Hendrix College Reviews

Hendrix is a good place if you are interested in playing collegiate sports. I would live to see higher diversity. There's a lot of white, upper class students. The faculty is not diverse either.
Classes are good with an intimate feel. However Hendrix is smaller than most high schools. It's harder to avoid students and professors that you don't care for. Conway is a very small town as well. It's hard to be anonymous when you feel like it.
Hendrix college is a fun and safe environment to lots of different students. The small town feel but with a lot of people is an awesome feeling, when going to Walmart you will definitely see someone you know. Thats one of the things I love about Conway.
Start Your Review of Hendrix College
Great place to be an individual. Academics are exceptional and atmosphere is awesome. Lots of community support.
I've enjoyed my classes thus far. Most professors are engaging. Small class sizes and student body. Ok campus in a questionable setting.
I wish the admittance process was more selective. Your general ed classes will be easy, yet there are some professors that just don't believe in giving A grades. I think there is always an argument for acknowledging excellence without the appearance of mediocrity.
Got to do a tour here. It was pretty good. The ambassadors were very welcoming. Not sure I could live in Conway though.
Hendrix is a place where the work/social life balance seems intertwined with the collage itself. The dorms are all old and are set to be renovated. Good is amazing. Staff are all wonderful.
Hendrix College has incredible academics, passionate professors, excellent extracurricular opportunities, a strong alumni network, and a friendly, yet competitive, atmosphere. There is a clear "Work Hard, Play Hard" mentality among the students here. Professors take personal interests in their students, and the rigorous course loads pay off in spades. Hendrix College can be way too stressful at times, but at the end of the day, there are plenty of resources to help those in need of stress relief. The student housing for underclassmen, however, is abysmal. The dorms are not in the best shape, but there are plans to renovate in the next 5 years. The student Quad is better, yet the walls are so thin you can hear the student above you sneezing. The apartments are better, but they are sometimes a crap-shoot. Overal, the summer opportunities, Odyssey Program, academics, decent level of financial help, and extremely liberal atmosphere makes the high price tag worth it.
Small class sizes though not particularly challenging. I would like to see a better variety of course options. Student body is not diverse and professors even less so. About all there is to do off campus is see a movie.
I love the diversity and the ability to be myself and feel comfortable around the other students. I love the academic challenge that Hendrix professors present to all their students.
Hendrix College is pretty nice. The small campus is easy to navigate. The class sizes are very nice for learning and knowing your professors, though not particularly challenged no. There isn't a lot of variety.
My classes and professors have been fine but not enough to make up for the issues around campus. Lack of lighting around the paths and landscaping make the winter time darkness pretty scary. Everyone knows where the drug dealers loiter around the perimeters. Administration ignores complaints. The location is pretty remote as well with poor public transportation.
I love the environment. Not only does Hendrix have a beautiful campus, but it also has great people. It's such a small school that you get a chance to meet most of the people that go here at some point, and they're all so friendly. You can be walking from one class to a next and can run into five different people to talk to. The teachers are also great and very encouraging. They try to adapt to your teaching style, and they truly care about each student's grade.
I liked the fact that Hendrix have a small class size, and as result, talking to professors directly much easier.
It's a small school in a small Southern town so if you're looking for a bustling nightlife and and 20-story dorms, this school isn't for you. If you want to go to a school with great professors, a welcoming and tight-knit sense of community, and countless experiences to grow as a person, Hendrix is the place for you. I graduated in 2012, and without question the four years I spent there were the best of my life. So many friends, experiences, lessons, and memories that have profoundly impacted me and will stay with me forever.
I love that Hendrix is small but gives you the full blown college experience as bigger colleges and universities. Hendrix offers a great education and one thing for sure, whom ever attends will leave this institution with a new perspective of everything they encounter. I have learned this and I have not even graduated yet. It is just my sophomore year but I know when it comes to education, Hendrix will prepare you for what ever field you want to go into.
Start Your Review of Hendrix College
Hendrix is an amazing liberal arts college, and I value every second I spend on campus. The faculty and staff are amazing and so helpful. The only thing I don't absolutely love about Hendrix is the price tag.
I love Hendrix. I am a current freshman here and I have loved every moment. Orientation week makes you feel so welcome in a new environment, there's so much to do on and off campus! You will meet people of all walks of life so you don't have to worry about fitting in because you will surely find your place here. The academics are wonderful. I have not met a teacher that does not love their field of study and what they do. If you ever need help, office hours are held almost daily and most teachers will even give you their phone number in case you need to call them to ask a question. T The cafeteria staff is amazing and ultra-kind. They make an effort to learn your name and ask you about your day. Birthdays are a huge deal at Hendrix. We have a birthday song, the lunch staff comes out with a cake, and your friends throw you into the fountain (no matter the weather). Life at Hendrix is never dull and there's a place for everyone.
Loved it have fond memories. This college helped me prepare for my future. I had wonderful professors and great experiences. I always felt safe and part of a caring community.