Hardin-Simmons University Reviews

Great faith based university, has a small college feel that makes the experience feel family-like. Plenty of events to attend and students feel safe to practice christian faith with chapel, bible study, and faith allowed in classroom environments. Many work study opportunities for students, and a great school for all military and dependents.
I attended HSU from 2013-17 & I loved being an HSU student!

The class sizes are small so I got to know my peers and professors well. I felt like I could ask questions/reach out for help if needed. I told people that I cared for & known as a student.

At HSU, I felt like I received opportunities that I wouldn’t have at other universities. The student life, athletics, & campus community are great. As a student, I was in several organizations while keeping a job & my studies. Our campus organizations always had events for students to attend. Organizations would hold events that met the needs of every type of student on campus. HSU athletics is awesome! Students & faculty are supportive of our athletes!

Abilene is a fun city! Abilene has food trucks, bakeries, coffee shops, local restaurants, theaters, dance halls, & more! The community is student friendly & provides free food, discounts, & job opportunities for college students!

I wouldn’t trade my experience at HSU for the world.
I came here during my 3 Years in Highschool for Early Medical Classes. It was a nice environment. Teachers will help you go through the toughest of times... finals!! Very sportive community and all around excellent school.
Start Your Review of Hardin-Simmons University
What I liked about Hardin Simmons was the family like atmosphere on the campus. I toured the campus about four times and every time I was there the students and faculty were very nice to me and my family. I wouldn't change anything about Hardin Simmons.
As a 2017 graduate of HSU, I can't say anything but the best about the school, teachers, and campus life. I transferred to HSU after being at a junior college for two years. My first few weeks of being in Abilene and being around school, I felt very welcomed by peers and staff. Professors truly want you to succeed and do good in class; all while they are creating personal relationships with you. Sports are a very close-knit group at the school. Everyone wants everyone else to do good and succeed. Although I did live off campus in my two years, I enjoyed being apart of campus life through refereeing/umpiring intramurals and other social events. Within 9 Months after graduation, I have found a career in the field I studied and, it was all because of specific connections I made through Hardin-Simmons.
I've been to Hardin-Simmons University only 2 times and I loved it both times. The people there are very nice, very warm welcoming and I would love to go to that school and play basketball. I didn't get a chance to eat the food but I know if you are hungry you will eat it. I believe that everyone should go there and it would be a great area.
Hardin-Simmons is fun, safe place to attend. The Student/teacher ratio is low and the school spirit is great. You have so many different opertunites to serve your community also.
My education has been enlightened by faith. The professors have challenged my faith in a positive way. They have provided me different lenses to read the Bible with. For student life, it is amazing. They have late pancake study breaks, Christmas parties, and have puppies on campus during finals week. They are genius in how they interact with students by providing them plenty of events to go to and meet new people.
It is a wonderful place to be, and has a very put together campus and society involving students and professors. I suggest everyone give Hardin Simmons a chance, because it will change their life just like it did mine.
I love HSU. The largest class I've had is about 30 students. The professors know you on an individual basis and go out of their way to help you succeed. I've even been in classes where the professor invited the class to dinner at their own home. It's a small campus, yet it still has the amenities and standing of a much larger school. It's situated in a convenient area and Abilene is an easy town to learn to navigate.
HSU is a small knit school where everyone holds the door for you and and says hi to you on the way to class. Professors want you to excel in their class and will do anything in their power to help you understand the material being thought. Everyone is very proud to wear the school colors and say that they go to/or play for HSU.
It is a very small university. Everyone knows everyone, and everyone knows their business. The same 10 students are in charge of every club, organization, and group, so if you're not in the clique you won't get any leadership positions. The school is great if you want to be a teacher or physical therapist, but not if you want to be a doctor, dentist, etc. The science department is very small with the same teacher teaching 6 different classes.
HSU has wonderful professors and is a great place to pursue a degree, especially in the sciences. It is located in a small, quiet town with not a lot going on but serves as a great place to study. Lots of positive changes are going on in the university that I believe will further propel it to greater heights.
What I have liked about Hardin-Simmons University is the fact that the staff is willing to help students through any issues they may come upon. Rather it is helping you find scholarships, learning to adjust, or simply finding a way to make you feel comfortable in your new home they are willing to find solutions. The school, also, invest with its students. Any money that comes into the school always goes back into bettering the school to meet the needs of the students, staff, and faculty. I admire the idea of chapel, as well. Every Tuesday the school offers chapel from 9:30-10:10 am, which is a great way to connect with God, no matter how busy your schedule might be because offices are closed during this time. Overall, my experience has been great and I am glad to say that I have chosen Hardin-Simmons University as my home for the next four years of my life.
It is very community oriented and I love the teachers here. The teachers are very interested in investing into your life on a personal level. The campus is very beautiful as well making it a wonderful place to live.
The professors are all so welcoming; they are genuinely happy you are there. The other students are very helpful, and someone is always there for you when you feel utterly alone. You are welcomed into a family.
The atmosphere and the caring people. Great academics. Coming to Hardin-Simmons University was a great investment for me everyone was helpful and informative. The experience is great and exciting. You have a balance of learning and biblical which provides a great way to ground you in your studies.
Start Your Review of Hardin-Simmons University
Hardin-Simmons is a small school where everyone is very welcoming and kind. The teachers are personable and are really there to help you and make sure you succeed both in and out of classes. I chose to come here because it was just the atmosphere I was looking for and it felt like home. HSU really has that sense of community and you're bound to always find someone to turn to for help!
Coming to Hardin-Simmons, I was overall extremely nervous. Even though I already knew my roommate, I was still quite scared that I would not make any friends quickly. Not even entering my second week of college, I was already blessed with having a second family. I've gotten so many opportunities to preform at this school: I was a lead in the fall musical 'The Addams Family', the titular character of the first spring play 'Sylvia', and a supporting character in our spring musical 'GodSpell'. The professor genuinely care about the success of their students and are so willing to help us whenever we ask them to. The atmosphere of the school is so relaxing and it has already become like a home to me.
The school is overall alright but the town is not made for young adults because there is nothing to do in Abilene, so even though the education is good the town is not accommodating for young adults. The school could really use an upgrade on the residential ares such as the housing and apartments because they are getting old, out of shape, and have a lot of damage.