High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.90 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.101 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.100 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities159 Graduates
Business Administration and Management134 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies100 Graduates
Wildlife and Fisheries Management92 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services73 Graduates
Environmental Sciences71 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 71 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.123 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.155 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.64 responses
Colleges like Humboldt State University
- C+Sonoma State University
- 4 Year
- Rohnert Park, CA
- 1,312 reviews
- B+California State University - Chico
- 4 Year
- Chico, CA
- 2,222 reviews
- B-California State University - Monterey Bay
- 4 Year
- Seaside, CA
- 1,489 reviews
- B-California State University - East Bay
- 4 Year
- Hayward, CA
- 1,669 reviews
Humboldt State University Reviews
From Humboldt State University, it has a great outdoors experience. Our school is known for its high recommendations for any science majors and math majors. I am a Zoology major and my best part of the university is the class where I go out of school with my class to field trip and identify different invertebrate animals near our shores. It was fun and a good leg work out too! Also, the local areas for food is quite amazing. When needing to eat besides campus food, there is a wide variety of different ethnic food here. What I like to see a change in Humboldt is to give a more housing chances for students that are from far away. More housing in the campus for everyone to be. It is tough to find an apartment or house near the school and have the housing costs to be low, for future students coming from different parts of California or an out of state transfer, they should have the opportunity to have a low-cost housing and a secure home to be in.
I love the area in which the college is located in! There is so much nature around us. It is almost a completely new world compared to my previous hometown. The people here are also amazing! A vast majority of the people here are really kind to one another. It is no surprise to me anymore when someone simply walking by smiles and says "Hello!" The educators and staff members are very involved in student's education. They care about them and help them succeed throughout their experience at Humboldt State. This is definitely a one of a kind college that I would recommend to anyone, especially those from Southern California!
Humboldt is an amazing school! You are surrounded by beautiful redwood trees and a beautiful coastline! The professors here from my own experience are very genuine and kind hearted individuals! It's considered a some what small university which benefitted me because with a smaller student population the number of students in a classroom is much smaller. Which benefited me because I was able to make a solid personal connection with most of my professors!