Houston Community College Reviews

2,978 reviews
The teachers are very helpful when it comes to answering any doubts any of us students may have over an assignment or the lesson.
My experience at HCC was wonderful .Until i had a flare up from lupus... but i am planning on going back to school i want to complete the occupational therapy and physical therapy courses!!!!!
Houston Community College is an excellent place for all of students need help about finance to go to school. They are offer a lot of scholarships and chances to help student focus on studying instead for drop out of school because finance issues.
Start Your Review of Houston Community College
Houston Community College has a wide spectrum of teachers who I believe are very capable in their subjects. The campus is cozy and the teachers that I have had personally are always a blast to learn from.
HOUSTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE IS ONE OF THE BEST COMMUNITY COLLEGE IN HOUSTON. MOST INTERESTING THING ABOUT THIS COLLEGE IS ,IT HAS CAMPUS ON ALL PARTS OF THE CITY. SO, STUDENTS CAN EASILY APPLY TO ANY CAMPUSES. THE OTHER IMPORTANT THING IS THE PROFESSORS, MAJORITY OF THE PROFESSORS ARE HIGHLY QUALIFIED. THE ONE THING I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE FROM THIS CAMPUS IS LACK OF PARKING LOTS. REST OF THEM ARE GOOD. I GAVE 10 OUT OF 10 FOR THIS COLLEGE AND I WOULD RECOMMEND MY FRIENDS TO BE A PART OF THIS COLLEGE AND EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENT LEVEL OF LEARNING.
I love that the classrooms are small because you can learn better with less people and less noise. The professors are great. They make sure that you understand the lectures and work, and they help you along the way. There are academic advisors and financial aid counselors who can help you with dropping/adding a class and getting you money to pay for college.
I love HCC. It is a great place to get an education, or simply take courses for amazing prices and has always felt like a safe space for me. The resources they have are incredible and the help they provide for students is great.
The staff seems like they hate their jobs because they are not very nice nor helpful. I always have a poor experience with the professors who are not good at explaining things.
The school is beautiful and those classrooms are nice and clean. The are many places to study and the technology is provided anywhere.
The availability of campuses near me gave me a great experience, as it helped reach my classes faster. The fact that I also was given the opportunity to attend, while a high school student, was another perk which I fully appreciate, as I did not have to pay anything as well. Overall the school has given me pre-university experience that will help me in the future, when I go to another college/university.
I like that the classes are small, so it’s very easy to get that extra help if you need it. The campus is kept neat and clean, even the bathrooms. People are friendly, polite, and helpful. Majority of the teachers are willing to help with your propane concerns, that you might have. My least favorite part about HCC, is the online classes. Some of the deadlines are impossible to make, when you can’t find the material or don’t know what you are doing. Plus, the work is 10x harder to get done and turn in, when you have other classes to take. Otherwise, I love attending Houston Community College!
I took a couple of online classes here before transferring to another school. Everyone from the business center to student counselor made me feel at ease throughout the whole process.
With many different campus locations HCC makes it very easy to take classes where it’s convenient for you in the city. The low tuition prices are also a big selling point. The only downfall is after classes start the first day there’s no grace period to enroll still after day one
Houston Community College is a great school to attend to save money, but a lot of the professors are foreign and have very thick accents.
My experience so far at Houston Community college with this being my second semester has been nothing short of amazing. I absolutely love HCC being out of school for almost 10 years I was terrified of going back thinking all the what about all the negative "what if's". Well, I took the first step of just going to Houston Community College and just asked questions being new to Houston not knowing anyone here. As soon as enter the school I felt a sense of Hope. Everyone was very friendly and extremely helpful. I completed my 1st semester and now enrolled for my 2nd semester.
It is good college with many qualified professors and teachers. Reasonable prices for classes and others services.
Affordable and Great Location !!.. Awesome Helpful Teachers !!!..
Variety of Classes to choose from and the people that work at the school are very helpful and quick.
Glad I picked this School.
Plan on Continuing to attain my Associate Degree.
Start Your Review of Houston Community College
I moved from Philadelphia to Houston, and I thought it was impossible for me to make new friends and get comfortable here in Houston. At my very first semester I made about at least 4 new friends and they are my best friends now. People In HCC weather Advisors and students are very friendly and kind, and it was so great making new friends in a very short period of time. Plus HCC have campuses all over Houston from North to South and from West to East.
Houston Community Collge is a good community college to get your education before going to a four-year university. Most professors there are willing to help and continue to get better. Students there are very diverse so you can get to know any type of people which is a good thing.
Over the time I've attend Houston Community College, I've encounter so much knowledge and independency. HCC have been a great way for me as a secondary education that works well with individual flexibility schedule such as mine, being a full time worker and attending class all at once work out perfect for me. For the past year I've gain a lot from HCC by being on the deans list my first year and being nominated in national honors society member, for my outstanding school performance. Overall experience here at HCC speaks for itself one of the best community college to attend.