Idaho State University Reviews

1,170 reviews
I go to Idaho State University at the Meridian campus. So far all of my professors have been great! They are great instructors and genuinely care about the success of their students. I have learned a lot of things that I know I will be actually using in my career. Great education. Their online class fee is a little ridiculous though.
I enjoyed Idaho State overall. I was an athlete on the women's basketball team and the family community was amazing. No matter where we would go the community supported us. The diversity was very limited though. The majority of the diversity came from the athletics program. I was in the mathematics program but did a majority of my undergrad classes here. The professors were extremely nice and always willing to work with my busy athletic schedule. Overall, Idaho State is a good college but just lacks its own special flare.
Idaho State University has lot to offer to students in looking to earn an education. The campus is set up and taken care of nicely. The professors are some of the best in their field and are very engaging and fair in grading. The student involvement is well organized and there are many things to do for a student life. The housing is a little outdated and slightly overpriced for what you receive but it is convenient.
Review Idaho State University
I love the people in the Political Science department. They really are there to make sure you succeed. Dr. Stoutenborough and Dr. Kirkpatrick find and encourage students in outside activities. Dr. Eckert is an amazing professor who make his classes interesting.

What I do not care for are the things that go on at the administrative level of the University. They let go of all of the adjunct professors and then hired people who, I believe, should not be working as professors.
Great campus, small and quiet. Most of the faculty is willing to help and meet during office hours. Compared to other colleges, most things are not overpriced. Overall had a good experience during the 5 years of my undergrad.
When I visited I was really impressed with the cosmetology program there. I would love to go to school there.
ISU has a lot of fun activities to do on campus. I wish they would invest in better teachers. They don't have a lot of places, they need updated. Their food options are poor. Safety is great, they are always there for you. Parking is the absolutely WORST! Overpriced & no space!
Habe been at Idaho State University for 2 years now and am almost done with my bachelors. Will be applying to graduate school next year. It has been great being able to get classes done fast while sti lesrning all the necessary things.
My experience at Idaho State University is one I won't forget! The teachers are professional but easy to get to know. There are so many different activities on campus that happen almost everyday if not weekly - at the events you get free food and free Idaho State University wear.
Idaho State University is a great school for everyone! The professors are good to work with, the counselors are very helpful in answering questions and guiding you in your field of study. and there is free tutors as well as english, math, etc. labs available to everyone!
I loved ISU. The professors were knowledgeable and really cared about the success of all the students.
It's my first year at ISU and it's been an enjoyable experience so far. I've met a lot of new people and my classes have been good so far. I plan to be a dietician and look forward to getting involved in the classes for my major. I've really enjoyed my ShoShone Language class and learning more about my language and heritage.
I really like how willing and ready staff is at ISU but I did struggle in some of the biology classes.
Idaho State University is a great, affordable school. The school gives lots of scholarships and aid money. The area is quiet, but there’s plenty to do on campus, as well as in town. Those who love the outdoors will love it. There are plenty of places to hike, ski, etc very close to campus.
My experience so far has been great! Super nice people and professors. It is also easy to get a job here on campus and it is an amazing experience.
I have been a student at ISU for about 4 years. It has not been anything but a fun and learning experience. They offer about anything to help you achieve your goals. I am a proud student of Idaho State University.
I liked the many activities they had, but what I would like to see change is I dont feel like the students needs come first.
Review Idaho State University
I like the area and all the people you get to meet. The professors are all amazing people and will help you get the best experience out of college possible
All teachers are very forward. If they care about your grade and how you learn, they make that clear. Same goes for those who don't care, because "your grades don't effect their paycheck." Whether interested in your grades or not, teachers do put maximum effort into their lectures and helping, if you ask for help. They know giving you a good grade won't help you if you don't work for it, but are not against a good grade if you want it and are striving for it. ISU also has amazing tutors who are fluent in many learning styles. Only thing to note, ISU officials, like anyone in life, won't help or see you need help unless you ask. I do not party, school is for learning and nothing else to me, so I am unaware of party scene. Food on campus or across the street from campus is great, and ranges from many well known resturaunts. Pocatello has clubbing and fun stuff to do if students get board or have time around studies. ISU was built with every type of student's interests in mind.
I have been taking online/ off campus classes from ISU for the past three years. I have loved the opportunity I have had to be taking college classes from my High School classroom. ISU has been great about sending down ISU representatives and students to talk about Idaho State University. I have enjoyed my experience with ISU over the past three years, they have helped me get ahead with helping me take college classes early.