Hawaii Pacific University Reviews

I honestly love HPU because of the cultural diversity that the school offers. The class sizes are small, making the classroom environment more personable and enjoyable to be in. The professors are also really hard workers, and they put effort in helping their students be successful.

It's an amazing school and I would recommend it to anyone.
Everything is so pretty here. It is easy to go from campus to campus on the HPU shuttle. very welcoming environment and very diverse. I feel safe in the campus(Loa campus). dorms are very spacious and good is great.
Hawaii Pacific University is a great school with versions campouses all over the island. They have been very military friendly which has been very helpful for me personally. The professors are very knowledgeable and have always been helpful in my experience. This school much like the island is very culturally diverse.
Review Hawaii Pacific University
the classes and people were great, but the on-campus living was mediocre at best. the food was not great and the dorms were overall pretty expensive
The school is beautiful and I enjoyed the atmosphere. Everyone is so kind and if you are looking for a different college experience, this is the best place to go. It is very intercultural and you learn to see things in different perspectives! It is a great university.
My overall experience at Hawaii Pacific University was really good. The class sizes are small and its a great environment to get close to the professors. I had to opportunity to bond with most of my professors and they set me up for success in Graduate School. It is in the heart of the city, which means there are homeless people around the campus but security does a great job taking care of the students. It was expensive to live in the city. Parking was horrible, you have to pay for public parking if you drive. Living in Hawaii was worth any trouble I had with the school. The environment was amazing and it is on of the most diverse schools. The school respects Hawaiian tradition and culture and encourages students to be involved.
I am in the military, and Hawaii Pacific University is a military-friendly school. They accepted all my military training as college credits, which is awesome. That means I can take only the required classes to get a degree. I'm very close to get my Associate's degree because all my military training covered about half of my credits. Since I'm in Hawaii, the tuition is kind of high. That's my only problem with school.
The small class sizes at Hawaii Pacific University makes it easier to connect with professors as well as peers, creating a personalized, as well as collaborative learning environment for students. There are many great restaurants nearby as the university is located in the heart of downtown Honolulu. HPU is also has one of the most diverse student bodies in the nation. However, the cost of living in Hawaii is higher than average. Also, HPU is more of a commuter college, unless you live in the Hawaii Loa dorms (which is scheduled to close down in the future) or at the Aloha Tower Marketplace. It is great for introverts, people who commute often from school to work, or live close by. Otherwise, there is very limited dorming opportunity as this is a smaller school. Although, HPU is known for being the school with the highest return on inverstment in the State of Hawaii. That, and the fact that you'd be living in HAWAII is a plus.
I overall enjoyed my time as part of the Military Campus Program, however during my last year as a senior I felt the quality and knowledge level of the academic advisors for the MCP program was not up to par. I had to complete 3 extra classes after graduating and filling my PTG due to the academic advisors double crediting for 3 classes, even though every term I sat down with an academic advisor to develop my degree plan due to the fact I was enrolled in a legacy degree program, BA of Justice Administration, and could not register for classes online.
Hawaii Pacific University offers a military campus program for all military members and their families. It allows them to take 8 week classes on base at a discounted rate. This was a great opportunity for me to get through my general education requirements before starting my bachelors degree. My professors and classes have all been fine, but I would not recommend this college to other students if they have other options. There is a lot of disorganization and confusion between staff members at Hawaii Pacific University which causes a lot of unnecessary stress and wasted time for students. For how much students pay for tuition I expected better.
Hawaii Pacific University is a great place for students who are adventure and love the island living. The university is very diverse and the teachers and staff are truly amazing. They are passionate and extremely knowledgeable in their fields.
Living in Hawaii is a dream, but going to school here is something no one could ever think of happening. Although it is beautiful, HPU doesn't offer much of a University campus, neither does it offer parking for students in the downtown location. The waterfront lofts are amazing and a great first-year dorming experience but there is currently no meal plan for students so we are expected to buy our own groceries throughout the school year. As prices are high due to tourism in Hawaii, there is a growing homeless population here on Oahu and in downtown Honolulu, where HPU's campus is located. The local area is mostly a business district but once you drive out a few mins you see the real beauty of Hawaii, it is turquoise waters and ever friendly locals. My favorite part of attending HPU, beside living in Hawaii, would have to be the diversity on our campus. You meet people who become life long friends from countries you would never have imagined.
The close-knit English department is probably my favorite part about this college. The professors and faculty (especially the 5th floor librarians) are extremely helpful and genuinely interested in your well-being, interests, and success. The curriculum is challenging and thought-provoking--something I think current and future generations will depend on to help ask and answer questions about the coming cultural shifts. One suggestion for improvement would be on the process of advising. I personally did not know I had a recent change in advisers and would like to have been kept up-to-date on that.
Walking among the palm trees to class as well as having classmates from around the world was awesome!
I have been going to HPU for the last 3.5 years and I love it!!! The class sizes are smaller and more intimate so I got the attention I needed from the teacher and made some amazing friends.
I wanted to stay on the island for college, so I decided to go to HPU. The class size for my lectures were good and I was able to have that one on one connection with my professors whenever I needed help. However, I wish there are more security guards around. It makes me feel not so safe around, especially when my classes are in town. I also like how there are 3 campuses now. It's just so beautiful.
It has always been my dream to go to Hawaii Pacific University and it came true. I came in as a transfer students and have been in Hawaii for over a year and a half. The school in wonderful and you are able to meet a diversity of students. The experience has been wonderful so far and I would recommend going to Hawaii Pacific University.
Review Hawaii Pacific University
HPU is a 4 year university that is not only in a beautiful location, but has many other amazing attributes. The professors genuinely care for their students and care about what they are actually teaching. The school has also has a great student life system that is great at getting all students to be involved. Other aspect that is admirable is how diverse the school is. There are students that hail from all over the world.
The university is in a great location, has many shops and restaurants in the vicinity. However, I do feel a disconnect with the campus so spread apart with different campuses, buildinds and locations.
I absolutely love Hawaii Pacific University and if I could restart my college experience, I would not have chosen a different school. I have been a student and a part time employee at the university for 4 years now and I can see the growth and the progression this school has made. We acquired more facilities, my public health program has undergone so many changes - all to improve the student experience and course rigor. I'm very proud of my school and it's preparations for the real world that it has provided me. I truly believe my college experience has aimed to GROW me as an individual.