COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Our campus visit program is currently paused as students return to College Hill for the fall semester, and we hope to again offer visit opportunities later this fall. In the meantime, we have a variety of ways for you to discover our community and learn about Hamilton through virtual events. Learn More
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeA
Long before Alexander Hamilton shot to fame (no pun intended) thanks to the hit Broadway musical, we claimed him as our favorite founding father.
Hamilton College’s roots date to 1793, when Hamilton agreed to serve as our first trustee. As you might know, Hamilton was more than an orphan and an immigrant who achieved prominence as a member of the Continental Army and as the first secretary of the treasury; he was a visionary, a persuasive writer and a critical thinker who helped shape the country we have today.
Those are the same skills we value and teach our students at Hamilton, one of the most highly-regarded liberal arts institutions in the world.
There is no one Hamilton student just as there is no one Hamilton experience. The promise we make to all our students is the same. At Hamilton, you can: Study What You Love, Be Who You Are, Find Your Future, and Ensure Your Education is Affordable.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.26 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.33 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.33 responses
Political Science and Government35 Graduates
International Relations28 Graduates
Research and Experimental Psychology26 Graduates
Creative Writing23 Graduates
Foreign Languages and Literatures23 Graduates
Neuroscience and Neurobiology22 Graduates
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.38 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.44 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.15 responses
Hamilton College Reviews
As for the community, there is no community like at Hamilton. Yes, there are downsides to being at Hamilton, such as the location, the limited range of food options, and the often crummy weather. However, the people at this school 100% make up for it. The school holds a true "we're all in this together" mentality, and the small class sizes allow you to get to know many of your classmates as well as your professors.