Hendrix College Reviews

Hendrix is a good overall experience. It's a pretty sheltered atmosphere overall with professors all from the same backgrounds
Hendrix is a politically liberal private liberal arts college in central Arkansas. I met some fun, creative, and intellectual people there. The classes were challenging and engaging and there were some interesting out-of-the-box courses. The school could improve in terms of integration/diversity. The Creative Writing program was good, but there were a couple small aspects of the thesis program which bothered me.
My experience at Hendrix so far is that it has been a lovely place to learn. In my first year at Hendrix I made more close friends than I did throughout all of high school, and entering the summer months it has been hard to let go of that constant support system. The faculty is for the most part kind and passionate. I have cried in the offices of multiple professors and was treated with nothing but empathy and understanding. The dorms are pretty dated, but when my friend and I wanted to room together mid-year the housing people immediately helped us do so. The small size also makes it a tough place for a rough break-up. I don't really have a solution to that one, but at least there's a disproportionally large gay population so people to choose from if you're like me :)
Start Your Review of Hendrix College
Hendrix College is an amazing university that offers a rigorous academic environment, while at the same time has lots of social events and outlets! There is something for every person at Hendrix!
Hendrix is a great school with outstanding resources and staff, all ready to help you achieve your dreams.
I wouldn't go anywhere else. Could use some more financial aid, but overall a solid choice for academics and overall environment.
The academics, teachers, and Odyssey department are wonderful. Everything else is either not good or terrible. Nothing is done right the first time and YOU have to fix the problem yourself. The housing department is unorganized and the main lady can be really rude/unhelpful. The housing isn't great and theres not enough of it (over half the Juniors get stuck in dorms and they're weird/strict about off-campus housing). The student life is fine: there's a good number of clubs and work/study opportunities, the cafeteria is alright (GREAT staff though), and the parties are fun. The campus did respond to two rape claims, and took serious action. BUT nothing that needs improving is paid attention to, the students over-all opinion of the school is really negative, the campus suck and no one respects them, and the hashtag #BeHendrix has been turned into a way to highlight the bad qualities of the school.
Hendrix college is a fun and safe environment to lots of different students. The small town feel but with a lot of people is an awesome feeling, when going to Walmart you will definitely see someone you know. Thats one of the things I love about Conway.
Great place to be an individual. Academics are exceptional and atmosphere is awesome. Lots of community support.
Hendrix is a place where the work/social life balance seems intertwined with the collage itself. The dorms are all old and are set to be renovated. Good is amazing. Staff are all wonderful.
Hendrix College has incredible academics, passionate professors, excellent extracurricular opportunities, a strong alumni network, and a friendly, yet competitive, atmosphere. There is a clear "Work Hard, Play Hard" mentality among the students here. Professors take personal interests in their students, and the rigorous course loads pay off in spades. Hendrix College can be way too stressful at times, but at the end of the day, there are plenty of resources to help those in need of stress relief. The student housing for underclassmen, however, is abysmal. The dorms are not in the best shape, but there are plans to renovate in the next 5 years. The student Quad is better, yet the walls are so thin you can hear the student above you sneezing. The apartments are better, but they are sometimes a crap-shoot. Overal, the summer opportunities, Odyssey Program, academics, decent level of financial help, and extremely liberal atmosphere makes the high price tag worth it.
Small class sizes though not particularly challenging. I would like to see a better variety of course options. Student body is not diverse and professors even less so. About all there is to do off campus is see a movie.
I love the diversity and the ability to be myself and feel comfortable around the other students. I love the academic challenge that Hendrix professors present to all their students.
My classes and professors have been fine but not enough to make up for the issues around campus. Lack of lighting around the paths and landscaping make the winter time darkness pretty scary. Everyone knows where the drug dealers loiter around the perimeters. Administration ignores complaints. The location is pretty remote as well with poor public transportation.
I love the environment. Not only does Hendrix have a beautiful campus, but it also has great people. It's such a small school that you get a chance to meet most of the people that go here at some point, and they're all so friendly. You can be walking from one class to a next and can run into five different people to talk to. The teachers are also great and very encouraging. They try to adapt to your teaching style, and they truly care about each student's grade.
I liked the fact that Hendrix have a small class size, and as result, talking to professors directly much easier.
It's a small school in a small Southern town so if you're looking for a bustling nightlife and and 20-story dorms, this school isn't for you. If you want to go to a school with great professors, a welcoming and tight-knit sense of community, and countless experiences to grow as a person, Hendrix is the place for you. I graduated in 2012, and without question the four years I spent there were the best of my life. So many friends, experiences, lessons, and memories that have profoundly impacted me and will stay with me forever.
Start Your Review of Hendrix College
I love that Hendrix is small but gives you the full blown college experience as bigger colleges and universities. Hendrix offers a great education and one thing for sure, whom ever attends will leave this institution with a new perspective of everything they encounter. I have learned this and I have not even graduated yet. It is just my sophomore year but I know when it comes to education, Hendrix will prepare you for what ever field you want to go into.
Hendrix is an amazing liberal arts college, and I value every second I spend on campus. The faculty and staff are amazing and so helpful. The only thing I don't absolutely love about Hendrix is the price tag.
I love Hendrix. I am a current freshman here and I have loved every moment. Orientation week makes you feel so welcome in a new environment, there's so much to do on and off campus! You will meet people of all walks of life so you don't have to worry about fitting in because you will surely find your place here. The academics are wonderful. I have not met a teacher that does not love their field of study and what they do. If you ever need help, office hours are held almost daily and most teachers will even give you their phone number in case you need to call them to ask a question. T The cafeteria staff is amazing and ultra-kind. They make an effort to learn your name and ask you about your day. Birthdays are a huge deal at Hendrix. We have a birthday song, the lunch staff comes out with a cake, and your friends throw you into the fountain (no matter the weather). Life at Hendrix is never dull and there's a place for everyone.