Hillsdale College Reviews

I have attended Hillsdale for almost a year now, and it has been great! The professors sincerely care about the students' education and are always there for them. Since it is a small college, the community is tightly-knit; students can hardly walk across campus without saying hello to at least one person, students have movie nights and mixers together, and sometimes will even be invited to dine at professors' houses. Hillsdale is academically challenging, which creates an excellence that allows students to self-govern, and discover how to think.
I didn't know if I would like it, but I gave it a chance and I'm glad I did. Small and conservative, totally not me, but I'm found The right people and it's so fun. Couldn't ask for a better place to spend 4 years. Strong classics education and wonderful people and professors.
Hillsdale College prepares students in every way to become independent, successful, disciplined, and well-rounded citizens who engage in their communities and are life-long learners. The academics are rigorous for all students in any major, and faculty and advisors are invested in helping students meet their goals. The College provides an excellent climate for diversity, which is present and will hopefully continue to increase. Hillsdale is dedicated to its mission and turns out alumni who are passionate about encouraging future classes.
Review Hillsdale College
The college is small but that makes everyone know most everyone else, so everyone is very nice here. People always smile at you when they walk past, even if they don't know who you are. It's known for it's academic rigor, and it really can't be overstated how hard it is here. Some of the athletes don't study all the time, but for the most part, everyone is focused on academics. That makes for a pretty good party scene since people want to unwind after a long week, but there are tons of other options if you don't want to go out on the weekends.
Hillsdale is an amazing school! I went on a high study aboard program in June to England. I got to stay on campus an experience life as a student. The professors were so incredible and a treat to be able to talk with. Everyone was very friendly.
Drug scene is very minimal, alcohol use prominent, but safely done. It is popular, but not required.
Hillsdale College is highly respected and valued in employers.
The campus is very safe, and people are very respectful of others' property.
Everything is close, people are very chill.
Greek life is pretty significant. It is definitely unique from many other schools, but still a ton of fun.
The involvement and facilities are great, but our performance and fan spirit are typically somewhat lacking.
My experience has been incredible. I love the small student body, small classes, and tight community. Everyone knows everyone and know how to have a good time.
We only have a few frats and sororities, and they're mostly known for their parties, although some of the sororities do some great community service. If you're Greek here, you don't advertise it like I've heard is the case at other schools. The Greek houses are pretty nice and close to campus, so you don't have to go far to class.
We're DII, but people still come out to watch the football games and some come to other sporting events like volleyball and soccer. We only have 1400 students, but we still get a lot of fans (many of them are townies). The athletic facilities are actually great, especially for non-athletes (the weight room isn't that big but has a ton of equipment). The athletes get lots of free clothes and free laundry. Homecoming week is also really big and people go all out.
Hillsdale is small, which I like because it's easy to walk everywhere and I know many of the students that I pass when walking. Most of the classes aren't as hard intellectually as I expected coming in, but they assign a lot of homework which is where the stress comes in. Most of the students spend most of their time either studying or at their clubs or sports practices.
My favorite aspect of Hillsdale College is the student body size, small classes and discussion style lectures.
Hillsdale College is widely known for their investment in students and the quality of its graduates.
Review Hillsdale College
Our safety and security building is very visible and centrally located. We can call for a security escort anytime we have a concern.
The college did a wonderful job of fulfilling my housing request and roommate matching.
Those involved in the Greek life seem eager to include all students and provide a service to the campus community.