Houston Baptist University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Baptist
NCAA Division I-AA
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.56 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.53 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.53 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management32 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science30 Graduates
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology23 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities20 Graduates
Religious Studies13 Graduates
International Business12 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.65 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.77 responses
After Houston Baptist University
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.45 responses
Houston Baptist University Reviews
Review Houston Baptist University
HBU is the most amazing and friendliest university. The moment I moved in, it felt like home. People make you feel so welcomed and even the professors truly care for your well being. I wouldn't change anything about my second home. It is already so wonderful!
HBU is a university that encourages each and every athlete to excel in their academic success as well in our sports. HBU has the full support of faculty and students, the team spirit is in every student! Through out the whole campus we show the support and Kiza (our school mascot) tends to be in every single game cheering our athletes. The pep-rallies every Friday before a game is what brings the students together to bring the strength and support. Go Huskies!
I love the overall experience I have achieved at HBU, I am a proud Husky! I am glad that not only have I taken courses in my profession but also taken the time to learn more about God and finding myself. Professors are focused on each and every student and the teacher-student ratio is small. Obtaining that one on one setting with Professors and students alike is refreshing. The university although private and Christian is well diverse. I am glad to call HBU my safe heaven.