High Point University Reviews

1,354 reviews
Everyone student that we’ve had work at our company ends up not being able to work in groups or crying in the bathroom once they step off the country club campus.
Overall, my experience at High Point University has been extraordinary. The school was a perfect fit for me and I have loved every single minute I have been on campus. The balance of academics, athletics, the arts, and extracurricular activities has been fantastic, and I feel as if I have really gotten to explore and find myself in all of these areas. I love the continued challenges and growth that I find here at HPU and I look forward to continuing that in the future.
Almost all of my professors during both semesters have went the extra step to help me be successsful in my classes. The academics have been somewhat challenging and have helped me realize the level of work and studying it takes to be successful in college. The campus life is very welcoming and offers many opportunities to get involved. Joining clubs and sports helped to make friends. The food is also very good and there’s enough options across campus so I never got tired of it. Besides classes, sports and clubs the party scene is good and a fun way to spend times with friends on the weekends.
Start Your Review of High Point University
Very beautiful, kinda makes you want to learn and be a better person. The environment is so peaceful and studious it's hard to slack off because everyone as is on their A game. Over all it's a great school great people a great place to be for 4 years
My first year at High Point University was great- many ways to get involved and a lot of activities to do on campus.
Beautiful albeit expensive university. Regret not taking advantage of great career services department
So many opportunities available, the professors care, the campus is BEAUTIFUL. I love being a student here. Have made life long relationships with so many people. I just wish the school was more diverse but it has improved since I came as a freshman.
The campus is one of the most beautiful, not only in North Carolina but in the South and everybody is there to help you out when and wherever you need it.
love hpu! my love for it continues to grow with each and everyday. love the food, dorms, staff. i have a feeling of belonging on campus and there are so many ways to get involved.
The professors are very professional and helpful; they genuinely want you to understand the course material and are willing to give help outside of class to help you learn. The campus is beautiful, security gets an A+ (I always walked around the campus around 2am and never felt unsafe), and there are plenty of things to do. There are also a lot of activities to do on campus; a lot of sponsored events, a movie theatre, etc. The environment is not always welcoming, which is one thing I'd like to change. A lot of the students at High Point I found to be a little stuck-up, but that doesn't mean there aren't other students who are not. If you look hard enough you'll find a great set of friends who are sweet and down to Earth.
I like the welcome received from administration and staff during my campus visits. I love the campus. It is very beautiful and well maintained.
My freshman year was absolutely amazing. I met some of the most amazing friends thanks to living in the women’s complex. People have lots of money, but I have yet to come across someone who brags about it. Professors and staff really care about their students. Parties aren’t crazy but are definitely fun if you go with the right people. Although there isn’t much to do outside the bubble, everything you basically need is right on campus.
The professors are amazing and everyone who works at HPU are so nice and friendly. The campus is so pretty and I just love the school and it just feels like home. Choosing to go to High Point was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
Business college with strange fences. Green water and fountains. It felt like a fairyland. In the furniture capitol of the states, with a good interior design program.
High Point University is an amazing school. The feeling you get when you walk onto campus is like no other. The professors and students are welcoming and accommodating. The university offers so many opportunities and leads you to success.
I love how involved the President is in his university. For everything they have on campus they have a reason they do it on campus. For example classical music plays alone the sidewalks because it stimulates brain activity.
With an acceptance rate of 72% you don't really expect your classmates to be geniuses, and they aren't. Granted, there are more women at HPU than men, so that helps a bit, especially since a lot of the guys are here because their parents wanted them somewhere safe, and with an attractive campus. In some ways it reminds me of a sketch on SNL years ago, where the premise was "come to our college, you can travel the world for four years, and we'll tell your parents you're still in school." HPU puts up a big front-- but it has a long, long way to go before it is a good school. Maybe that's why only 65% graduate; the other 35% decide to go elsewhere; or work on their golf game.
Oh, if this matters to you, it is almost all white. Less than 6% minority. Just like the country club.
Start Your Review of High Point University
High Point provides an exceptional opportunity for higher education and they go above and beyond to meet student needs.
Many people are not genuine and if you aren’t rich, you will have some problem. Wanted to transfer after first semester and now I’m transferring after second semester. It’s not worth the money you pay. You pay for the campus, not the experience
I have only attended High Point University for two semesters. When I first visited I was in awe by what I saw. I couldn't believe what I was seeing the campus looked like it was straight out of Disney. Now having been here for a few months I do not see it as the same school as I did when I visited. Sure, the facilities and dorms on campus are amazing, the food is amazing, and the staff goes above and beyond for you. But, I have found that the faculty is not the nicest and that the school is listed as a Private Methodist University but seems to be very removed from the faith even though it offers chapel services, christian clubs, and requires you to take one religion class. Over all I am a little disappointed with this University but at the same time am very thankful for what I have learned and what I am going to continue to learn here.