At Hofstra you will have endless opportunities for real-life, hands-on learning.
Your professors will not only teach you concepts and theories, but they will also teach you how to apply what you are learning so you can step out of the classroom and make a positive impact on the world around you. You will become part of a close-knit community that offers a global reach. You will experience cultures through your peers who come from 47 states and 81 countries. So when the time comes for those all-important internship experiences, you’ll have the knowledge you need; mentors in the scholars and professionals who teach you; exposure to diverse cultures and people, and experience through clubs, campus organizing, community service, and externship and career-prep initiatives. Intern in the summer, or during the school year — or even both. Many Hofstra students do multiple internships – because they can and because they are ready. You can change the world. You have everything you need.
Hofstra University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.124 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.142 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.142 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.173 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.205 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.91 responses
Hofstra University Reviews
The campus is absolutely beautiful, and simply walking through puts my mind at ease. I love the atmosphere that the students have cultivated, and the energy they give off. During class, I always feel that I am engaging with the course material. Professors are always willing to help students, and discussions are always beneficial.
If I could see any change, I would like for more students to take advantage of the fact that they are so close to NYC! I feel that some of us take the Big Apple for granted, because it really is so easy to travel to. So, students forget to go and explore the city. Which is quite sad because the city has so so so much to offer and is only a quick train ride away.
Outside of the program, Hofstra has many opportunities and support networks to help you succeed as a student. You never feel like a number, even in distribution (general education) classes, and it is super easy to find your place and friends here. Could not recommend attending Hofstra more!