Hobart and William Smith Colleges is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
Upstate Collegiate Athletic Association
Hobart and William Smith Colleges Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.32 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.33 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.34 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.42 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.53 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.21 responses
Hobart and William Smith Colleges Reviews
Hobart and William Smith Colleges is definitely for a specific type of person. I am involved in the English department where the staff are wonderful and super helpful. Socially, things get complicated, the social scene is structured around friend groups where people are often kicked out of. The sex culture is rampant in casual sex and I urge incoming freshmen to be careful. If one plays their cards right, HWS can be a perfect place. The campus is astoundingly beautiful.Theme houses rock!
I love this place! I was choosing between here and Villanova, so glad I chose HWS. Hobart is a classic college ecpirence. The teachers are some of the best, and classes are so small, you have a lot of access to them. I have met some of the best people here too, friends I will have for life! The Campus is so beautiful right on the lake make spring so much fun. Lots of Hanging out on boats and chilling on the shoars of Seneca Lake. One of the best career services going, they are so good to work with and great at getting your high paying jobs after college.
An excellent college for any student looking for an exceptional college experience! Most class sizes are small, allowing for professors to really get to know their students and provide them with individualized attention. The study abroad programs are phenomenal and an experience every student should take advantage of! The sports programs and coaches are extremely devoted to student athlete success. The town of Geneva is quaint and supportive of the colleges. The campus is right on the border of NY Finger Lakes Wine Trail and Seneca Lake! :)