Hampden-Sydney College is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
Old Dominion Athletic Conference
Hampden-Sydney College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.Take our survey
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.6 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.6 responses
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Hampden-Sydney College
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.15 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.14 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
Hampden-Sydney College Reviews
This is as you know it is a all male college. This college has very good professors. The professors are easy to talk to and ask for help! HSC has a very good reputation within the state of Vrigina. Everyone is nice and welcoming. The pledge you sign is awesome. I can leave my stuff around with out it getting stolen. The buidlings are awesome, and they provide us students with plenty of study spaces. The staff are very willing to help you no matter what. The dorms are C rated altough. Overall, this college is great!
What I've experienced on campus has been mediocre at best. While there may be activities available to distinguish yourself from the rest of the student body, this is mainly because most of the students don't have any drive. Academics is the best experience on campus, but this can be found at most colleges. The reputation of the school is something to worry about here as outside of schools with close connections to the campus, reputation as a "Hampden-Sydney Man" is that of alcoholism and ignorance. This is true as you will encounter people that party frequently and engage in different types of drugs. As an active student with fine arts and on campus activities with minorities and student run organizations, I've found that most interactions with people mainly reflected around discussing alcohol and non-academic activities. RAs and professors will party and drink with freshman. I am currently looking to transfer and would strongly suggest reconsidering your decision to come here.
Incredible School. Great Environment. Classes are very interesting, primarily taught in the Socratic method. Professors greatly emphasize critical thinking. The Honors Program, Wilson Leadership Center, Center for Entrepreneurship and Political Economy, and the many clubs (that you get to lead) always give you something fun to do during the week. Weekends provide a great opportunity to relax and party or go do something fun with one of the campus groups. I'm loving it!