Houston Baptist University Reviews

I like the students to teacher ratio, which is about 30 students to 1 teacher. I also like the environment and how everyone is so kind.
I personally feel that HBU is the best of the best. I went there with my mother and was greeted instantly by friendly faces. I automatically knew that this college was right for me. When the director came to greet us personally, he offered water or tea which was really nice. Also, the meeting we had with the univesity director was great! This school has everything you could possibly ask for.!
HBU was a great school where I recieved personal attention from professors who took an interest in my goals. While it may not be a typical college, I was not looking for a typical college experience. If you want small classes, attention from staff, and a great education, HBU is the right campus for you.
Start Your Review of Houston Baptist University
I love everything about my university. The professors here are so wonderful. You can tell they care about their students. The education and material learned in HBU's classes are exceptional as well. The only downside to it is the total cost for attendance.
Houston Baptist University is an amazing school, located on a beautiful campus on the west side of Houston. There is so much to do outside of the classroom. It has an excellent student to teacher ratio and has a very secure learning environment.
Houston Baptist University is a welcoming school. All the faculty is very nice, supportive, and helpful. It is evident that the professors love their field of work and they try to help you in anyway they can.
I had a wonderful time at this university. The professors are knowledgable, the atmosphere is amazing, and you will get a quality education here!
Attending Houston Baptist University was something I didn't think I'd grow to love, but touring the campus was just an eye opener for me, that this was where I wanted to study music. Fast forward to now, and I'm in my 2nd year entering my 3rd year come next semester. The faculty are absolutely amazing, and I love all of my professors. HBU is where I want to be.
Houston Baptist University is a great university to go to because of the environment and the staff members who work at the university. The environment is not only clean, but also positive as the people get along with one another. The staff members at Houston Baptist University always strive to encourage the students to do their best in classes and in their personal lives. They also create many different events and to try and engage with the students. The most important thing that Houston Baptist University offers is spiritual growth. The campus has a variety of programs (Bible studies, convocations, etc.) that allow the students to fellowship with their mentors and increase their love for God. Houston Baptist University is an excellent college to attend and a person would not regret applying to this university!
My experience is going great so far my professors always available when you need to talk to them. They also have a great tutoring center.
The campus is very small and easy to get around. The classes are small , with usually about 20 students which allows us to have a relationship with the professors. The professors are usually quite engaging and will try to learn their students names. There is not a lot of activity happening on campus usually , so there could be more to be involved in.
Houston baptist university has an execellent curriculum for learning. They have great teachers that are ready to help out with any difficulty. Friendly campus environment, neat and conducive for learning. Lots of extracurricular activities are provided for students which helps student to get to know each other better. Excellent program for any career field.
Houston Baptist University does have some great advantages during a college experience. However, it also has some serious flaws that the University needs to address. If you are looking for a place with ample opportunities to develop your faith, you are in the right place. HBU is a very small school with great opportunities to be involved in all types of organizations across campus. HBU is located near the Houston area which is a great place for networking and career choices. There are great academic resources for students within the library. However, the University does have its downfalls. Housing, on campus food, student involvement in allocation of funds, and the genuine care for each student at the University are all severely lacking. HBU has some great faculty members and those who make their students feel important and help them in any way possible, but there are also those who make students feel like nothing more than a paycheck.
While no school Ian perfect, I have grown in my appreciation for HBU’s faculty and students. Going back to school after taking a three-year gap has been rough but every professor and personel I’ve encountered at HBu has greatly helped me along the way. I am immensely grateful for the people at this school and I think has made the most impact in my life. While the courses are fun and a great size, it’s the professors and faculty at HBU that make this college worth attending.
It is a decent overall school, but it is very small. There are many good professors and the class sizes are small. The facilities are mostly up to date but the social aspect of HBU is not strong. There is not much to do/attend and the area around HBU does not have any places to go.
I love the fact that my school is small and Christian. It results in a more hands on approach to education. I guess I wish the school was not as expensive.
great faculty, generous scholarships. I do wish that the overall cost of attendance was not so high though.
Start Your Review of Houston Baptist University
HBU is close to home,has an amazing environment. The other students here are friendly. It has a nice family environment. The professors are great, always ensuring that we do our very best when it comes to tests and exams. Just an overall great school.
I simply love my school. The day I entered the school I feel like I was in Heaven.
I believe that an education at HBU should I be granted the privilege, will equip me with a deep understanding of 'every part of the scripture'. And as I go from HBU and down the path communicating the message of Christ I am certain that I could one day stand before my creator and unashamedly give account for the instruction and guidance I received from Houston Baptist University.
I recently went to visit this campus, and its marvelous. They have hammocks placed around campus for leisure/studying purposes. The school itself combines academics and spiritual life.