Henderson Community College Reviews

Henderson Community College has a tremendous nursing program, with staff that want to see their students succeed. The college works hard to prepare their students to be ready for whatever their career brings to them.
Henderson Community College is a smaller campus which makes it easy for first time students to navigate. It is also a very comfortable atmosphere for those who are going back to college after being away for any length of time. There are some advisors who could be more helpful in picking classes that are needed for certain degrees.
The teachers are amazing,and offer tons of help. it is close to home and cheaper than other schools. they work with schooling hours, tutoring hours,and many more. it is extremely nice and clean.
Start Your Review of Henderson Community College
Henderson Community College is a great campus for fresh out of high school students and single mothers. I love it!
Although only a small community college, Henderson Community College (HCC) has a lot to offer, but you, as the student, have to be willing to put forth the effort in order to make your time here worthwhile. On-campus resources to aid in your academics, such as a committed tutoring center or a dedicated student lounge, are lacking in many aspects, and because of this, students bear more individual responsibility. Professors at HCC are very supportive and are willing to individually meet with students if necessary for a more personal learning session. As this is a community college, athletics, party life, dorms, and even campus food do not exist. The campus has fairly nice scenery but is nothing to write home about. The student body is actually quite diverse; however, on the flip side, the student body is also very inactive and student organizations are struggling to survive. Off-duty police officers monitor the campus throughout most of the day and ensure safety at HCC.
The school advisors have been extremely helpful in getting my situated to start in January and very understanding. The campus is a good size with everything quite close together and they're very flexible with working around my work schedule. I am really looking forward to spending a lot of time on campus.
Many of the teachers care for the students, and make sure that they are making their way in the college life to the best of their abilities.
HCC has a knowledgeable faculty who care about their students. They are easy to approach and eager to help students. All my classes prepared me well for transfer to my 4-yr school.
This college is amazing. I like most of the professors! They are so willingly to work with you. The only problem I have had. Is when there is a older teacher. A retired person. Or what knot. And there computer skills, communication, or just how they teach isn't great. But besides that I love this college. I'm so happy about my decision to attend here.
I started out my college experience very unsure of what direction I wanted my life to go. I decided to go to school close to home instead of away and it was the best choice I could have made for myself. My tuition is way more affordable especially considering my minimum wage job. Having chosen my major I feel as if I'm on the path to personal success.
I haven't had any issues with my financial aid the duration of my enrollment. I have received enough to pay for all my classes, books, as well as some leisure items.
Henderson is a very artsy town, and it is obvious as you walk around campus. During Spring and Fall semesters, film festivals are common and art contests seem to be popular. If you're going into the nursing program, HCC is a great facility. If you aren't, it's rather mediocre.
The courses offered are the usual general education classes, with a handful of tech classes and loads of nursing opportunities. Many of the professors are quite friendly and willing to make sure you succeed, so long as you put forth some form of effort. Class sizes vary depending on the course and the time of day, though they are relatively small compared to universities. The largest class I enrolled in had around 30 students.
HCC mainly focuses on the nursing program, which means other areas of study don't receive as much attention. As a student pursuing psychology, there are only two courses available on campus which were covered by a high school AP class.
I think my school is culturally as well as economically diverse. I see everyone from stay-at-home moms, fresh high school graduates, to recently laid off employees; or even people just refreshing their credentials or career. Also there seem to be many cultural group associations on the campus, there are groups of people from different cultures, communities and even relationships. At some points in between classes or walking around campus I get the opportunity to see the groups gather and intertwine all while further bettering their education.
Depending on your situation, the school does most of the paperwork for you. The classes are small and the teachers work close to you to make sure you understand the work.
I just filled out my fasfa, got independent status, and they delivered my refund money the next month after the semester begins. They are partnered with a bank called Higher One which if you don't have your own bank account, they can make one for you and you can use that bank forever for free(If you remain a college student). Tuition is cheap too. Somewhere around 2k.
Start Your Review of Henderson Community College
The software doesn't always work properly, and there isn't really any help if you get stuck, you just have to figure it out yourself or skip it. The classes online are more structured, and all deadlines are very strict so you have to start on the assignments as soon as possible because they take a lot of time. Some exams cover material that isn't always in the textbook. It's all very self motivated work, you have to make yourself do the work because no one will remind you to do it or pressure you to do the work, it's up to you.
The industrial degree at the college is a lot of independent study. I have to spend several hours working on things that really stump me. I get frustrated sometimes because it's a lot of math and online programs to go with it. Sometimes it isn't explained as much as it should be. The teachers are cooperative and helpful if you feel stuck though. The students also help each other out as much as we can, too.
I had to keep completing the FASFA online because it wasn't going through to their office, there were almost always long lines for the student aid. I had to visit the financial aid office frequently, and I always end up getting sent different amounts for the tuition. It is just an awful experience and such a hassle to get accepted for your financial aid, then after you get approved for it, if you're not going full-time you only get a small portion of what you were supposed to get and I always end up having to pay out of pocket for it and if I had the full amount it would pay for my books and tuition.