Hawaii Pacific University is ...
NCAA Division II (without football)
Pacific West Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.58 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.67 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.67 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management233 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities59 Graduates
Computer Science41 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration32 Graduates
Marine Biology and Oceanography29 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.51 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.73 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.39 responses
Hawaii Pacific University Reviews
I've only just started at HPU but so far, I am very satisfied with my experience. As a graduate student, the class size is small which provides more opportunities to engage in class lecture and speak with the professor. The professors are well-educated and knowledgeable about the course material. The classrooms are small but equipped with everything you need. The campus is safe with security guards standing by. You must pay for parking, but there is meter parking near by that works well for graduate students with class in the evenings. But as an undergrad, parking could be an issue. The area is also infested with older, homeless people that can sometimes get awkward, but I've never felt unsafe.
HPU is a great school if you are seeking diversity in the student body. There are people from all over the world attending here and even more on short-term study abroad trips. The food around campus is amazing and also very diverse. The professors are very caring and helpful, and since the class sizes are small they can really get to know you one-on-one. There is a lot to do outside if you are willing to get a little sweaty. Hiking, swimming, waterfalls and a lot more.
The school is beautiful and I enjoyed the atmosphere. Everyone is so kind and if you are looking for a different college experience, this is the best place to go. It is very intercultural and you learn to see things in different perspectives! It is a great university.