Hanover College Reviews

Hanover College is absolutely wonderful! The environment is academically rigorous and, due to the small class sizes, professors are always available to help you. It is definitely a challenge, however, and the cost of tuition is outrageous. Fortunately, there are a lot more scholarships and grants available to students here than there might be at state schools, due to there being more private donors backing the institution.
The dorms don't have air conditioning which makes everyone miserable. the students are very cliquey. There is little to do on campus and the surrounding area
I chose Hanover College for the size and diversity. I play women's basketball and have joined a Sorority making new friends every year. The professors are friendly and offer many suggestions on how they studied and accomplished all their goals as a student.
Start Your Review of Hanover College
Tight-knit community with professors who truly care about students. Beautiful campus with outstanding architecture and serene hiking trails.
The campus of Hanover is beautiful and makes me feel safe and at home. My admissions counselor has helped me immensely with receiving financial aid and answering any questions I have.
Enjoying it very much so far, difficult but definatly will prepare you for the real world and graduate school.
If you like the small town, small college kind of feel, then Hanover is this place for you. Hanover is a quiet, academically driven campus placed in the middle of the woods while directly overlooking the Ohio River. It is a great place for a prestigious degree after a lot of work.
Hanover College is beautiful and I don’t have many complaints. The environment and professors could not be better. The dining hall lacks quality a little bit and the campus is not very wheelchair-friendly.
Depending on what you go into this school could definitely be for you. They sell you on the scenery and the intimate feel the school gives you. In truth, the scenery is beautiful and the professors will get to know and help you. The school is not for everyone; however, if you like challenging academics, a small student body, and a liberal arts education then this college is for you.
The campus is beautiful. It is a small campus, hardly any privacy. Lacks racial diversity. You are presented with many great opportunities that are not offered at other colleges. The food is terrible, but the stir fry and subs are good.
I loved it from the moment I stepped on campus because everyone is extremely welcoming of everyone and the campus itself is beautiful. Of course there are parties, but if you don't want to go, no one is forcing you and you can create yourself as a person.
The professors (most with PhD's) really care about their students and want to see them grow. It's a great school to be a part of.
I love college as a whole. It have been a great experience so far. The only thing I would improve is some of the meal choices.
I really like Hanover college because it is a small community that has a real family vibe when you walk on campus. The only thing I don't like about Hanover is that they don't have an actual theater that can be used for their theater department.
I've only attended Hanover College for 1 year (so far) and I loved it! The things I love the most are that the faculty and students are all very nice and helping people. The small classroom size makes it very easy to get the help you need.
So far, I've only spent 1 year there, yet I can say that I really enjoyed my time there. The professors and students are really nice and helpful and the campus is mostly peaceful. I am personally a quiet person who likes to be alone and doesn't interact with others much, but since I've been to Hanover, I've been more open and talkative with the faculty and students. I've really enjoyed interacting with the multitude of people there and look forward to my years with them.
I love the atmosphere here. It is very homey and very close. It is very easy to contact professors or other students if you need help. There is free tutoring and a plethora of different activities to do on campus and even off campus.
Start Your Review of Hanover College
While Hanover is has amazing profs known for transforming students into lifelong learners, the school isn't a good choice if you wish to be accepted into graduate school. Although you become experts in your major, a B is difficult to achieve in science courses, even if you study 5-6 hours a day. You're told otherwise, but GPA IS everything. Graduating with a 3.0 will ruin any chance of acceptance into grad school. Furthermore, not gaining acceptance into grad school means you will be starting your career in the real world after college. The real world is not kind unless your bachelor's is in nursing, accounting, or engineering, none of which Hanover offer. Good luck getting paid over $30,000 a year with your Biology degree. Disclaimer: The extremely gifted will have to work hard, but could still get a 3.8 & rock the mcat/ GRE. Unless you are one of the gifted students or majoring in something other than science, go somewhere else so that you have a fighting chance in the real world.
Hanover is a challenging school academically. It is easy to get out and socialize, but due to its size, you see pretty much the same people everywhere you go.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time spent at Hanover so far. It is a small, but close-knit community of students and faculty who are committed to a higher learning. The campus is beautiful and there is always something to do with a surplus of campus clubs and activities. I have met some of my best friends here and become a better student because of Hanover College.