Harrisburg Area Community College - Harrisburg Reviews

Its a great school. Offer online class its very affordable and convenient..really recommend this school if you have kids full time work. This school is a great school.
Amazing campus really big but easy to find your way around. Great parking lot with campus security to make you feel safe. Professor are great and make you have the real college experience.
HACC is a great school . They offer a variety of degrees to choose from. When I visited the campus I seen a lot of diverse students and teachers. The food is inexpensive and really good. Not to mention the tuition is very affordable. The area is good all the people there are friendly.
Review Your College
Overall a solid school. Compared to other community college's HACC is exceptional. Teachers go out of their way to help if needed, and lessen financial strain as much as possible.
Following my retirement after 25 years of state service, I decided I wanted to gain new skills and abilities to continue doing something I would enjoy. HACC was a natural. It offered an ABA-approved Paralegal Studies Certificate program. I could not have made a better decision. The work was not easy, nor was it overwhelming. It was on point. The enthusiasm of the professors, barring none, was so rewarding that it made me want to apply the same enthusiasm to learning. Within weeks of graduating, I received offers. Now I look forward to embarking on a new career knowing that I have gained the skills and abilities to be successful.
Not a lot of flexibility to be had, but I took classes that I actually needed to take (gen-eds, specifically).
Online courses are accessible and easy to get the hang of, but the selection could be better.
Art professors are extremely lacking in both numbers and open-mindedness on my campus. There's little to no consideration for Art majors at all.
There are a lot of given opportunities for transfers and interns and many other things. This school has a lot of connections despite its small size.
  • Value
Learned new things to apply to my artwork and overall skill set, but the selection of class and professors is extremely poor.
It's okay in terms of selection of subjects, but the number of classes offered online AND more time slots should be available.
I really like how many options there are on what to study, and yet the campus is fairly small. It is still mainly a commuter college, but they always have something going on if you want to get involved.
Your advisors do what they can do to help you succeed in college. They want you to reach your goals as much as you want to reach them. They are very good with meetings and are very good at scheduling classes around your everyday busy schedule.
HACC has great online classes. I am actually taking 2 online classes this semester. They are very user- friendly and it is very convenient. I really like them and they are very good at giving you the right amount of work load.
HACC is a great school to transfer from. Pretty much all the credits you will take will transfer to any college of your choice.
  • Value
They have great on campus classes, and for people that don't necessarily have the time to go to on campus classes, they have great line classes.
HACC is a school where you can work full-time and still go to school. HACC's classes are very flexible and they want you to succeed in your future even if HACC is just a start in fathering your education.
Review Your College
The professors are very caring and very concerned about the students. They want to to succeed.
HACC is a great school to go to if you don't know what you want to do in your future, or if you just want to get your General classes out of the way. Very convenient and very affordable.
You are told what will be transferred or not