Located on 320 acres in the heart of New York State's Finger Lakes Region, Hobart and William Smith are independent liberal arts colleges distinctive for providing highly individualized educations. Guided by a curriculum grounded in exploration and rigor, the Colleges prepare students to lead lives of consequence. In partnership with the Geneva and global communities and through robust programs in career development, study-abroad, service, leadership, and athletics, the Colleges foster an environment that values global citizenship, teamwork, ethics, inclusive excellence, and cultural competence.
Hobart and William Smith Colleges Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- Rates starting at 4.25% APR + 1% Cash Back
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.32 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.35 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.36 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.44 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.55 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.21 responses
Hobart and William Smith Colleges Reviews
HWS students have access to opportunities that prepare them for their life after graduation and help them stand out from their peers. Students can take advantage of the career center as early as their freshmen year and go abroad as early as their sophomore year. Undergraduate research is popular as are senior honors projects. Faculty mentorship extends far beyond the classroom and students feel supported during their four years.