Hood College is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.26 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.27 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.27 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.22 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.41 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.16 responses
Hood College Reviews
I love Hood College! There is always something to do so you are never stuck in your room bored. Some classes are challenging, butI would rather this than a school that doesn't teach well. Hood College may be small, but there are so many different things here, like clubs, activities, and even a few parties. This is a great school for many who don't like to be around too many people. As a proud Hood student, I can say that this is a great school.
It's a beautiful, small campus with a variety of classes and clubs to join. It's located about 10min walking distance from downtown Frederick where you get great food, shopping, and nightlife. You are 30min away from D.C. and Baltimore where you have even more doors open of internships and careers. It sounds great right?! Well the part that doesn't get this school a 5 star rating, it's expensive. Those internship and career opportunities for certain majors are extremely competitive because so many in this area want to do the same thing. In other words, you have to know what you want and be able to fight for it. The classes here are wonderful, teaching not only the curriculum but also life lessons along the way!
Really great, small school. You have to want to attend a liberal arts school. Business department is thriving and most popular majors reside in the business department. The resources available are tremendous and Hood does its best to place students.