Harrisburg Area Community College - York Reviews

Going to HACC - York right out of high school is giving me the time I need to finish my general education requirements while I figure out what I want to do. Great experience so far.
HACC York Campus is a great to start your career. If you live local to the area the commute is great. Professors are very good at giving you feedback and helping you improve your grades.
I love how affordable HACC is. I had some amazing professors and some not so amazing professors. Diverse community and friendly staff. Nice college for first time students. Perfect school to attend if you are planning to transfer. A very modern school, they did a lot of improvements while I was there. I like the options of virtual classes as well. Overall, good experience.
Start Your Review of Harrisburg Area Community College - York
I love the professors and everyone here is super nice! You just have to carefully choose your classes and find out more about who teaches them beforehand!
I enjoy the events that HACC do here at that campus because their mainly about supporting a cause. For example I went to a lunch conference about prevention of sexual violence.
Harrisburg Area Community College has given me the opportunity to learn valuable things that will help me be successful in the future. I love that most of the professors are friendly, understanding and care about their students. They have different associations students can join to help HACC be a community and provide students what they need. They have activities, dances, free food, Financial Aid workshops, etc., that can help students feel at home and get assisted if they ever need help.
One thing I would change about Harrisburg Area Community College is the way the parking lot is set up. Although there is enough space in the main building for students to park, other buildings do not have spacious parking lots and it is sometimes hard to find a parking spot. Overall, HACC is a great community college!
I am currently attending on-line courses part-time at Harrisburg Area Community College. Most of my application and registration process has occurred on-line. That process was a little stressful, as you do not have someone in front of you helping. I have attended the new student orientation and had taken the placement tests on campus. The campus is in good shape, and they were in the process of remodeling. Everyone that I had met on campus was very helpful. There appears to be a good amount of students working there. Some were helpful and others needed to track down the answers from the full-time staff. If you need books, visit the actual bookstore instead of the bookstore's on-line store. It will save you some headache. While I cannot comment on all of the faculty, the instructors that I have had are very helpful. I would recommend HACC.
The administration and staff do an excellent job of making people from all walks of life feel welcome. It is a diverse college and has a diverse staff as well. They explain the application and financial aid process very well. They are always looking for ways to update the buildings and add fun activities for the students as well.
Hacc have alot of centers where you can get help whenever you need help on writing a paper you could go to the writing lab and get help there, if you want a professor to revise your paper before handed it in you can get help with that as well.
very cool with its diverse atmosphere.
I think they try to cram as many students as possible into a classroom. This limits the interaction that a student can have with the professor which is potentially problematic if a student is struggling with a particular topic that is being discussed in the course. Also, I feel like the school needs to hire more professors in certain fields because the college lacks many offerings for a particular course which is also a problem when many students want to take a particular course and there are not enough seats.
I don't really think my school has much of an alumni network and if it does, it's not advertised well enough. In just my first semester there, they had 2 job fairs so I think job and internship prospects are very good. I also believe that the value of a degree from this school is just as good as a degree from any other college or university.
The people are so nice and they're willing to help each other out in classes. My friends in my history class helped me out so much and I don't think I will ever be able to repay them .
Since this school is only a community college, it does not offer many campus activities however centers like the library and the writing center really do help you out when you need it. In the writing center, if you are struggling with start a paper or you just simply want someone else to proofread it before you submit it to your professor, they will do that for you and I really appreciate it. I know I'm not the only one but without the writing center, my grades probably would have been a lot lower than they were.
The advisers here are extremely helpful when helping you decide whether you want to complete your degree there or transfer to another college or university.
I would give the school 5 stars for this however I had one professor who would not work around her office hours whatsoever and was not open for questions during classes. Only during her office hours. However, all of my other teachers were extremely flexible with meeting outside of class when I was unable to come to their office hours.
I personally do not feel that I'm getting my money's worth when it comes to the tuition. I think that the school needs to either train the professors that they do have on how to teach better or just to simply hire new professors that can actually help and educate their students better.
Start Your Review of Harrisburg Area Community College - York
I think some professors are better at teaching than others and sadly I feel like this school has more bad than good. Certain professors give out such a heavy workload that you basically don't have time to work on any other class work and then there's other professors who just lecture the whole time and never assign homework so it doesn't really feel like you're learning anything. Don't get me wrong, these types of professors do have their perks such as no homework means more time to study for exams and more homework means that you'll understand the material more when it comes to a test or quiz.
I have yet to start any of my major classes yet but I've heard excellent things about the program from my peers.
Our student body is very diverse. w have ages ranging from18-50 in our school so that means we get to meet different people from various walks of life.