High Point University Reviews

1,346 reviews
love hpu! my love for it continues to grow with each and everyday. love the food, dorms, staff. i have a feeling of belonging on campus and there are so many ways to get involved.
The professors are very professional and helpful; they genuinely want you to understand the course material and are willing to give help outside of class to help you learn. The campus is beautiful, security gets an A+ (I always walked around the campus around 2am and never felt unsafe), and there are plenty of things to do. There are also a lot of activities to do on campus; a lot of sponsored events, a movie theatre, etc. The environment is not always welcoming, which is one thing I'd like to change. A lot of the students at High Point I found to be a little stuck-up, but that doesn't mean there aren't other students who are not. If you look hard enough you'll find a great set of friends who are sweet and down to Earth.
I like the welcome received from administration and staff during my campus visits. I love the campus. It is very beautiful and well maintained.
Start Your Review of High Point University
My freshman year was absolutely amazing. I met some of the most amazing friends thanks to living in the women’s complex. People have lots of money, but I have yet to come across someone who brags about it. Professors and staff really care about their students. Parties aren’t crazy but are definitely fun if you go with the right people. Although there isn’t much to do outside the bubble, everything you basically need is right on campus.
The professors are amazing and everyone who works at HPU are so nice and friendly. The campus is so pretty and I just love the school and it just feels like home. Choosing to go to High Point was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
Business college with strange fences. Green water and fountains. It felt like a fairyland. In the furniture capitol of the states, with a good interior design program.
High Point University is an amazing school. The feeling you get when you walk onto campus is like no other. The professors and students are welcoming and accommodating. The university offers so many opportunities and leads you to success.
I love how involved the President is in his university. For everything they have on campus they have a reason they do it on campus. For example classical music plays alone the sidewalks because it stimulates brain activity.
With an acceptance rate of 72% you don't really expect your classmates to be geniuses, and they aren't. Granted, there are more women at HPU than men, so that helps a bit, especially since a lot of the guys are here because their parents wanted them somewhere safe, and with an attractive campus. In some ways it reminds me of a sketch on SNL years ago, where the premise was "come to our college, you can travel the world for four years, and we'll tell your parents you're still in school." HPU puts up a big front-- but it has a long, long way to go before it is a good school. Maybe that's why only 65% graduate; the other 35% decide to go elsewhere; or work on their golf game.
Oh, if this matters to you, it is almost all white. Less than 6% minority. Just like the country club.
High Point provides an exceptional opportunity for higher education and they go above and beyond to meet student needs.
Many people are not genuine and if you aren’t rich, you will have some problem. Wanted to transfer after first semester and now I’m transferring after second semester. It’s not worth the money you pay. You pay for the campus, not the experience
I have only attended High Point University for two semesters. When I first visited I was in awe by what I saw. I couldn't believe what I was seeing the campus looked like it was straight out of Disney. Now having been here for a few months I do not see it as the same school as I did when I visited. Sure, the facilities and dorms on campus are amazing, the food is amazing, and the staff goes above and beyond for you. But, I have found that the faculty is not the nicest and that the school is listed as a Private Methodist University but seems to be very removed from the faith even though it offers chapel services, christian clubs, and requires you to take one religion class. Over all I am a little disappointed with this University but at the same time am very thankful for what I have learned and what I am going to continue to learn here.
High Point's philosophy is really impressive. on the campus they have a huge chair that represents dreaming big.
What I like about High Point University is that the second that you step onto campus, it already starts to feel like your new home. You get this sense of comfortability that makes you feel safe and secure and the university starts to feel like your second home. So much that you don't want to leave.
High Point University is a small school, where every student is given the opportunity for success. The educators are top notch. The dorms are amazing. I have met so many wonderful people from all over the world. The moment you step on campus, you feel at home.
What’s not to love about HPU. They have wonderful engaged teachers that enjoy teaching. They help make learning fun. HPU offers many different areas of study and are constantly adding more. The campus is beautiful. Beautiful flowers & piped musics as you walk to classes. The intramural program as well as division III sports can keep you busy either playing or watching. The food is amazing. There are many many different places to choose from including 2 Starbucks! The dorms are brand New and spacious.
My Freshman has had a great experience. She has become involved in several activities and has made a lot of new friends. Yes, some reviews discuss the students and money status...but, that is today's society. Some people have money ...some are striving to make money. Classes have been good, scheduling has been manageable, opportunities have been plentiful. We have been pleased so far and she is happy and doing well.
Start Your Review of High Point University
A very fun school with lots to offer. Facilities are incredible, and the faculty truely care about your success.
I really enjoyed my time at High Point University. The campus is by far one of the nicest campuses in the country, and the amenities are outstanding. The class size is small which gives you an opportunity to have a closer relationship with your professors. The only thing I didn't like was that besides the university, the city of High Point does not have much to offer.
HPU is for people striving for academic excellence. Amazing. So excited to go here. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!