Holy Names University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.24 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.19 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.19 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.25 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.37 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.20 responses
Holy Names University Reviews
Holy Names is a gem in the Oakland Hills. The school is small and everyone knows each other, which to me was a cool thing. Holy Names offers many events for students. The faculty and staff will know you by first name after the first week! Classes are small so professors will know you well and will help in areas you are struggling in. Also, free tutoring is offered on campus! HNU offers many resources, it is up to the individual to use them! Everyone is very helpful in leading you into the right direction! The school is very diverse, and the students are very understanding and welcoming! It is very safe here, we have one entrance and exit onto campus and its guarded by a gate and security! Their is so much to do in the area, also very close to downtown sf, just a short BART ride away!
I went to visit Holy Names University and I immediately fell in love with it! If you are looking for a small school, close friends, a great atmosphere, while also getting an amazing education then Holy Names is for you! It is located in a big city, Oakland and also only about 20 minutes from San Fransisco, but you are far enough for it to feel safe and at home.
On campus housing is a new experience, but one you will never forget! The dorms are double's so you share a room with another person, however you do have the option for single housing if disabilities are presented. Living on campus makes attending classes a lot easier, and you are able to make new friends more easily. Its a great experience and a lot of freedom!