Howard Community College Reviews

If you want to enter the dental hygiene program, know that it is highly competitive. Only one person who lived out-of-county has ever been accepted, and all of the “co-requisites” are actually pre-requisites.
I've had my shared experience at HCC. I've learned a lot and had some really good professors. I wish some of the professor cared more when you fall behind because no one wants to fail. Then again, I had some good times, making friends, eating the good pizza, working on campus and of course learning.
The course load is manageable and fits in any schedule. The facility is great to work with and willing to help. The buildings are newer and will established programs make learning fun.
Start Your Review of Howard Community College
Great school if you want to learn more after high school. Some professor are tougher than others, but that is expected.
I like this school. I met great professors. I still contact with my professors. This school is simple and small. So that students can get earn variety good resources without money.

It has an English Institute program for an international students who do not speak English well. The most I like here is professors and neat location.
Excellent teaching staff, wonderful study labs, intelligent student body, welcoming atmosphere! Parking is easy, and class options are varied.
Howard Community College provides as a great stepping stone to new opportunities and a learning experience for students of all backgrounds and ages.
I have heard a lot of rummer about how bad the school administration was and how the instructors did not respond. I find all to be false. My over all experience with the instructors and the administration staff have been very awesome. I am very happy that I choose Howard Community College as the institution to complete my Culinary Management Degree.
Overall great experience. Most teachers are experienced and really care about what they do. This school does hire temp/part time teachers who are first time teachers to teach very difficult subjects.
I love Howard Community college as a dual enrollment student. All the staff and professors are very friendly and nice. There are many interactive activities on campus along with many places to study.
Very open and relaxed with what happens. Job opportunities here are somewhat rare, but the classes are cheap enough and staff always wants to help.
Howard Community College is a very diverse welcoming college. The professors are extremely understanding and helpful towards the students. It offers a life changing program known as Howard Pride where men are able to gather new experiences to prepare them further in life while also helping them as college students as well. The athletics are great and the players play with heart and great sportsmanship. Howard Community provides a great educational system in preparation for university attendants or for people just looking to receive their associates degree. It's highly recommended.
The facilities and resources here can be very beneficial for those who know how to utilize them. The professors here can be tough, but are also understanding and the majority are able to teach classes well. There are plenty of clubs and activities in partake in on campus and the food isn't too bad either.
Howard Community College is a well rounded school that features small class sizes, a fantastic honors program (James Rouse Scholars), helpful professors, and an state of the art 80m dollar science and technology building (built 2016-17). My experience there has been a fulfilling one, and I plan to achieve my associates of general studies with a science emphasis. Since I also have an interest in art I was able to talk with one of the honors advisors to answer all my questions. Laura McHugh, the director of the James Rouse Scholars Program, has also been an influential part of my freshman year at HCC. She teaches a seminar that prepares us for our career, such as finding mentors at our dream job.
The professors and advisors are amazing. They really make sure that students are ready for transfer. The campus is clean and safe.
Howard community college is a great way to save some money and get your general study classes done before transferring to a 4-year University. However, if you are not on track with some kind of plan, it is easy to fall behind and get stuck there far longer than 2 years.
I am a Muslim woman, which means I have a lot of sociological barriers to face on a daily basis. Howard Community College has been a wonderful ally to people of different faiths, socioeconomic backgrounds, and many others. I have never felt more included and valued. I also appreciate that their academic courses are challenging and interesting. I value classes that push me to be my best, and then better. HCC does exactly that and I've grown as a student since I joined.
Start Your Review of Howard Community College
The staff is extremely helpful and go out of their way to solve your problem. They offer tutoring and extra tutoring for math courses. I have been able to improve my studying skills with the help of their staff.
Howard Community College continuously updates it's facilities, the classrooms are a bit smaller which is nice because faculty engages in a more personable manner.
It is a very diverse campus and most of the professors really care about your success. The guidance office is not as helpful as I would have liked and there was definitely some misinformation given. The appeals process for withdrawing from a class needs to have more than one person making this important decision. It was overall a good first college experience.