Hamilton College Reviews

I am happier than I ever thought I could be at this school. The people here are amazing it is a wonderful community and it is very easy to make meaningful relationships quickly. The professors are incredibly knowledgeable and understanding in most cases, and there are many in the administration you can reach out to. I have made the best friends I’ve ever had, met the love of my life, and became truly passionate in so many subjects. I feel very prepared for the world and very supported by this college. PLEASE visit if you’re interested. This school was such a hidden gem for me.
I love the hill. It's not perfect, and maybe one thing I feel I didn't realize coming here is how absolutely isolated it is, but if you're okay with that, this school really is amazing.
I have loved Hamilton so far. I am a sophomore here and these two years have been truly amazing. It really does feel like home for me. I get sad to leave and excited to return. The faculty love what they teach and really care about their students, which enhances the learning environment and makes it a lot of fun. You are able to explore different academic routes with the open curriculum, which is something I really cherish.
Start Your Review of Hamilton College
I love Hamilton. It's not by any means perfect, but the college truly does it's best to give students all they need to succeed. From the professors learning not only your name, but who you are as a person, to the staff's friendly hellos and helpful advice, Hamilton is full of wonderful people who care.

That's what makes Hamilton stand out above all the rest.
Great experience, great school, highly recommend it. Only thing that really bugged me was the lack of diversity.
I really enjoyed how writing-central the school is, but the price of the school is almost unjustifiable when coupled with the travel expenses.
Hamilton College is a great liberal arts school that focuses a lot on writing, which I've found to help me a lot in job interviews and applications. It's a hard school, but a great community and you receive a wonderful education here.
The gyms have a lot of good equipment, and there are several places to do exercise beside weight lifting (basketball courts, pool, etc.)
I'm aware that it's going to be hard to get by in college, but the support system is definitely there. You just have to use it
Hamilton alum are very involved with the school and the career center is great.
Professors are usually passionate and want to interact/help students.
There is little theft on campus and Hamilton is generally very safe. Hamilton students tend to leave their bags in the lib and there doors unlocked. The Health Center does need improvement and finding doctors close by can be difficult. There are plans to improve services in the coming years.
There is no longer any off campus housing, so everybody lives on the hill. There are a great selection of dorms on both sides of campus.
There is no greek housing allowed, so Hamilton does not have the same greek culture as many other schools. Sororities/Fraternities often host all campus parties and are a good way to meet people, but membership is by no means an essential part of night life. Some organizations are centered around sports teams, but most are differentiated by personality type.
Varsity sports don't have a huge impact on campus life. Rugby and frisbee are both really popular club sports and are easy to join.
The glen around the college is one of the best and most unique features of Hamilton. There is endless exploring and bonfires to be had. If you are from a big city, you'll be amazed by how great it is to be able to take a forest walk as a study break. The glen is just one part of Hamilton's focus on the outdoors. Both the outing club and the environmental studies departments are thriving, close knit communities.
Most of my professors have been excellent and I have had great interaction with them.
Start Your Review of Hamilton College
I haven't personally needed these resources yet, but I know the are helpful and very available.
Campus crime is very low and not too many instances occur.
I think the overall quality of housing here is great with lots of different options.