Husson University Reviews

Husson University is a small private non profit University situated in Bangor,Maine. The university is a very peaceful one which is very advantageous to learning. Due to it being a small university, it creates a very friendly and active community. The teachers and professors are always ready and willing to help a student. For every sixteen students there is one teacher available. This facilitates communication between teachers and students. Plus, the food is good!
I have had a great experience here so far. The people here are super nice and the professors care about you. The college is located just minutes away from mall and other attractions. There are always a ton of student activities going on. During the weekend the various sport have games that are always fun to go see. I feel very safe here and security is super nice. On top of everything the food is also pretty good. They have a ton of variety and plenty of opportunity to try new things. The goal here is to be given a quality education at a reasonable price.
The professors are friendly and easy to talk to. The course load can be tough, but classes aren't too long so you have plenty of time to get things done.
Review Your College
Husson is a great environment for someone looking for that small, close knit community feel. They have variety of different majors to offer, with the advantage of small class sizes. The housing on campus is very good. At Husson you have the option to live in a single, double, or triple room. There is also the option to choose suite style living, and next year there will be townhouse apartments available on campus. The dining hall offers flexible hours, with a variety of easy, college style foods that many people enjoy.
The campus always has stuff to do for students that commute and live on campus. The professors really care about their students and are very helpful.
I am a college freshman at Husson University. I am a Criminal Justice Major and I love this school. They have a great staff, a fun student life, and great academics. Overall this college is a great one and I personally love it.
The campus is just the right size. The staff are very friendly and willing to help. The class sizes are good also. I would change the curriculum so that all classes are offered online and in class.
I am currently a junior at Husson University in Bangor, Maine. I am enrolled in the five-year Acccounting & MBA program. So far, I have loved my experience at Husson. There are plenty of opportunities for students to apply for internships and full-time jobs. The professors are very nice and they are willing to work with students to help them achieve their goals. A lot of the professors have connections with businesses in the real world, which makes it easier to find jobs. The campus is a safe environment and is located in the beautiful city of Bangor, Maine. I would definitely recommend Husson University to prospective students.
The school is very inviting. The small class sizes allow professors to get to know you on an individual level, which helps the learning process. However, because the school is small and secluded you do feel a sense of disconnect at times.
I currently attend this school. As a veteran, they have been nothing but helpful. The small class sizes are better, giving you more personal interactions with your professors. This makes understanding the material much easier and less stressful.
Being a member of the softball team here at Husson, I would say it's easy to tell sports are a big part of everyone's lives here. The facilities are very well maintained, and respected by both athletes and non-athletes. Our football team has a great new turf complex, where baseball and track also practice. People are welcome to use any facility even if they aren't part of a team, as long as they are respectful to the surroundings. There's always a student section at any game, and people are supporting their fellow classmates.
So far, being at Husson University has been amazing. My school is unique to me in a sense that it feels like home. At first, moving three hours away to school wasn't ideal, but if I had to pick a college all over again it would without a doubt be Husson I chose. Everyone here is very friendly and always willing to help. Class sizes are small, and you're truly more than just a number.
It is very clean, rooms are decent sized. The laundry room is in the basement though, which can be a little weird. And I wish there were private bathrooms or showers.
  • 7 months ago
  • Housing
Greek life is pretty low-key, so not many people know what is offered, what they do or how to get in
The athletic teams, coaches, and facilities are great. The athletes take pride in what they do, and they share that pride with the student body.
This school is very passionate about the topics that are being taught. The class sizes are small, thus making it easier for the professors to know every student and help them with any struggles they might have.
The professors are very approachable and the campus is lively.
Review Your College
The class sizes are great because they are small and offer the feeling of really getting to know your professors. Some professors acknowledge your potential and find ways to expand it.
The alumni network work hard to help students with potential placements in internships. The career center is always available for a number of things including mock interviews as well as resume managing.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
I have never heard of anyone I knew getting assaulted. The worst thing I have heard would be some car break ins.