Hinds Community College Reviews

I'm in the MLT program. It is challenging, but the professors are good at making it fun and Interactive
I like the academics of hinds. Professors are excellent, they really care about the students. Campus are great!
I love my school. Hinds Community College has great instructors and professors. It is one of the best opportunities in the community for oppressed black people. I'm glad for the opportunity to interact with other people seeking an education, it's the one thing all students have in common. We could use a cafeteria on the Jackson campus though.
Start Your Review of Hinds Community College
I am a student at Hinds Community College through duel-enrollment; this means that I am a high school student taking Hinds classes online. My experience with Hinds professors and classes has been positive overall. I learned a lot through English Comp. 1 and 2, and my professors have always been helpful and kind. In fact, I actually improved my writing a lot with the help of my teachers. Even though I am duel-enrolled I still enjoy all the perks of a college student, such as the computer lab. This college is nice and affordable, I just wish I could change the location. Pearl, MS is kind of boring.
The atmosphere at hinds is very welcoming and professional. Classes are definitely challenging, but they are not impossible. The teachers are very professional and easy to reach if you have a question. Scholarships, however, are limited and if you are not a first time college student, you won't receive a scholarship for ACT. The electives Hinds offers are varied and very fun.
It's a really great college! The professors are kind and will help you if you are having trouble. The campus is easy to get around. They help you if you are financially struggling as well. It is easy to make a payment plan.
Hinds is a great place to go to school. Whether you’re going for Technical or Something like Cosmetology or Culinary Arts. The programs are very diverse and the instructors are amazing. They push you hard and always tell you “Giving up is not an option “. They actually care about you and want to see you succeed
I love the teachers and the tools they utilize. It is a great learning experience and easy to enjoy.
I take full online classes and can get my Associate degree in Business Management through HINDSCC. I love everything about getting my degree online through HindsCC. Great Instructors, access to classes, class content, my cost. They have been awesome in every way I can think of. Even transferring to a university in Mississippi & all your credits being accepted & inline with continuing on to a 4 year degree program.
The counselors do not seem to want to help, so you basically have to figure out your classes on your own. You definitely need to know which classes you need to transfer to a university before speaking to them.
Good Community college that is oriented towards freshman and new students. 7 campuses and online classes. Band, Choir, and Athletics are very good.
Hinds Community College is a very down to earth college. The students and teachers are very warm-welcoming. It’s a small loving environment. A great school to attend.
Hinds Community College offered me the BEST experience ever. Everyone welcomed me with open arms and was always willing to help. They provided many resources to help with any and every subject. Hinds also provides many outside programs that help prepare for the real world. At Hinds, I learned a lot about myself as well as working with others. The academic programs were challenging but what would you expect coming from the #1 Community College in Mississippi. I will forever and always be grateful to be apart of the Hinds Community Family. It is an honor to be a student and future Alumni. I hope anyone interested in attending Hinds goes for it, you will be 100% satisfied and will have a lot of fun.
I like my Professors and the learning experience overall. Especially the online classes which are great. The only thing that I would change is I’m paying out of pocket so I’m on a payment plan. I feel that I should be able to choose the date when the payments comes out of my bank account.
The staff was so courteous and very polite. My overall experience was this particular financial aid advisor Ms Elizabeth Hunter did everything that she could to get my appeal Approved and gave me many resources to fund my college experience
I have had a great time there and people was nice enough to come to me and help me with things I didn’t know
As I do not go to the one in Raymond I do attend the one in Utica. If you are coming from a large city, Utica may not be the one to go to because it’s in a rural setting, so if you do not like the country side of life then please go to the in Raymond or the other 6 campuses. As of I, I do not mind it, but it sometimes can get repetitious sometimes. The people there are unique and come from different of places. The teachers there are really helpful in regards of class work just make sure you are speaking up on it and getting help. If you are looking for something different please go to the hinds in Utica
Start Your Review of Hinds Community College
The classes were ok. I didn't feel like I got a good education in my welding program. One teacher I had was great but the other didn't teach us anything and constantly picked on me. Reported him to administration.
Hinds is an extremely fun experience. The downfall is there is nothing surrounding the school it’s basically in the country but the school makes sure you have fun and have something to do.
One of the best schools to start your path for success. Small class sizes and professional instructors. In addition, they have the Phi Thetta Kappa program that earns qualified student variety of schalorships in the state of Mississippi. Affordable tutuition as well. I minnor thing that could get better is to create an organization that assists international students since a lot of them attend this school.