Idaho State University Reviews

1,219 reviews
I really enjoy ISU simply because the university is small enough that you will be able to know your teachers, but big enough that you won't be able to experience everything it has to offer. The classes that Idaho State offers are amazing and very diverse. This university has really impressed me since I've been here and I haven't been disappointed. While the town of Pocatello isn't the most exciting, this truly is a place for outdoor enthusiasts. Rock climbing, hiking, fishing, and so much more are found just a few miles away from home.
its very nice school, the that everybody is very nice. professors are among always listen to you willing to help whenever you need help.
I have been highly impressed with the professors here at ISU. Every instructor I have taken a course from seems to genuinely care about their students. It has been a great experience.
Start Your Review of Idaho State University
Idaho State University is a good sized school that offers many options! There are tons of activities for students, and is in a great location in town.
Great place to live, affordable and very safe! I am happy to be living in Boise, Idaho. The school has a brand new osteopathic medicine campus nearby which I will be attending. I am excited to start a career in osteopathic medicine and I am glad to be doing so at Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine.
The college is open to all age groups, and have plenty of helping aids for advice. Majority of instructors are knowledgeable with their subject and helpful to students.
Idaho State University has a beautiful campus. If you're like me, you love small secluded spaces for studying, and ISU has plenty of them, inside and outside. The student center, The Rendezvous, has delicious food and tons of natural light.
Idaho state university in Pocatello is so beautiful. Everyone really loves the campus. All the buildings and classes are easily accessible to everyone. The food choices there are great. There are so many little places to hang out and do homework and projects. All of the faculty is amazing and helpful. The housing is pretty good as well.
The school will often charge unexpectedly large fees. For example, to take one class in the summer costs about 4500 dollars due to their "part time student fee." That simply needs to be removed. Overall, the dorms are ok, the food is ok, the professors are great, and the programs are diverse and well taught.
Overall I really enjoy ISU. There are many opportunities for extra-curricular actives. Also all of the professors I have had up until this point have been very knowledgeable and helpful.
I went to the early registration for incoming freshman. It was very well prepared and organized event. They were excited to have us there and made it fun for us to participate in the events of the day. All the staff that was their we so helpful. They had a great variety of booths that explained so many of the activities and opportunities that are available to students . The housing tours were well given and we had the opportunity to tour many of the dorms. They also had this event on three different days so that we could come at a time that was good for us.
Idaho State University offers students plenty of choices of study, I have seen nothing but successful graduates employed in the field of their choice, the tuition has no hidden agenda, and there are constantly opportunities to be familiarized with everything that is going on in the school and on campus!
Idaho State University also has a great reputation nationwide for the quality of education received! I am an individual studying psychology. in the state of Idaho alone, mental illness is the highest in the nation. Idaho State University is highly recommended in this field of study! It is greatly appreciated to have the opportunity to study at a school that is acknowledged for having a reputable course in a career in psychology.
This is a fairly cheap college and you get exactly what you pay for. Pocatello is not a great city to live in. The campus isn't extravagant, Greek life and sororities don't exist. I only had one professor I actually liked. Pretty much the only people who go there are people devoted to a program or who can't afford to leave Idaho.
It’s been a great experience for me at Idaho State University, coming from Nigeria to the University has helped me meet a lot of individuals from all part o the world.
I've been to ISU a few times, and it's a cool place to walk around and check out. I've also heard a lot of good things about there Physical Therapy program
You can easily look at the academic stats of this university, with what programs they excel at, the aptitude and uniqueness of the professors from all around the world, the graduation rate, or what have you; but the number one thing that really stand out for me, as a junior, is the social community that you will gain from attending Idaho State University. no matter what program you are in, you can find reliable and friendly class mates and colleagues, that will help boost you potential. Along with a great social environment, ISU has a great tutoring force for any topic you need help in accelerating.
It has been a terrific experience so far. The teachers are very easy to get along with and are very understanding.
Start Your Review of Idaho State University
Idaho State in Idaho Falls was a good pick for me my freshman year. I wasn't ready to move away yet, and I wanted to save money. The professors have all been incredibly helpful and seem to only want what's best for the student. The campus is small, but provides a small taste into what the future will be like for anyone who may want to venture away like me.
Overall Idaho State University tries to help its students in everything from financial aid to social gatherings. Classes are fairly small and teachers are very helpful and accommodating.
Being a first year student can be and intense one. My experience at ISU has been informative. The Staff and Student Staff were helpful and encouraged me to come to them if I needed help. The classes are all within walking distance with an occasional sprint. I like that you have students from around the globe. I went and toured another University in Moscow, Idaho. Thought I had my heart set on that school until, I had the opportunity to tour ISU. Idaho State university had classes that I had been wanting to take. My minor is in Japanese and I am loving my class. I would recommend that High School Seniors come by and see what Idaho State University has to offer.