Horry-Georgetown Technical College Reviews

I love going to Horry-Georgetown Technical college. The instructors are amazing and they want you to succeed.
I love HGTC! As a staff and a student at the school, I love the atmosphere, the food, the scenery, and the students/ faculty. The SFA, student affairs, academic staff are all so nice. Plenty of recourses for anyone who needs help with anything.
Great college! All of the professors are very helpful! My overall experience so far has been wonderful!
Start Your Review of Horry-Georgetown Technical College
It was a very good experience. Great professors for the most part. Awesome student help center and library.
Horry-Georgetown Technical College is an amazing school to obtain training, a certificate, and/or a degree from. They offer numerous programs and flexible class scheduels to correlate with anyone's day-to-day life. Also, HGTC allows for an easy bridge program at Coastal Carolina University, and numerous other schools, with many of their program.
Great teacher to student ratio. Definitely a great place to learn, with different campuses available for those who live all over near the Myrtle Beach area. An increase in campuses for those who can't travel would be nice, but they do have great academics for very low cost in comparison to other colleges.
HGTC is a wonderful technical school to attend. Some professors are not the best at transferring the information they know into the students. The school however are very helpful and communicable.
This is a great technical college for someone who is completing two years of college. They do offer many transfers to other college once completed the courses here. The school has very flexible class times.
We have a Great learning institution right here in our community!!
I am truly enjoying this journey that I have embarked on to learn and grow.
Horry-Georgetown Technical College has a lot to offer. The campuses are very diverse and I love that, and the campus bookstores are very convenient.
Forestry program is great so far. The professors actually have work experience so you don't just look at a textbook all class. Very engaging teachers and staff.
The staff is so friendly and helpful! When I first arrived they were ready to help me and set me up with my new advisor to get me registered for classes! I have really enjoyed my experience at HGTC!
I've had a good experience at Horry-Georgetown. They only complaint that I would have is their response time in getting back with you. If you call in to say Student Accounts most of the time you will be sent directly to voicemail even if they are open. You will be prompted to leave a message with a promise to get back with you. Most of the time you will not receive a call back and instead will have to call again.
Horry-Georgetown Technical College has changed my life. They have an abundance of incredible resources available for students to use. They create a variety of class schedules ranging from early morning to late evening. The professors are passionate in their fields and they are more than willing to do what is necessary to help their students. I have met amazing people and have had unique experiences that have helped me grow as an individual, as well as an adult pursuing a career path.
The campus is beutiful with ponds and fountain glass buildings etc. and the professors are very good. But what I must say that most of the student services that is offered to students aren't really that helpful. They never seem to have any answers that aren't obvious. And their never on the same page with information especially when it comes to due dates. Another thing is that the school has a early college program so you might take some classes with teens who are still in high school which can feel a little weird at times.
The experience I have at Horry Georgetown is phenomenal. I have had great teachers. I have learned a lot during my time here. The thing I don't like about this school is that there books are overpriced and especially the biology books are not given proper ISBN numbers so we can get it at a cheaper price other than there bookstore. They fail to take into consideration that some people don't have it financially and are just there to get a degree to make a better life for themselves.
The process of applying went smoth however...most of the teachers I’ve had seem to believe that our outside lives mean nothing to them. I got into a car accident and missed a test because of the accident and my professor refused to let me make up the test even with proof. This was only one incident but the professors do not care enough about their students.
My time at HGTC has been excellent. I am an older student going to school online/part time.The school has worked very with schedule and has been accommodating with any and all questions that I might have. Financial aid has been excellent and they really work with the students on each of our needs.The classes are very interactive and i have met some really great friends and solid networking. As I continue,I hope to further my education I look forward to continuing my education with HGTC and working toward my degree in Public Service Administration. Thank you.
Start Your Review of Horry-Georgetown Technical College
The best experience ever for college studies! I enjoy the online classes and the face to face club meetings. I am looking forward to the study abroad adventure. The campus is nice and all are friendly. The bookstore and coffee shop are both great. The print shop personnel provide wonderful suggestion and fast assistance to help students prepare and create perfect products for class assignments and projects. The professors are helpful. The registrar's office staff members are always ready to help. The student gym rocks and is conveniently open for students! The bright cafeteria serves the best salads. The library is beautiful and an ideal place to study and read! Horry Georgetown Technical College is a good fit for many students. Horry Georgetown Technical College is located close to Myrtle Beach. The area is well suited for college students who enjoy the many area attractions when taking a break from college courses and studies.
It was a very easy going and open environment. The entire staff was friendly and always available to help whenever they were needed. Professors are there for you. They set up office hours and always encourage you to stop by if you need anything at all, and they are always quick to respond to emails or return phone calls.
I like that you can get a quality education for a minimal amount of money - minimal compared to 4-year colleges and universities.