- Academicsgrade A+
- Valuegrade A+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Campusgrade B+
- Athleticsgrade B
- Party Scenegrade B+
- Professorsgrade A+
- Locationgrade A minus
- Dormsgrade B
- Campus Foodgrade B minus
- Student Lifegrade A
- Safetygrade B minus
Haverford College offers one of the finest undergraduate educations in the world.
Our 1,373 students enjoy the many benefits of living and learning in a diverse community made up of students from nearly every state and more than 40 foreign countries, where 45% identify as people of color, and more than 25% speak a language other than English at home. Haverford provides a rigorous and intensely personal liberal arts education inspired by intellectual depth, collaboration, and commitment to ethical leadership. There is no place where students are more trusted, have more opportunity to shape their own path, or have a more profound impact on the overall community experience.
Haverford is located 8 miles from Philadelphia, which provides a wealth of historical, cultural, and social resources including world-class museums, renowned restaurants, sports teams, and venues for the arts. The urban environment is rich with educational, service, volunteer, career, and internship opportunities.
Haverford College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 13 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 19 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 19 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Political Science and Government40 Graduates
- Economics35 Graduates
- Biology29 Graduates
- Chemistry29 Graduates
- Psychology24 Graduates
- Information Science23 Graduates
- English22 Graduates
- Mathematics20 Graduates
- History15 Graduates
- Physics13 Graduates
- Friendly, inclusive, and smart58%
- Intelligent, kind and apathetic17%
- Work hard play harder17%
- Nerdy or Athlete8%
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 12 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 25 responses
- Good Weird9%
- Home away from home9%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 9 responses
Haverford College Reviews
Classes--some online--were challenging and (mostly) thought-provoking. The quality of professors varied but none were intolerable. I expect that is the case with introductory courses. Yet HC's small size means few students and plenty of opportunity for engagement.
Dorm conditions vary but even the worst (Gummere) has only a few inconveniences that many residents claim to have become endeared to.
Food isn't all that bad, despite what other reviews may say. Of course, it won't be your parent's cooking, but there is plenty of variety to keep your palate satisfied, even if the quality may lack.
Student life has been quieter since people can't really meet in groups, but I've still found opportunities to get to know other students, and have been impressed by the candor and intelligence of people I meet. Plenty of clubs and ways to get involved.