almost all other sports were able to get new fields within the last 5 years. Academics aren’t that hard and it’s not ranked highly and won’t get you most jobs based on name recognition.
I completed 4 years here earning my double degree. I enjoyed being here and felt prepared upon graduation!
While choosing a college is overwhelming as a High School Senior, the process became easy and natural for me once I discovered Illinois State University. Every single professor I had the honor of studying under, made the first day much more comfortable for me than expected. Everything from the beauty of the campus to the Greek Life, my expierence at Illinois State has been nothing but intriguing and hopeful.
Start Your Review of Illinois State University
Its a good school and has a good atmosphere. Lots of fun times and good people. Lots of good RSOs to join.
I attended high school in a very small tow. There was no diversity whatsoever & the town itself had very little to offer. I appreciate ISU for it's diversity & student life. They offer clubs for anything imaginable & there is always something to do on campus. The professors have all been very helpful & I also have appreciated the guidance I received from my student counselors. The town itself is always active with great shopping & local restaurants. I have always felt safe on the campus & have witnessed a strong security presence when walking on campus in the evenings. I am beyond thrilled with my decision to attend ISU!
Very nice people around the school. I heard good things about isu and i hope to attend there fall 2019 and to become a Redbirds . Also i heard its a good school for educations best in Illinois so that made me really want to be interested in isu and i can’t wait to get my letter in the mail say i got accepted
I graduated from Illinois State University in 2010 with a Bachelor of Science degree. The cost of living in the Bloomington-Normal area is very reasonable, and the Midwestern people are low-key. Tuition and fees at this state school, especially for in-state students is also very reasonable. Students are generally friendly and very open to volunteer opportunities, social events, and group projects. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and wish I could go back and do it all over again.
My transition from my hometown in Aurora to Illinois State couldn't have gone smoother cause of the student life they have at ISU. Being Hispanic in a majority white school, they had groups such as ALAS where I could be around fellow students of Hispanic decent and still have the home feeling over here at school. The various clubs and teams they have make it easy to make friends and meet new people everyday.
I recently transferred from a community college to Illinois State University. As the transition has been hard, ISU has made it easy for me to become involved and feel right at home.
Very good. Area is great, the place is safe, people are friendly.
THe staff is very professional and helpful
Illinois state is a beautiful campus in the perfect location, there is so much to do on and off campus plus it’s a big school that still feels small and comfortable!! Come check it out!
My experience at Illinois State University has consisted of many good times had, lessons learned, and relationships that will last a life time. Being here at Illinois State as allowed me to become more responsible, very outgoing, and a lot wiser.
One of the main things that drew me to ISU was the campus itself. It is well taken care of, and I feel safe on campus. I am continuing my
Graduate degree at ISU.
The diversity and how caring all of the professors are in my program. They genuinely will do anything and everything to help you succeed.
I like the campus and student commons area. The horticulturalists made the quad where most students walk and spend their time to make it beautiful and inviting. It's clean and easy to navigate. I also really like the surrounding areas with great places to eat and fun things to do. Overall great campus and facility, helpful staff, and generally good professors.
I am a current student here at Illinois State and love attending here each day. I always feel welcome no matter if it is by the staff or other students. The professors work well with each other and provide a good base of knowledge for us students while we are here studying.
Illinois state university is a great school. They offer lots of great programs and the environment is very safe. They really focus on bettering students in their field of study, while also offering great on campus jobs.
Start Your Review of Illinois State University
Fantastic school. There's so many chances to get involved and everyone here cares about you. Food is great, and so many off-campus restaurants. Only bad part is the housing is terrible.
ISU is all around a pretty great school. So far, the professors have been nice and easy to talk to. The dorms are A+ and I feel super comfortable in them. The only negative feelings I have about this school are towards Watterson Dining Commons. I just want some seasoned food!
Really amazing campus, heavy hipster vibe, and a cute town. I really love the organizations I am involved APO is the best thing I have joined. They also have meal plans that Let you get restuarant food.