High Point University Reviews

1,310 reviews
Deciding to attend High Point University was one of the best choices I made to better my academic future. Admitting what stands out the most is the campus. Everything about the school is absolutely beautiful, I couldn't ask for anything better. The professor are amazing, and always willing to work with students outside of classtime. The social life is easy to get involved with and there is always something to do. I have made friends that will last a lifetime, and will have a education that will help me achieve my goals in life.
The best part about High Point University is its small classroom setting. Class sizes average one teacher for every sixteen students. This creates a personalized educational experience that aids in a person's learning career. The teachers are able to communicate with the student individually and show care for the student's education.
High Point is a great school, there are so many staff members that are willing to drop anything to help you out. The classroom settings are small and allow for one on one with teachers which is always helpful. The surrounding area isn't the best but there are things to do you just have to explore and find them.
Review High Point University
I just completed my freshman year at High Point University. I absolutely loved the last year. I was so sad to drive all the way back home for the summer. High Point is the type of place where you get out what you put in. They are up and ready to pour into you, as much as you ask. Im so stoked for the next three years, now that I know the ropes and have more confidence in my professional and leadership abilities.
Very beautiful and inspiring campus to motivate students. Really sets students up for success. Resources are great.
I'm a graduating sophomore at High Point and I want ti give an honest review of this school. HPU isn't your traditional college experience as I have seen two older siblings go through different colleges already. It is difficult to adjust to for many people for a few reasons. One, security is more strict than most people would like. Also, the people are very preppy generally, but there's no pressure to change yourself to fit in. Lastly, not many people attend the sporting events. I enjoy them, but it never gets very rowdy. It may take a couple semesters or even a couple years, but once you get involved on campus and meet a bunch of people, it's a very rewarding school to attend. Depending on your major, classes are generally fairly easy (especially business). You can get a strong sense of community especially on nice days when everyone is hanging out by the pools. Like I said, the attendance of sporting events is pretty love, but intramural sports are HUGE.
One year ago, attending the Presidential Scholarship weekend changed our family for the better. HPU became part of our life. My son #2 knew that weekend that HPU was on his short list. After being accepted to more prestigious schools, he decided, despite a lot of pressure from family and friends, to take a leap of faith and go to HPU. He entered in the Fall of 2016 into the honors program. The opportunities he's had thus far have been amazing. HPU delivers on everything and more. In addition, my son #1 decided to transfer to HPU in the Fall of 2016 as well. Two brothers, same school, very different experiences and both having an extraordinary education and experience.
I read everything on the internet about HPU, much good, some not so good. I was so nervous about whether or not we had made a good decision. I couldn't be more pleased with HPU and proud that my boys are part of such a warm, loving college community. So...HPU, plan on seeing son #3 in the Fall of 2018!
The campus is absolutely stunning which is what bring many students to it. However, I find there isn't a ton of diversity. A lot of the students come from upper class families and it definitely shows. There are a lot more female students than male and it is apparent on campus.
High Point University is even more extraordinary than all the articles about it would have you believe. The campus is beautiful; the professors are genuine, and the opportunities are limitless! It truly is heaven on Earth!
I really love this school. It has its flaws, like too much politics and not a very diverse student body, but I've had some incredible professors and some incredible opportunities that I wouldn't trade for the world.
This school is uncomparable to any other. This school is so extraordinary as it's focus is for the students to become extraordinary. Students receive a well rounded education focused on life skills and social development- not just the knowledge of a degree or major. Students have so many opportunities for well roundedness at the school and they all are able to learn in a comfortable, medium sized environment which is centered around their personal growth.
I have live in High Point city for four years. I love it because I can go everywhere such Charlott, Raleigh, or Durham with the same distance. High Point as the heart of North Carolina.
High Point University (HPU) brings the special value to High Point city. The infrastructure, the landscape, and the buildings of HPU have traditional and modern life. Someone feel like they are living in a Royal family or they are walking along New York city. The Physician Assistant (PA) and Doctor of Pharmacy Program (Pharma) programs make HPU more and more famous. The diversify in education is important. I hope that HPU will continue developing on Medical field in the future. The Medical or Dental will be a good vision to think about. More and more students from other states will come to HPU and High Point will be known by more people.
Thanks
High Point is definitely a unique place. There are an abundance of resources to take advantage of, and the majority of professors here are incredible.
Everything about this college is superior to any other. The campus is well planned, clean, with an added plus of constant classical music playing over intercom speakers. The professors are intelligent an d inspiring. Facilities have modern decor with great furniture, movie theaters, and other upper class amenities that make you feel like royalty. With constant campus events and a row of Greek Houses, there is plenty to do for fun and in the community. Tuition is pricier than most, but you certainly get what you pay for with HPU and it is so worth it.
I've loved being here for almost 2 years. The programs are wonderful as well as the professors. As an Education major the programs here available for us are just incredible and really work on us getting into the field.
Amazing school with caring people on a beautiful campus. This college is one-of-a-kind and perfect for students studying a wide variety of subject.
I truly wanted to love HPU. I went to this school because it seemed like paradise. Everything about this campus is beautiful and every professor I had really cared about the students. The only bad things about this school are the students and the facade the school shows prospective students. If you only care about how much money your parents have, if your clothes are designer or not, and partying then this is probably the school for you. All the fabulous things the school brags about are things you'll probably rarely use. The movie selection at the theater isn't great and the arcade is basically useless. Don't go to Prime until you know people you'll be fine spending three hours talking to. The quality of food goes down significantly when prospective students aren't visiting. There was usually at least one ambulance on campus every weekend because someone drank too much. This school is the epitome of don't judge a book by its cover. The inside isn't as great as the cover.
Review High Point University
It is a great school. But it is really expensive. The professors are great as long as you get to know them. The student body isn't diverse. There are many white faces and a few brown faces The party scene is a bore because there are a few local bars and no clubs. If you aren't involved in sports or clubs it's difficult to make friends. Housing freshmen year is nice because you live on campus. You can have a car freshmen year. Getting the housing you want after freshmen year is difficult because priority is giving to upper classmen. Campus is really safe as long as you don't leave the "bubble". There are trolleys to use to get to main campus and off campus housing. All of the staff and professors are friendly.
In reading all these reviews sent in by "students", I may as well just read HPU's advertisements. It appears as if admissions is using their time to write fluff reviews. Every other review is extroidinary, awesome, fantastic, great dining, pristine grounds, country club dorms. I guess the director of WOW is proud of his efforts. Five percent African Americans? If Nido could swing it, the number might be zero. He doesn't even want the staff to associate or be seen out on campus. Security is a joke. Sure they're seen, but are powerless to enforce any rules over the rich entitled customers called students. One phone call from moma and everything is forgotten. Students at HPU are NOT prepared to enter the real world. If they think everywhere they go, they will have their butt wiped the way Nido's koolaid drinking minions do while they're in school, no way. Go somewhere else and get a degree worth your time.
High Point University is filled with breathtaking views and scenery. It's gardens bring color to the campus. All day classical music is played, which is soothing and good for the brain.