- 4 Year
- CHICAGO, IL
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Illinois Tech is test-optional for the 2022-23 application cycle. Learn more about Illinois Tech by visiting our campus! Learn More
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Valuegrade A
- Diversitygrade A+
- Campusgrade D minus
- Athleticsgrade C
- Party Scenegrade C
- Professorsgrade A
- Locationgrade C+
- Dormsgrade C minus
- Campus Foodgrade C minus
- Student Lifegrade C minus
- Safetygrade C+
What punctuates the Illinois Tech undergraduate experience? Three important things you'll find at Illinois Tech—and no place else:
Chicago's Tech University: We are the only tech-focused university in the Chicago area. From skyscrapers to startups, Illinois Tech has fueled the city's rise as a global metropolis.
Opportunity and Value: Illinois Tech is an engine of opportunity, providing the best return on investment in the state and among the best in the nation.
Active Learning: Our students learn by creating, inventing, and solving—not just in the classroom.
Each year students from throughout the world begin their academic journey at Illinois Tech. Here they find a community of people who share their dedication to excellence and passion for discovery.
Discover a truly distinctive education that will prepare you to create meaningful change. Join us.
Illinois Institute of Technology Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
Most Popular Majors
- Mechanical Engineering91 Graduates
- Computer Science71 Graduates
- Architecture65 Graduates
- Information Technology57 Graduates
- Chemical Engineering42 Graduates
- Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering37 Graduates
- Civil Engineering37 Graduates
- Electrical Engineering37 Graduates
- Computer Hardware Engineering31 Graduates
- Aerospace Engineering26 Graduates
B.S. in Data Science
Illinois Tech’s B.S. in Data Science program converges fundamental knowledge in mathematics, statistics, and computer science with practical skills in programming, data management, and advanced computing. Gain the skills needed to land a job in a data career. Become a data scientist, data analyst, statistician, data engineer, business intelligence developer, or more!
- Mix of Online and on Campus26%
- On Campus69%
- Hard-working but loves to have fun26%
- Hard working, longs for the day he can sleep16%
- Segrageted and closed minded to intergration12%
- Culturally classed5%
- Practical yet enjoyable31%
- Enjoyable and lots to love but expensive26%
- Diverse but very segregated11%
- Perfect place to explore our knowledge11%
- Extremely enjoyable but expensive6%
- Poorly Managed School with Incompetent Professors3%
Illinois Institute of Technology Reviews
The student body's diversity is amazing. I've met people from all over the country and all over the world. I have learned so much about other cultures. I've made incredible friendships with a variety of people. And, I have had the privilege of exploring the great city of Chicago all at the same time. Thank you Illinois Tech!