Hofstra University Reviews

2,021 reviews
I love the environment that Hofstra provides its students. The staff is very welcoming and professors always make time to meet with their students if needed. Professors are also very understanding and they want to see their students succeed. In addition the campus is very safe and provides a night shuttle for students that will pick you up at the location that you tell them to.
Hofstra University is amazing! The atmosphere is super chill, yet you'll never run out of things to do! The people here are so nice and being so close to the city and beach is a major plus!
There are a lot of strong minded and willful people that disrupt the status quo and are able to make a motion for change. This institution has some hidden gems. You win some and you lose some with some professors, but if you out yourself out there, with many events and opportunities this institution has, you can make the most of your experience here at Hofstra. Anything is truly possible, if you put in the work.
Start Your Review of Hofstra University
Hofstra has been providing me with a great education. Professors are very approachable and have a ton of office hours making it easier to learn. People I meet are nice and it is easy to make friends
Hofstra has excellent professors that work hard to help their students succeed. There are also many resources to help students with academics and their careers in the future.
The school itself may not resemble the stereotypical post-secondary environment (there essentially exist no college "town" or "square". However, it does offer some quaint features which add to its charm and mystique. Besides being known as an arboretum, Hofstra's proximity to NYC offers boundless fun and opportunities to its students. Therefore, since it is in a significant location, its academics reflect a vibrant and competitive atmosphere. Its small and engaging classes allow students to form positive connections with other peers and professors. Its facilities could use some updating and the food is rather horrid (hence the less than perfect rating). However, the school is certainly an excellent one.
There are a variety of options offered by Hofstra University that allowed me to get adjusted to the college experience. The professors as well as the students are very opening and honest. The campus scenery is beautiful, such as the wide variety of trees and wildlife stationed inside the campus. I hope the professors for the freshman year courses can be more lenient to allow high schoolers to not get stressed out and to simply be prepared for the college experience. Overall, I am enjoying my time attending Hofstra University as a Civil Engineering major.
I love the online program and my professor. I am really learning a lot about the law. It keeps my interest and I am enjoying that I am able to understand how writing and reading briefs works.
Being a Graduate student my experience has been wonderful and made awesome freind circle
One thing would like to see change is to have few classes,activities, seminar,job fair,interaction with different professors in evenings since working professionals who are completing their graduation doesn't get interaction with them.Really would like to have this changes.
I enjoy being a student at Hofstra University because I am able to help diversify the population and learn and grow with others. My professors are very smart and experienced in their fields and I feel like I can learn a lot and gain a lot of experience.
not really worth the money but I loved it.. just had an annoying incident that turned me off to the school
Not a great school. If you are from the area and know how Hofstra truly is then it's fine. It's definitely a way different school than they advertise.
"18 mi from the city". You have to walk to the one place on campus, take a 20 minute shuttle ride and then wait for your inevitable delayed train that takes 45 minutes to get to the city costing you $18. The surrounding area is NOT designed for a college. Nothing is in walking distance, you HAVE to drive and the shuttle is such a pain to use. There is NOTHING TO DO HERE, everything costs A LOT of money. Can afford to build a brand new "state-of-the-art" business school building next to a BRAND NEW state of the art business school building but almost every other building has grungy, windowless, broken desk, and dirty class rooms? If you are having a problem, you go to someone who refers you to someone else who refers you to another person who refers you BACK to the first person you talked to. Nightlife is nonexistent. There are nasty frat parties where girls AND boys are drugged, people are arrested, and guns are shot. I only had 1000 characters but I could go on.
Amazing small school with a wide variety of dedicated staff. Only downside is the school's location.
Hofstra isn't a bad school, but it could be better. The people are wonderful and extremely friendly, diverse and including. The social clubs are very active and the vibe on campus is always nice and welcoming. However, it does get boring. The neighborhood that it is located in isnt the best or most fun, however there are a lot of fun neighborhoods nearby and NYC is pretty accessible. The facilities are underfunded, especially the library. The school should renovate some of the older buildings.
Loved most of my professors. Very active campus with many clubs and sport teams. Negative is that it is very expensive and I honestly should have gone to a state school. Loved all the cats and the friends I made
Diverse Univeristy but it needs to increase its budget in other departments besides the business school.
Start Your Review of Hofstra University
I have great professors who are well educated in their field and very caring to their students. I love the environment at Hofstra, it is very welcoming and provides many resources to help students succeed. The community is close-knit and family like.
Everyone is very helpful and knowledgeable! The campus is also very nice! Overall I enjoy my time at Hofstra
I like the diversity and helpful of professors and students, my financial advisor was ready to aid me in every inquiry that I had.