Harrisburg Area Community College - Harrisburg Reviews

I liked all the useful resources around you on campus. There was a free tutoring center and you could also meet with your professors one-on-one. If I could change one thing, it would be for the college to have a more college campus feel since it is a college where you commute to and not live at.
The teachers, although not as experienced as professors at other universities, are extremely passionate. They teach at HACC because they love teaching, not because of the paycheck. There are many resources available, the staff is very friendly and helpful. However, I would like to see more community involvement opportunities for the students. The college is for the community, so we should be able to give back.
Pretty good school, 8 really like it. Professors are good. There is a subway on campus, in the main building.
Start Your Review of Harrisburg Area Community College - Harrisburg
I love the way the school is set up and that there are so many resources there to help you succeed in school as well as in the future career wise. The one thing I would change is probably the tuition.
I love the college's library and teachers. The faculty is really nice and always try to help you in some way. I would like to see a parking lot for the Lebanon campus and additional courses can be added or available in the Lebanon campus.
I've had a great experience with HACC! I took all online courses, and I'm only a semester away from receiving my Associates in Accounting. The diversity in the school is amazing, as not only students of different ethnicities attend HACC, but also students of different ages, professions, and work and education backgrounds. HACC is helping me receive my Associates, it helped me receive admission into Millersville University, and it has helped me grow not only as a student but also as a person. Not only educational knowledge is gained, but also soft skills that you can use in the workplace and everyday life. Go HACC!
Attending Harrisburg Area Community College is one of the best decisions I ever made. Everyone there is genuinely nice, and I have made great friends while attending there. It was important for me to save money where I could and starting here was the right choice for that. I enjoyed being surrounded by fellow students who were paying for their own education as well which made them appreciate their schooling a little more.
I attended both the Lancaster Campus and the Harrisburg Campus. Both of the campuses were very easy to navigate and the buildings are modern, updated, and the professors I had were great!
HACC has a beautiful campus, but the school is pretty much run by kids, so you have be on top of everything in order to get anything done.
I haven't had much experience with main campus as I am an automotive student. However, what I have experienced is exceptional. Very diverse and offering a variety of majors for anybody who wants to receive a good education.
Harrisburg Area Community College is a very diverse and inclusive campus. It welcomes anyone from any walk of life, and each person has a say in the classroom. Discussions are so meaningful because of the variety of experiences represented. However, the depth of academics is weak. Their program is for an average learner with a break from school or weak high school performance. The material is not challenging, and there is little room to grow academically if you are academically gifted.
Awesome school with many options for the children to choose from! Very great and safe school for children to attend. The teachers are all awesome!
HACC was a success!! When I took my prerequisites the classes were small which made it easier to get one on one help. The classes were interesting. The full time schedules were great especially if your working. The dental hygiene program was an excellent program. It was very hard work but well worth it! I felt like I graduated knowing everything about dentistry not just dental hygiene. I felt very prepared for the board examinations as well as prepared for the “real world”. One day I would like to teach at HACC in the dental hygiene program!
I loved my experience at HACC. I was a part of the Music Industry program, and I made lots of friends and valuable contacts during my time there.
Good place to start your college journey. I completed about half of my degree online, and the rest split between two of the campuses. The biggest downside is classes only being offered at specific campuses, with those campuses each being about an hour away from each other.
I really liked the professors there. The Harrisburg campus is beautiful and a nice place to be, lots of space. They have different clubs that you can be a part of and different fun activity days. There was always something to do on campus. I think out of everything at HACC, my favorite was the professors. They really care about their students. They really want them to succeed and so they really do their very best to help them.
Harrisburg community college is a great college which provides a lot of opportunities for students to grow and be successful in life. The professors are willing to take the time to help you pass and are realizable with homework and class work. Harrisburg provides more of a one to one in classrooms which helps students understand more of the material.
Start Your Review of Harrisburg Area Community College - Harrisburg
Harrisburg Area Community college has been extremely convenient for me as an adult student returning to school. They offer a ton of classes and have six different campuses including a virtual campus to choose from. Many times I mixed campuses depending on what classes I wanted to take during a semester.
For such a tiny college you get an amazing education out of it. It's very cheap and was so easy to pay off tuition each semester. All the classes I took I learned a lesson from each and every one that I carry with me to this day. The teachers are incredible and the student base is so unique. You'll fit in with anyone right away!
It is a great stepping stone for someone who knows they want to achieve a college degree or is not sure which direction to go. It is also great for those intimidated by the "college life" and a great way to ease your way into the world of academia.