Harrisburg Area Community College - Harrisburg Reviews

I haven't had much experience with main campus as I am an automotive student. However, what I have experienced is exceptional. Very diverse and offering a variety of majors for anybody who wants to receive a good education.
Harrisburg Area Community College is a very diverse and inclusive campus. It welcomes anyone from any walk of life, and each person has a say in the classroom. Discussions are so meaningful because of the variety of experiences represented. However, the depth of academics is weak. Their program is for an average learner with a break from school or weak high school performance. The material is not challenging, and there is little room to grow academically if you are academically gifted.
Awesome school with many options for the children to choose from! Very great and safe school for children to attend. The teachers are all awesome!
Start Your Review of Harrisburg Area Community College - Harrisburg
HACC was a success!! When I took my prerequisites the classes were small which made it easier to get one on one help. The classes were interesting. The full time schedules were great especially if your working. The dental hygiene program was an excellent program. It was very hard work but well worth it! I felt like I graduated knowing everything about dentistry not just dental hygiene. I felt very prepared for the board examinations as well as prepared for the “real world”. One day I would like to teach at HACC in the dental hygiene program!
I loved my experience at HACC. I was a part of the Music Industry program, and I made lots of friends and valuable contacts during my time there.
Good place to start your college journey. I completed about half of my degree online, and the rest split between two of the campuses. The biggest downside is classes only being offered at specific campuses, with those campuses each being about an hour away from each other.
I really liked the professors there. The Harrisburg campus is beautiful and a nice place to be, lots of space. They have different clubs that you can be a part of and different fun activity days. There was always something to do on campus. I think out of everything at HACC, my favorite was the professors. They really care about their students. They really want them to succeed and so they really do their very best to help them.
Harrisburg community college is a great college which provides a lot of opportunities for students to grow and be successful in life. The professors are willing to take the time to help you pass and are realizable with homework and class work. Harrisburg provides more of a one to one in classrooms which helps students understand more of the material.
Harrisburg Area Community college has been extremely convenient for me as an adult student returning to school. They offer a ton of classes and have six different campuses including a virtual campus to choose from. Many times I mixed campuses depending on what classes I wanted to take during a semester.
For such a tiny college you get an amazing education out of it. It's very cheap and was so easy to pay off tuition each semester. All the classes I took I learned a lesson from each and every one that I carry with me to this day. The teachers are incredible and the student base is so unique. You'll fit in with anyone right away!
It is a great stepping stone for someone who knows they want to achieve a college degree or is not sure which direction to go. It is also great for those intimidated by the "college life" and a great way to ease your way into the world of academia.
HACC is an average community college. You don't expect too much from a community college. They always get bad reps but HACC isn't too bad. Its affordable. It is very difficult to find schedules that work good if you work full time or have children. But its a good place to start. The campus is pretty average, not a lot of options for food, a small snack bar and a subway at the York campus is about it. Parking is atrocious so expect to walk from class to class and park far away. Also the financial aid office is a joke, no one is on the same page and you here a different story from each department with different issues.
It is very accessible for students. The nursing program is excellent - once you graduate, you are almost guaranteed acceptance from local hospitals.
I have been a student at HACC for many years. I completed all of my gen-eds here and graduated from the LPN program. I am now in the RN program. The nursing program is very competitive to get into but a great program. The one very nice thing about HACC is the affordability. I have paid for school out of my own pocket for the past year. The professors are nice and will help you as needed. You have to put forth effort in order to get the grades you want though.
The professors were great and the students were all very welcoming. The campuses were clean and well kept.
All the classes that I have taken were online and the experience has been very good. The online programs are easy to use and the professors are very good at delivering the courses online.
Top level professors across the board here. Staff that could be working at ivy league schools have opted to work here to offer a higher caliber of education at the community level. You can't beat the dollar value at HACC. Plus the campus is lovely and relaxing with lots of nooks and crannies to curl up in between finals. On the downside, this is a non-dorm community college, so there's not much in the way of a student social world outside of the SBA.
Start Your Review of Harrisburg Area Community College - Harrisburg
I like that HACC is a community school that is local. They allow you to get hands on experience in your field. Which allows for you students to be better prepared for their futures in that field.
The staff is nice, and marvelous helpers. Very nice campus as well! Not only do you have choices for majors, but you have both students and staff who help.
My experience at the school has been great. A good variety of courses, well laid out programs, and very easy to find help if you need it. Every class and professor is different, however I've had a pretty good experience with those I've had thus far.