Hawaii Pacific University Reviews

Here at Hawaii Pacific University you feel the one on one attention and learning experience you have with your professors and classmates. The campus is becoming more college friendly and becoming a bigger university.
Hawai’i pacific university is conveniently located in downtown honololo. Also another campus is surrounded by the beautiful Hawaiian nature. It is a great school to study. The teachers and staffs advice us nicely.
It's a good experience but it was hard to understand because even with tutor I still had a hard time and it's alright.
Start Your Review of Hawaii Pacific University
As freshmen, my first-semester experience has been beyond my expectations. the professors are approachable and are always willing to help. I have made and met friends from all over the world who decided to attend Hawaii Pacific Univeristy that is so far from home.
Very nice people! But since its a private school, it is quite expensive. I do enjoy and admire how modernized things are. I am just wondering if they offer ROTC.
The school is often disorganized, which can be really annoying, since you may have to run and get all your papers together, however the teachers are nice most of the time.
I love the campuses and the professors. They are very educated and understanding, and because of the small class sizes (all less than 40) they try to learn your name. I wish some things were a little easier to understand like the financial aid and wish the meal plan wasn't so expensive, but overall this college is awesome.
I've only just started at HPU but so far, I am very satisfied with my experience. As a graduate student, the class size is small which provides more opportunities to engage in class lecture and speak with the professor. The professors are well-educated and knowledgeable about the course material. The classrooms are small but equipped with everything you need. The campus is safe with security guards standing by. You must pay for parking, but there is meter parking near by that works well for graduate students with class in the evenings. But as an undergrad, parking could be an issue. The area is also infested with older, homeless people that can sometimes get awkward, but I've never felt unsafe.
The school is very goal oriented, so they focus a lot in helping each student success in their future endeavors by providing programs such as the CAS (Center of Academic Success) tutoring.
I honestly love HPU because of the cultural diversity that the school offers. The class sizes are small, making the classroom environment more personable and enjoyable to be in. The professors are also really hard workers, and they put effort in helping their students be successful.

It's an amazing school and I would recommend it to anyone.
Everything is so pretty here. It is easy to go from campus to campus on the HPU shuttle. very welcoming environment and very diverse. I feel safe in the campus(Loa campus). dorms are very spacious and good is great.
Hawaii Pacific University is a great school with versions campouses all over the island. They have been very military friendly which has been very helpful for me personally. The professors are very knowledgeable and have always been helpful in my experience. This school much like the island is very culturally diverse.
the classes and people were great, but the on-campus living was mediocre at best. the food was not great and the dorms were overall pretty expensive
The school is beautiful and I enjoyed the atmosphere. Everyone is so kind and if you are looking for a different college experience, this is the best place to go. It is very intercultural and you learn to see things in different perspectives! It is a great university.
My overall experience at Hawaii Pacific University was really good. The class sizes are small and its a great environment to get close to the professors. I had to opportunity to bond with most of my professors and they set me up for success in Graduate School. It is in the heart of the city, which means there are homeless people around the campus but security does a great job taking care of the students. It was expensive to live in the city. Parking was horrible, you have to pay for public parking if you drive. Living in Hawaii was worth any trouble I had with the school. The environment was amazing and it is on of the most diverse schools. The school respects Hawaiian tradition and culture and encourages students to be involved.
I am in the military, and Hawaii Pacific University is a military-friendly school. They accepted all my military training as college credits, which is awesome. That means I can take only the required classes to get a degree. I'm very close to get my Associate's degree because all my military training covered about half of my credits. Since I'm in Hawaii, the tuition is kind of high. That's my only problem with school.
The small class sizes at Hawaii Pacific University makes it easier to connect with professors as well as peers, creating a personalized, as well as collaborative learning environment for students. There are many great restaurants nearby as the university is located in the heart of downtown Honolulu. HPU is also has one of the most diverse student bodies in the nation. However, the cost of living in Hawaii is higher than average. Also, HPU is more of a commuter college, unless you live in the Hawaii Loa dorms (which is scheduled to close down in the future) or at the Aloha Tower Marketplace. It is great for introverts, people who commute often from school to work, or live close by. Otherwise, there is very limited dorming opportunity as this is a smaller school. Although, HPU is known for being the school with the highest return on inverstment in the State of Hawaii. That, and the fact that you'd be living in HAWAII is a plus.
Start Your Review of Hawaii Pacific University
I overall enjoyed my time as part of the Military Campus Program, however during my last year as a senior I felt the quality and knowledge level of the academic advisors for the MCP program was not up to par. I had to complete 3 extra classes after graduating and filling my PTG due to the academic advisors double crediting for 3 classes, even though every term I sat down with an academic advisor to develop my degree plan due to the fact I was enrolled in a legacy degree program, BA of Justice Administration, and could not register for classes online.
Hawaii Pacific University offers a military campus program for all military members and their families. It allows them to take 8 week classes on base at a discounted rate. This was a great opportunity for me to get through my general education requirements before starting my bachelors degree. My professors and classes have all been fine, but I would not recommend this college to other students if they have other options. There is a lot of disorganization and confusion between staff members at Hawaii Pacific University which causes a lot of unnecessary stress and wasted time for students. For how much students pay for tuition I expected better.
Hawaii Pacific University is a great place for students who are adventure and love the island living. The university is very diverse and the teachers and staff are truly amazing. They are passionate and extremely knowledgeable in their fields.