Hillsborough Community College Reviews

2,019 reviews
The people are very interesting and welcoming. The ybor campus is very unique in a great way. always something entertaining going on. the teachers are very informative and helpful. just a great place to learn and meet people!
I am enrolled but have yet to start attending. I have met many people who have gone here and I've had the opportunity to see each campus and have had fun experiences with the college prior to enrolling. Am excited to attend.
The staff tries to help out a lot through step-by step process. Most of the information is reachable through the internet. Teachers are very good at explaining classes and are direct with what is expected from a student.
Start Your Review of Hillsborough Community College
I like how the Hillsborough Community College has a calm and clean campus. The professors are generally good and the classes are not too crowded. However, I do wish that the dean of academic affairs had a more student-friendly approach when students have problems with their teachers or grades.
Enjoyed going to this college. Wasn't expensive as if starting off at a university. Wasn't too hard. May of had issues with the financial aid office with some stuff but overall I enjoyed going here. Made a lot of memories.
Classes are great, teachers are full of knowledge and ready to teach. I learned a lot since I started HCC that I did not knew before.
I really loved being a part of the Honors Institute of Hillsborough Community College; the classes were enriching, advisers were extremely helpful and informative, and the class sizes at HCC were perfect. I felt like I could connect with my teachers and peers due to the smaller class sizes which is very important in the transition between high school to college.

As far as what I would like to see change, it would be the process of enrollment and assistance with registration, information desk, etc at the regular HCC offices (specifically the Brandon campus).I would definitely recommend finding a more streamline, effective way of handling student and parent's questions such as a support line that works directly with the school and not a call center that is outsourced; it would greatly help both the staff and students with the whole process of enrollment.
Hillsborough Community College was my first choice because I can take all of my classes online. I plan to obtain my associates degree with HCC online and then use their guaranteed/automatic transfer program to go to USF for my bachelors because my high school grades were not good enough to initially get into USF. The student councilors will match your course electives for your associates degree to the USF bachelors course requirements so you can make progress with both degrees at the same time and easily transfer the credits to USF when you switch over.
I’ve encountered a lot of nice professors and administration workers, but I’ve certainly had issues with organization at this school. The parking situation can be awful as everyone commutes. The run around to get questions answered or do a simple task can be annoying (going to multiple desks for help). There are, however, some enthusiastic and helpful professors who I have greatly appreciated. There are one or two others who I’m not sure even want to be teaching at this point. The bottom line is this is a community college where every kid seems to go on the path to going somewhere else. Whether it be expense or not getting into a university straight out of high school, the kids here are usually in the waiting line until they go to the next place. Personally I’m fine with that, but I think it might discourage some kids who strive to get more of a community and experience out of their AA.
A great starter to college with cheaper class options! It would be wonderful to be able to start my future!!
I love how Hillsborough Community College is student friendly. They have so many programs and activities that are done throughout the semester to assist and help college students in all aspects of college life.
Hillsborough Community College is a little stressful not because of the classwork itself but more so the advising or cashiers office. Attending this college however, has helped me become more organized because I can’t depend on them. This college does provide a lot of different courses and gives individuals a chance to test out different courses so we can figure out in which direction is best. Depending on your advisor, you have to be accurate on what you would like your major to be or they will place you in whatever major they think might best serve you which can add more time to your education.
HCC is a great opportunity for anyone interested. They give you the help and motivation you need to reach your goals. With a very laid back campus scene and outgoing professors it's an excellent path to a 4 year university. Tuition is also low so that's a plus.
I ATTENDED HILLSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE FOR 2 YEARS. I APPRECIATED THE TEACHERS AND THE KNOWLEDGE THAT I GAINED FROM THIS SCHOOL HOWEVER I DO THINK THERE NEEDS TO BE CHANGES AS FAR AS SPORTS, CLUBS, ON CAMPUS EVENTS, AND OVER ALL THE SOCIAL OPPURTUNITIES EVERY COLLEGE SHOULD OFFER.I ALSO THINK THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE PARKING SPACE FOR STUDENTS AND FACULTY MEMBERS.
Hcc has the potential to be a good school. However the casual environment and the fact there are no professors but rather "instructors" is kind of a drawback.
The food is very, very, very bad. The facilities are very clean though and the administration really takes the extra step to make students feel comfortable and successful in college.
Most teachers are very helpful and will provide you with resources to help you with your classes. This is a great place to start your college education.
I personally really enjoy HCC. The staff there is really nice and friendly and the professors are helpful. They do their best to help you and they encourage you to visit them during their office hours if you need help with anything. They do their best to help you with your grades and they show that they want what is best for you and your success.
Start Your Review of Hillsborough Community College
I love attending campus. The Professors are very helpful. The classroom sizes are small so you are able to get more one on one interaction with the teacher and students.
Its fun and extremely helpful with my education. Everything about it was an impact to my life. I love everything about HCC and would recommend it to anyone who is trying college out for the first time.
I like how it is a very open environment to everybody that attends this school. I also enjoy how there are many different resources around the school that can help you with anything that you are struggling in. Something else that is good about Hillsborough Community College is that the student government always has many things going on for the students to be able to interact with, some things are like movie nights on campus, field trips, etc.