Harrisburg Area Community College - Harrisburg Reviews

Harrisburg Area Community College is an amazing college. I am currently a dual enrolled at HACC. Every professor that I have had have been so helpful and kind. I am going to stay at HACC for the nursing program.
Harrisburg Area Community College's Education department is full of professors who strive to prepare students for their future transfer university or the classroom. The campus is not terribly big (one can walk from one end of the campus to the other in 10-15 minutes) and it has plenty of foliage as well as a water fountain. The general education professors were generally helpful and understood that not everybody was majoring in their subject. They often implement different programs in an effort to lower textbook prices for students including custom textbooks and eTextbook access attached to tuition prices.
The nursing program challenges you from day 1! It’s a great program if you can get in! The Harrisburg campus is beautiful and provides great safety measures for those that visits its campus.
Start Your Review of Harrisburg Area Community College - Harrisburg
I love the flexibility the flexibility this school offers. Their virtual learning opportunities are fantastic. The only thing I wish they would do if focus on further developing the curriculum for my major.
So much events are always being held. They find a way to get students involved with everything. Tutoring is great and so are the teachers!
Well, since i'm still here at almost 3 years I can say that the information about classes and financial aid were very vague when I started. The information on that has changed drastically. The culture there is very diverse, people with different backgrounds and races. My advisor has been nothing but helpful with my educational journey. My only qualm is, that some of the courses are too heavily math based and people like me who are mathematically challenged, hate the curriculum. The college has really good resources, like the library and the student center with staff that are helpful too. Oh and the cafeteria, overpriced.
I love my teachers and my program. I have worked hard to achieve excellence in my studies, and my teachers have helped me obtain that. My classes have helped me realize that I am in the right program for myself.
I think it is a very good school if you aren't looking to go away to a University. All the professors I have ever had were really good and the campus is beautiful.
I am currently enrolled part time at HACC, Harrisburg Campus. The professors are amazing. I highly enjoy each and every class. I am ready to take the knowledge given and apply that to my medical career.
The professors are very good and enjoy meeting with students if they are unsure about a topic. I have had great experiences when having trouble with taking tests and professors helping me to study. The students here are friendly and helpful. The campus itself is beautiful, many places to relax and study after classes.
The college classes are affordable and easily accessible. Accommodations are available for students that need extra help or guidance. The free tutoring programs at HACC are my absolute favorite, and they help me enjoy doing projects and learning in a stress free environment. My only complaint would be the inconsistency's in teachers use of technology, and the way that the website is set up. Clubs are hard to learn about, and navigating the activities and job opportunities can be very confusing online. I would recommend talking to a counselor about any questions about job opportunities or ways to get involved.
attended for fall, winter and spring semesters, completing 30+ credits. Would definitely recommend for Gen Ed requirements.
The college was well organized interms of layout, makes it easy to locate a class. Overall environment was calming and soothing.
I am in the PN program here at HACC, and the professors are amazing. They make you feel part of a group, and want us to succeed. I LOVE IT!!!
I am returning to HACC at the age of 51 years old. All staff that I have met have been very helpful. I had the opportunity to take testing to be able to take a higher English that was recommended by my Advisor. I received Financial Aid and had queations on what that involves and how to use it and the Financial Aid team was very helpful. I know when I was attending HACC before the teachers were all very helpful, I am hoping that didn't change. I am very excited for August 27th so that I can get started on earning my Associates Degree in Human Services- Drug and Alcohol Counseling!
I liked all the useful resources around you on campus. There was a free tutoring center and you could also meet with your professors one-on-one. If I could change one thing, it would be for the college to have a more college campus feel since it is a college where you commute to and not live at.
The teachers, although not as experienced as professors at other universities, are extremely passionate. They teach at HACC because they love teaching, not because of the paycheck. There are many resources available, the staff is very friendly and helpful. However, I would like to see more community involvement opportunities for the students. The college is for the community, so we should be able to give back.
Start Your Review of Harrisburg Area Community College - Harrisburg
Pretty good school, 8 really like it. Professors are good. There is a subway on campus, in the main building.
I love the way the school is set up and that there are so many resources there to help you succeed in school as well as in the future career wise. The one thing I would change is probably the tuition.
I love the college's library and teachers. The faculty is really nice and always try to help you in some way. I would like to see a parking lot for the Lebanon campus and additional courses can be added or available in the Lebanon campus.