Herzing University - Birmingham Reviews

It's a fast pace environment with multiple instructors willing to work with you and tutor you along the way. Very small university but a quality school. This a school of academics there are no sports or anything extra. The school focuses mainly on what you need to get your degree. In currently enrolled in their lpn program and I love it. That even have a review class at the end that helps you to prepare for your nursing board. The staff is super nice and very easy to get along with. I am glad I made the choice to drive the distance to this particular university.
As soon as I walked in I was greeted by a smiling face and got right down to business with a Nursing adviser.
Had my funding appointment today & They helped a lot.
  • Mar 13 2015
Review Your College
Can hardly wait to start the nursing program at Herzing University!!
  • Mar 13 2015
  • Campus
Location, Location , Location is good for me , its between work & home. I am able to go at anytime to access any info or study area for when i leave work or a function. The material taught are in tune with todays technology
professor has tutoring hours for 30 mins before class & offer the same service during class, our class hours are 5:30-10:30 pm , leaving room for us to discuss, execute & hands on training.
admission office has 2 computers & printers for all students , we also have a library with computers. but i have tried to use the book library & i didn't see where their books were very informational , most of our course books are purchased and viewed online.
  • Campus
wireless access is available ; each desk have a pc but the school has furnished students with Sony Windows 8 laptops (included in tuition) ; i was disappointed to find out wireless printing is not available for technical based school. On hands lab teaches us how to set up servers & network hubs , i feel the equipment could be be more up to date
  • Campus
program ; A + & Network + , I already have a Computer Science degree, I wanted to go back to get these certifications to boost my career & it will only take 4 months out of my year to complete the courses. I will receive hands on training enabling me to learn how identify parts of pc/laptops , i will be able to know how remove all parts, identify all parts. As each section ends, Herzing University will provide vouchers for students to take certification tests. Online portion of the class , force you to read all material professor assigns in order to answer any of the questions he has chosen to increase our knowledge of computers.
night classes are offered ; the community college accreditations are now on University level
  • Campus
I took the initiative to fill out my own financial aid forms online, my time spent in financial process area was not long or complicated, the school rep explain that i did to pay 923.00 out of pocket for tuition . My overall money spent on education is worth it , once i started classes i didn't have to pay for anything equipment out of pocket & my 2 certification test will be included with my education tuition
  • Value
This will be first time trying online courses , I was worried it was going to an hassle & without a live person to show me or explain any of the course work to me, I would be lost. But actually the transition has been extremely easy & the workload only becomes too much when the student doesn't apply their time effectively. Registration process was hasty , i had already attended the school and graduated. the professor & students are open in class & online, communication is very excellent.
The staff makes the school great.
Everything that would transfer in did except my sciences.
Everyone seems to know why they are there.
Many offered but I see a lot of EM & Nursing students.
It's a great opportunity your clinical site is like your job interview.
Review Your College
Herzing may cost more than other schools but it's worth it.
  • May 8 2014
  • Value
The instructors are great & really want you to succeed.
  • May 8 2014
  • Campus
I take classes at the campus.