Harris-Stowe State University Reviews

Harris Stowe is a small campus which is great for students who doesn’t want to have a very big campus. The staff are very friendly and easy to get along with and they try their best to fix any problems that they need to. They believe every student needs their education so they sit and talk and try to help a student if they have any problems.
I love the energy at Harris-Stowe and I love the activities and clubs they offer. We also have some of the best college housing accommodations in the country with single bedroom suites with full kitchens and bathrooms that we only have to share with one other person. The rigor of classes is pleasantly challenging as well and the professors are always here to help. What I would like to see improve is the quickness with which housing issues are fixed. Many rooms have broken and/or dysfunctional objects that have not yet been fixed after submitting multiple work orders. The food here is good as well. Although we don't have popular restaurants, the food service provider we have gives us options and is open 4 times a day during the week.
The university is a good environment, the teachers are caring & very involved. The students are wonderful people, the school in my opinion is a big family.
Start Your Review of Harris-Stowe State University
My experience was okay,I like to see some changes better tutoring academic and great instructors. The library is too small. The graduation rate is extremely low 8%, unnecessary classes are a waste of time to get to your major.
Very diverse and friendly school , you’re not a stranger when you are here ! Everyone welcomes you in and the campus is beautiful
The atmosphere here is family-like. Everyone is very involved. There is always activities going on, plenty of groups to get involved in, & diverse enough for everyone to be able to join at least one club or group of interest.
Harris-Stowe gave me a chance to express myself through a program called “Impact”. Impact is a bible study group that travels the country and teachs students about the word of god on campus. However, the only thing I would like for them to change is the choice of food items in the cafeteria. Overall, attending Harris-Stowe was an life changing experience for me, couldn’t have ask for a better one !
have heard so many good things about this school and I really want to go to this school.And i also would like to further my education
The experience at Harris-Stowe I would say is a "OK" experience not very exciting. What I would like to see changed it the organization level and the food.
I loved my campus tour of Harris-Stowe State University. I felt very comfortable there and I could see myself going there.
At Harris Stowe State University, I truly liked how nice the campus was. All the buildings were very easy to find too. The students were so dedicated to their school, as well as the professors. Some of the staff were unprofessional and childish along with some students I did encounter while attending the university. Other than that, I did have an ok experience at this university, the room setup was nice, I had applied and paid for a single but got a double which was fine, but it as was not as spacious as the single rooms were. Other than that “It’s a Great Day to Be a Hornet !”
I will be an incoming Freshman in the Fall of 2018. I have had the opportunity to visit the campus twice. I found the atmosphere to be very welcoming and inviting. Everyone that I meet was extremely helpful and nice. The campus community really helped me to get a feel for what my experience would be like there when I attend. I look forward to attending Harris-Stowe State University and receiving a quality education and experience that I will cherish.
My name is Collin Evans and I have recently been accepted into Harris-Stowe State University. I have been on a visit and was please and very grateful for the experience. However, I would like to say from the professor, counselors ,and students they were all generous considering the frame mindset I have on college. Even the setting changes my mindset of how college is and how it is suppose to be. I believe that there is room for important but it’s actually a fine institution. I believe Harris-Stowe values and displays both diversity in socioeconomic background and race on its campus. Lastly , the school could use more athletics like football and more activities/clubs.
If you're looking for a Historically Black College/ University where you can interact with your professors, learn more about the black culture, and still have a typical college life, Harris-Stowe State University is the place to be. There tons of clubs and organizations on campus that you could be apart of. This school is also relatively small, its easy to meet people, and to interact with your professors. Although this is an HBCU there is still a ton of diversity. Overall I give this school a 10/10.
At Harris Stowe they treat you like family . The profeesors will parent, you as well as push you to succeed and be a better person. They actually take time when helping you choose your major and also the campus is small so resources are plentiful. Lastyly, they have really great academic programs that can take you into many different fields.
Harris Stowe is a great school. I would like for them to have the daycare open until 10pm so that working mother's like myself. will not have to look for sitters.
Harris - Stowe State University has great programs Major in biology I love this school they have good help when it comes to you need it with homework in others they have good internships in major in the field of biology. When I first entered Harris -Stowe State University I was scared because I thought college was going to be hard in that I was not going to be able to keep up with my grades but I am doing very good in all my class because of the administrative at Harris- Stowe State University.
Start Your Review of Harris-Stowe State University
My experience at Harris Stowe has been great so far. Becoming a student at Harris Stowe was one of the best moves I’ve made so far. The staff is great and the other students around campus are very friendly. I am proud to say that I am apart of the Harris Stowe family.
Harris Stowe was an excellent school to attend. I am proud to say I will be graduating in May of 2018 with my bachelors in Biology! This school has taught me how to overcome the toughest battles and to never give up. After losing a close friend to gun violence my grades dropped and I didn’t think I would make. The teachers and students helped me in so many way just when I was about to give up on life. I’m honored and crying writing this but I am forever grateful for choosing Harris-Stowe State University to attend.
Harris Stowe State University is a historically black institution that best fits my needs. I love my school and it was a great choice for me. Harris Stowe is still a working process but it is still beneficial to be here. One thing I would like for Harris Stowe State University to change is the meal plan. We need more options for food and drinks.