Gwynedd Mercy University Reviews

I thought was going to like the school and all, but the campus is very boring. It is not very active. The sports sucks there. they only have like 5 sports there and you can't really play if your are not really good, which make no sense, because they are divsion3. The academic at this school is okay, but not all that. You can go some where a even better education for a way cheaper cost. The food here sucks. A lot of students who come here do not return back for a second year or the next semester. The party here sucks. We have them off campus, because the school don't want to have it on campus. The place the party are held sucks. if you are not drunk or high- the party sucks. Everything is wrong with this campus. The students are nice the RA are helpful and the dorms are suitable- nothing special.
I just started at Gwynedd. So far I enjoy it. The campus has a lot of grass, which helps me personally because a green environment brings me peace when I'm stressed. College does tend to stress you out. The staff are all so kind and helpful. As I walked around the hallways, I looked a bit confused on where to go and what to do. Well that was enough for the staff to approach me and offer generous help. They also offer one on one assistance with just about anything! I got my schedule for the fall semester done within fifteen minutes thanks to the help of Gwynedd's staff members. Overall I'm excited to attend the university and think it's going to be worth the hard work.
The Biology department at Gwynedd was incredible. The student-teacher ratio is small, so you get the benefit of individual attention and in-depth assignments that prepare you well for graduate school. The community is very supportive and are interested in you as a full person, not just a tuition check. I can't recommend it enough.
Start Your Review of Gwynedd Mercy University
I love the campus overall! Its really pretty! The professors are awesome, and they strive to help the students at this university to achieve success in various ways, whether that is sending us to the Academic Resource Center (ARC) to get help for a class that we may be struggling in, or allowing us to meet with them one on one to get help.
I love how the teacher to student ratio here at Gwynedd Mercy University. I have gotten to know most of my professors personally, which made communicating with them about certain issues so much easier. The people at this school are so extremely helpful and down to earth.
This institution has a beautiful campus and offers different curriculums, but it does favor the healthcare field. As for preparation for the workforce, I feel that the courses and topics covered do not prepare you well enough to work in your field. Each course seems to be rushed through and geared towards obtaining knowledge for the tests rather than for the workforce.
Gwynedd Mercy was a small community which is something I really wanted in a university. I had the ability to be a student-athlete, member of multiple clubs/organizations, study for my bachelor's degree, and work part-time. The faculty and staff were very helpful, especially when it came down to "crunch time" and finding a job. I graduated GMercyU on May 12th and secured a teaching position May 14th! I highly recommend Gwynedd Mercy University, especially to education majors!
My experience at Gwynedd Mercy University has been great. All the professors I have had are dedicated to seeing their students excel. They care about you and do not assign busy work; they present new materials in exciting ways that help you learn. The other students I have met are helpful; they are friendly and open to study groups. My favorite part of the University is the ARC, that is where students can go for tutoring and extra help.The only thing I would change about the university is the cost, the education is excellent, but I wish it were more affordable.
I chose to come to Gwynedd Mercy university because of the small class sizes. I really like the student-to-teacher ratio, and the free resources they offer to students!
I am going into my sophomore year this upcoming fall. The school is very focused in the academics which is what drew me to it. The campus is fairly small but still very decent.
I am a second semester transfer sophomore and I could not be happier that I chose to transfer to Gwynedd. I have met so many great people and love being apart of the Education program here. I play two sports and I am thankful for everything Gwynedd has given me so far.
Being an adult learner with work & the primary caregiver for my mother. Gwynedd Mercy doctoral program fit perfectly into my lifestyle. Also the professor & staff were very supportive & helpful in helping me successfully complete my degree.
I like there activities for student/resident life. They need to change the amount of activities for students. They need more!
I transferred form another university and transferring to Gwynedd was the best decision I made. I am so much happier here, I'm close with all my teachers, and I have made amazing friends.
Gwynedd Mercy is such a great for me personally. It's a small school but it gives you a family and homey feel. Since its such a small school, class sizes are usually small too, which makes it easier to build relationships with professors. As a freshman, everyone is so helpful and give you the perfect amount of independence and guidance that you need. Since it's mostly a commuter school, there's not a lot of people on campus on the weekends. But it's easy to find something to do around town or with your friends. It also makes it easier to focus on the work load. Overall, coming to Gwynedd was one of the best decisions I've ever made.
Gwynedd Mercy University so far has been a great decision. The professors are what makes this university stand out. They are so dedicated to their students not just receiving good grades but truly learning the material. The party scene on campus isn't the best but I always can find something fun to do on campus or around campus so I'm never bored. The staff is amazing and always super helpful. I rarely ever have complaints about the food and the breakfast selection is my favorite. Gwynedd makes me excited to go to class!
Great four-year university. I am a commuter student, and love that I can attend a prestigious university yet still live at home. Class sizes are small- usually under 30 students or less, and the professors provide individualized teaching experience due to the small class size. You are more than just a number in the classroom; you are truly a name. The campus is crisp and clean. Older buildings are being renovated each year, adding to the modern feel of this university. Every time that I have ever eaten at the cafeteria, I have always enjoyed the food. Centrally located around a magnitude of stores and places to shop and eat at.
Start Your Review of Gwynedd Mercy University
What the university lacks in school spirit and hospitality, they pick up in education. Professors are rigorous and give insightful lectures; teaching aspects that one can carry for the rest of one’s life. The campus is small yet beautiful in its own way sharing the land with nature. It’s not a University you want to live at, mostly because there’s nothing to do and because residential aspect of the university is more barren then lively. The people are kind and the education is great but the university overall is average. There’s nothing that makes it stand out to competing universities and colleges; however it’s a good school to consider and they give generous scholarships to almost everyone.
My college experience was truly amazing! I transferred to Gwynedd as a non-traditional student. I lived on campus all four years, which allowed me to become involved in clubs/organizations/activities and events on campus as well as focus on my academics. I was also a Resident Assistant for two of those years. In my opinion, this institution has a family feel to it, and the campus is very safe, clean and there are several ways to get involved on campus! I love the fact that the Professors truly care about you and want to see you blossom into your full potential. I am proud to be an Alumni of such a wonderful Institution. Since graduating from Gwynedd, I feel confident and prepared to conquer my dreams, goals and so much more. Gwynedd Challenged me to be the best version of myself and I challenge you to do the same thing!
I am a junior, and I could not have found a better school for myself. Gwynedd's most exceptional attribute is its family atmosphere and the variety of activities it offers for the students which allowed me to make friends since I knew not one person coming to Gwynedd. Their weekly activities in ResHalls were the most beneficial as a freshman because they allowed me to form relationships. Gwynedd also has a variety of clubs that fit the needs of each student. I have made friends, joined clubs, and I have even become a Resident Assistant to help others with their transition. I also love the teachers here; the classes are small enough that students get to interact with them and feel like you matter to the teacher. I continue to enjoy my time at Gwynedd, and my advice for those who plan to attend or are attending Gwynedd is to get involved. The school is diverse and offers a variety of interests, and to make the best of your experience at Gwynedd take your time to enjoy the opportunities