COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
In light of the current global health circumstances, we have made our regularly scheduled campus visit opportunities into virtual experiences. Join us from the comfort of your own home to learn more about Hofstra, ask questions, see a virtual tour of our campus, and in some cases meet faculty! *Please note you will be notified of any updates in relation to when on-campus visits can commence* Learn More
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB
At Hofstra you will have endless opportunities for real-life, hands-on learning.
Your professors will not only teach you concepts and theories, but they will also teach you how to apply what you are learning so you can step out of the classroom and make a positive impact on the world around you. You will become part of a close-knit community that offers a global reach. You will experience cultures through your peers who come from 47 states and 81 countries. So when the time comes for those all-important internship experiences, you’ll have the knowledge you need; mentors in the scholars and professionals who teach you; exposure to diverse cultures and people, and experience through clubs, campus organizing, community service, and externship and career-prep initiatives. Intern in the summer, or during the school year — or even both. Many Hofstra students do multiple internships – because they can and because they are ready. You can change the world. You have everything you need.
Hofstra University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.124 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.149 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.149 responses
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Hofstra University has launched a four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program that will provide the educational, clinical, and experiential base for entry-level professional practice, as well as the platform on which to build a career through graduate-level study and lifelong learning.
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.180 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.212 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.91 responses