Harrisburg Area Community College - Harrisburg Reviews

I've taken one online class at HACC and the teacher was very attentive and responsive. I will be taking classes this Spring and will be online. Hopefully I get teachers that were like her.
I've had great customer service with all different type of reps for getting myself all registered for classes. I'm happy that everyone could be so informative and helpful for me.
When I started out at Harrisburg Area Community College, it was the summer of my Junior year. I have remained online the entirety of the time due to the fact it is very flexible and I find it is easier to pace myself online rather than in person. My Professors have all released assignments on time and were responsive when we had questions. When I did go on campus with questions regarding my schedule, or when I needed to take tests, the staff remained friendly and helpful. The college advisor is also very friendly and helpful on my campus. She also responds to my emails in a timely manner if I have any questions regarding the classes I need to take in order to get my Associates Degree. I chose to stay with my HACC even after I moved because the college offers classes that I need and want to take compared to my states community college. Overall, I love the aspect of HACC.
Start Your Review of Harrisburg Area Community College - Harrisburg
All the classes I have taken have been online. As a student I was able to substitute my regular classes with college classes. Because I lost a class in the middle of the day, I was placed in a study hall. In that study hall time, I would take notes, study, and take quizzes that were assigned for the week. I was also able to do my work at home after school some evenings because I had not completed as much as I wanted to. The online atmosphere feels a lot less stressful. This is because you do the assignments when you get to them in the week. There are due dates for when assignments and projects are due, but you are able to do them around your schedule. The instructors also provide a great deal of resources that help if I do not understand, or if other students do not understand a topic.
I like how easy it is to get into and how affordable it is. The nursing professors are great and very helpful.
The professors do the best they can with online learning. They are always reachable for any questions you have. They also post videos of them teaching the lesson, in case you need further clarification.
This school is great, all of the professors are really supportive and looking out for you and really want you to succeed.
This school is great, all of the professors are really supportive and looking out for you and really want you to succeed!
I took several classes online and the experience was very good. I was able to pace myself at my own rate and I was very successful. I really like how the online platform was set up. Very good overall.
HACC was a wonderful opportunity. The professors truly care about their students and want them to succeed. The coursework was manageable and I will walk away having gained very valuable knowledge.
The Harrisburg campus of HACC is quite amazing. It's great for the high graduates that haven't decided on what major they want to do or for the students that want to take some core classes before going to a university.
Online classes for HACC is not that bad. I had a difficult time with it, but it's because I'm more of a hands-on learner. The teachers are always open to help you out in any way they can.
I have done all my classes except one online. I have had great experience with online in regards to the support and content being provided to me.
It is convenient while working full-time to have options for online resources. Tuition is responsible to maintain.
Personally, I'm going for a two-year associates degree in Graphic and Interactive Design. Going to HACC was the best option for students who are still on the fence about their future education. They have a wide variety of classes, and agreements with other colleges that make your credits easily transferable. Every time I've had to call in to the Welcome Center for help, they've been nothing but helpful and kind. Even though HACC is primarily commute, I still feel a sense of community.
Classes that are designed for online work pretty well, but that also depends on the teacher. I've had a good and bad experience, but the flexibility, accessibility, and communication was good. As for becoming online due to current events, it was rough at first, but they're adapting with diligence. Now that we are a semester down (this past spring) things are going smoother. It's practically like a regular online class, but with more Zoom calls.
The staff and students are very interactive in the school community, HACC has so many student resources and activities!
Start Your Review of Harrisburg Area Community College - Harrisburg
I have not taken any online courses yet, but when we have used online learning in the past to help with class work it has been very clear and easy to participate in.
Studying at HACC wasn't my original plan, but I have saved so much money earning credits here and definitely feel as though my experience has been a positive one, so positive in fact that I am considering earning my two year degree from HACC before transferring to a four-year school. Professors understand and respect the diverse community that their students come from, allowing students to observe the diversity in the lives and stories around them to create a learning experience unlike something that would be found at a traditional school.