Hannibal-LaGrange University Reviews

This is a review from someone that did welland was an RA at this school. The staff is a revolving door, most of the quality professors leave within a year or two of working there. The academics here are not good, there is no accountability for the professors and the bad ones do not change practices and the good ones leave.Student life is atrocious, there is rarely anything that the school puts on that has had any student input leading to very little student participation and interest. The discipline is arbitrary you may get a slap on the wrist for drug or alcohol related offences, but another student may get kicked out of the school immediately. I would not recommend to anyone due to the high cost and array of other issues. They will not work with you in scheduling classes whether that be because you were a transfer student or if they do not offer the specific courses you need for that school year. There is so much more I want to say but there is a 1000 character limit.
Hannibal-LaGrange University has been a very good experience. I have met really interesting people, from different cultures and has open my world. However, the life on campus is not quite the best compared to other schools. If you are looking to party this is not the place. You will make great friends and may have really good times, but is very rare to party in here.
It has a good Christian environment if that's what a person wants. However the program for my degree was to new and the teachers were not experienced enough to teach it yet.
Start Your Review of Hannibal-LaGrange University
This campus is filled with many different people from many different backgrounds. There is always someone to talk to and many professors who care about your well being and future. The campus is small but full of nice people and fun things to do.
Hannibal LaGrange is a great school for athletes as the student body is 90% athletes so the teachers are super cool working with you in regards to making up any work you miss due to being away for games and tournaments and the overall environment is just really nice.
Moving from New Jersey to Hannibal, Missouri was a culture shock to say the least. Yet that move was very small in comparison to many of the students from all over the world. The school is strictly Southern Baptist with mandatory Chapel sessions and Bible classes. The student body is also made up of a majority of athletes. The Academics are solid and professors want to see the students succeed. Overall it is a good private school with limited distractions.
Our director of public safety is the former police chief in town and has a firm grasp on safety.
Many people have not heard of our school, but continuing education is typically not difficult. Internships are generally easy to get, but the student will have to do the foot work.
Rules are strictly enforced, and students are not exactly free to make adult decisions.
There is only one "Greek" organization on campus, but it is a men's service organization.
Some of the coaches are not good at their jobs, but they remain.
HLGU is a very small and personal campus. The professors care deeply about their students, and the students are very friendly.
The one fraternity we have is a good solid Christian based fraternity.
While some of the teams may not be the best they are still able to always draw a crowd of cheering fans. Coaches are nice and open to students who want to play.
The fitness facility is a little weak.
The best thing at the college is the friendly atmosphere.
I should have done more research into the school... For someone who is from a tropical climate, this location is definitely not for you! Especially if you do not have a car, then you are stuck on campus 24/7. And Freshman orientation is very important and being in a dorm where majority of the freshman stay is also important. I missed freshman orientation, and I live in a apartment dorm full of seniors and juniors so I can say I don't have and friends lol and because I'm a quiet person so its hard to go up and talk to my classmates.
Start Your Review of Hannibal-LaGrange University
This college is way more expensive than it was when I attended Central Methodist University. However, I switched because I would be able to complete my Student Teaching next fall and do it while working, instead of having to resign my position at the school I work at. This is my 2nd year working at this school and I have to work, I do not have any funds if I do not, so with the approval of my school board and Hannibal-LaGrange, I will be able to do now. Plus, I will be graduating 1 whole semester or more earlier than what I would have with CMU. The Financial Aid department is not the best, and I have had trouble with them, but my advisor and the instructors I have had so far are awesome!
There are many positive factors including the flexibility of a tremendous godly staff. The connections made on campus even for commuting students is very beneficial to studying and networking. In addition, the job opportunities they start to line up even this close to starting school is wonderful.
if you are lucky enough to get off campus, you just have to find a place available