You’ll never find another place like Hardin-Simmons University. We are a Baptist university in Abilene, Texas, with 127 years of history and traditions that aren’t matched at any other school - and that gives HSU a personality as big as the West Texas horizon.
Our students have big dreams, and HSU exists to instill the knowledge and nurture the confidence to identify and fulfill those dreams. We do that by embracing every student as a member of our Family. You will matter at HSU, and you will matter to us when you go into the world.
We also have a ratio of 1 professor for every 12 students. That ensures that you will get personal attention from your professors, and every class will be taught by a professor. There aren’t any crowds for you to get lost in at HSU. In fact, you’ll probably get invited to dinner at a professor’s house every so often. You will be pushed to do your best, but you’ll always have assistance to achieve it.
Hardin-Simmons University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.24 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.32 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.32 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.31 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.45 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.15 responses
Hardin-Simmons University Reviews
The class sizes are small so I got to know my peers and professors well. I felt like I could ask questions/reach out for help if needed. I told people that I cared for & known as a student.
At HSU, I felt like I received opportunities that I wouldn’t have at other universities. The student life, athletics, & campus community are great. As a student, I was in several organizations while keeping a job & my studies. Our campus organizations always had events for students to attend. Organizations would hold events that met the needs of every type of student on campus. HSU athletics is awesome! Students & faculty are supportive of our athletes!
Abilene is a fun city! Abilene has food trucks, bakeries, coffee shops, local restaurants, theaters, dance halls, & more! The community is student friendly & provides free food, discounts, & job opportunities for college students!
I wouldn’t trade my experience at HSU for the world.