Illinois State University Reviews

2,615 reviews
Fantastic school. There's so many chances to get involved and everyone here cares about you. Food is great, and so many off-campus restaurants. Only bad part is the housing is terrible.
ISU is all around a pretty great school. So far, the professors have been nice and easy to talk to. The dorms are A+ and I feel super comfortable in them. The only negative feelings I have about this school are towards Watterson Dining Commons. I just want some seasoned food!
Really amazing campus, heavy hipster vibe, and a cute town. I really love the organizations I am involved APO is the best thing I have joined. They also have meal plans that Let you get restuarant food.
Start Your Review of Illinois State University
Illinois State University is a great school. For my first year, I've experienced so many great opportunities and became very active around campus. There is so much to do and so much to learn from the very many programs.
I like ISU because it's a small campus that is easily accessible by foot and/or bike but it still feels like a university with lots of opportunities. I would like to have more on campus events that appeal to the majority of students instead of just a select few.
I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunities that were offered and truly benefited from the academia. I do wish that more awareness and representation of diversity existed, however the university attempted to address the issue.
I'll be going into my 2nd year and the overall campus is great. The town the university is in has everything you need. The teachers I had were great, but it depends on what teachers you have that can change your experience.
I love isu.... I’m goin into my 3rd year and I think the school is absolutely amazing. There’s all types of clubs and groups and people to meet that are just like you and I’m so grateful for my group of friends that I found there
I am about to go into my sophomore year. I really enjoyed my time there so far and am excited for what this university will bring for me in the future. I have not had any problems with classes or anything on campus so far and hoping I will not. I did experience a couple of problems in the dorms, however it wasn’t too bad and was taken care of.
I could not be happier with my decision to attend Illinois State University. So far, my experience has been nothing short of amazing. The school does a great job of assisting transfer students as they make their transition to the school. The professors and academic advisers genuinely care about the success of their students and are always available when students need help. ISU does a great job of engaging with students and hosting various events on campus. There are many student organizations to choose from, so it's easy to find people with shared interests. Additionally, the campus is beautiful and easy to navigate, with the majority of the buildings being located on the quad.
My experience at Illinois State University has been excellent because they have met all of my expectations. I took the time to go over everything they offered and they pleased me. I looked at what majors they offer and what the campus is like. I recommend going for a visit because it is worth it and they go over everything you need to know. This is why Illinois State University is the place for you.
Family friendly campus. Gives students the liberty to find themselves and be part of the community. Illinois State University makes it easy for students to find different ways to be successful and prepared to move on to finding jobs for their chosen career.
This is my second time at ISU. Take time to really think about what major you are going into. Don't be afraid to change it. Great resources available here. Safe community.
A lot of things came to mind when seeing Illinois state university for the first time, as it was something completely foreign to me. However, the college gave me insight into the future and prepared me for the world ahead that i was entering in a few short years. Only thing I would change is the organization of things by seeing how things ran.
I have loved my time here at Illinois State University. I have made many wonderful friends and had many wonderful professors. I am a part of the Gamma PhI Circus which I would suggest to anyone looking for a way to spend their time.
I could not be happier with the university that I chose. I am surrounded by new experiences and new people. There is a diverse community and there is truly something for everyone on campus. Housing and dining are great, the community is outstanding, and the campus itself is perfect.
Illinois State University is a beautiful campus, and they keep classes for certain majors close together on campus, making student life more convenient. The student life itself is amazing; everyone wants to know you specifically and find out what you want to do with your life as well. There are numerous clubs that one can get involved in, from the American Chemical Society to the hammock club that literally hangs out in the quad on sunny days. The teachers are genuinely working towards creating successful students to pioneer the future.
Start Your Review of Illinois State University
I took a campus tour and fell in love. I would like the tour to include a little more information about the town and how to get around, but overall it was great!
Illinois State University is a really great school for business majors. The price really cant be beat either for the average student. The party scene is intense here. If you have great academics, I would chose a more credible school to reflect where you earned your degree.
I love ISU and its student life. Lots of stuff to do outside of studies. Everyone is nice and helpful when you need it. I would strongly recommend this school.