Holyoke Community College Reviews

Brilliant facilities, via the arts and photography, and committed faculty. Getting a degree from a community college then transferring the 2 year degree over to a 4 year, saves money and eases you into college life.
Holyoke Community College is a great school for students who want to save money before attending a four-year school. The professors are very knowledgeable and friendly. The class sizes are great for student/professor interaction. The one thing that could improve is the advisors located in the advising center. The advisors should be better prepared to help new students find the best path in order to graduate as quickly as possible. Also, more information about the placement test, financial aid, and other school resources should be provided in order to keep students well informed about everything that the school has to offer. Overall Holyoke Community College is a great place to for students to take the first steps towards their future.
Great teachers! Great recourses! Transportation from parking lots to the building! Good food services. Nice athletic center is free to all students. Excellent academic support, tutors and learning couches available to all students. Easy access to public transportation. Many different clubs for any interests available. Computer lab is big and has many computers! Great place to continue your education!
Start Your Review of Holyoke Community College
I love the staff. There are courses and people that are so diverse. There is always something to do. They have everything you can think of. I love how they actually care for the people in the community and want us all to strive and do well. I advise everyone to come here. Plus, it’s WAY cheaper that a 4 year.
The nursing program is great! I love it. I took one class on campus it was okay. The A & P teacher didnt seem to know what he was talking about though.
As a student that is currently enrolled at HCC, I have come across many professors that fail to demonstrate interest in their performance as a teacher and the academic performance of their students. On the contrary, there are professors that are excellent at their job, they provide an excellent sense of academic challenge, find innovative ways to present the material, and are extremely resourceful. The school's advisers are a great help in suggesting the professors that come highly recommended. The advisers are excellent guides through the college experience; they offer both emotional and educational support. The campus is fairly clean, and often has many enjoyable free activities for students to partake in. The college is located within near proximity to several restaurants, a mall, and a Barnes and Noble. Overall this school is a good two year school, for those that are looking for cheaper alternatives throughout their educational journey.
This school is very good for your money. Good professors and good courses. I had a wonderful experience at this college.
I've have multiple advisors, and been in school for 7 years, lost my financial aid due to exceeding maximum credits due to different advisors wanting me to take classes unneeded
At Holyoke Community College you get a wide range of majors to choose from with a diverse array of classes available for each major as well as for electives.
On-line learning was always available. Offices/personnel were accommodating and available. Phone calls were easier for me and everyone from the Financial Aide office to the advisors were always available. Order books on line was a big plus. No trips to the college - where parking is at a premium.
Throughout my two years in Holyoke community college, I had the pleasure of knowing that for any situation involving my financial aid or academics, I could go to my professor, adviser, or the people at the financial aid office, and have them guide me through the questions or problems that arose. The only negative thing that I can say about Holyoke Community College is the quality of the water in most of the drinking fountains. It may be safe to drink but the taste will leave one to question that fact.
Ever since I started here at HCC I have not had an unpleasant experience! Everyone is helpful and friendly and the teachers have been some of the best I have had so far!
My experience at Holyoke Community College has been unforgettable. They offer free help at the writing center, as well as the math center which is extremely beneficial. My classmates have been friendly and my professors have been very helpful so far. I love it!
While the classes are good and the teachers are active in class. I have often found that some teachers don't try to go above and beyond and help some students who really need help. Also the advising system kinda sucks as they just tell you what you need ans just push you along.
Some really good courses are offered, with very good professors. Advisors can be good, but mine sucked. Did not help me at all, and did not properly inform me on any of my requirements. Would be late to our appointments, and also rush me out of his office before or appointment was over. Food is complete crap and is way overpriced. Very affordable classes; saved a lot of money starting off here than at a four year college.
The professors really care about you and want you to succeed. I am a first year college student and I chose to go to HCC because of how affordable it was. When it came time to register for spring classes all my teachers told their class it was important to get an appointment as soon as possible so they could get the classes they wanted. The teachers really care about your success at HCC even if they don’t see you again
I love this college they have a nice and safe campus ther campus is always very clean. They have a very diverse selection of classes you can take they have a very very very good Cafeteria the food is very good the school is placed in a very good spot close to stored close to food close to everything you would probably need they are have really nice professional service
Start Your Review of Holyoke Community College
I’ve visited the other community college around me and this one is top tier in my opinion. I’ve talked with many students about other colleges and universities and most agree with how great this place is. I’ve also spoken with professors from this college and besides the usual politics, they say the college is great for what it is. I would recommend this college to anyone wanting to start with college career. I have also been a mentor and might contour with that at this college.
I have personally been going to this college for about 4 semesters so far, it is not a massive college like UMass or a amazing sight like University of New Hampshire. But, it gives you more time to figure out who you are and where you need to go next to further your education. You may miss out on dorm parties and other aspects of living on campus, but it lets you test the waters.
I've been here for 2 years and the teachers and students here are welcoming and very friendly and helping.