Gustavus Adolphus College Reviews

I absolutely love the academics and the people here at gustavus! the team truly helps to make me a better person!
Gustavus Adolphus College is a 4 year residential school in Minnesota. This liberal arts college has a lot to offer through its small town and tight community. An aspect that I really enjoy is the small class sizes, allowing for more one on one time with other students and the professors. This small, yet beautiful campus has a lot to offer as the staff and students take pride in their community as it is one that remains constant, friendly, and diverse.
The school and departments are ok. The theater department is falling apart and needs a lot of help. It is a very toxic environment and need an incredible amount of help.
Start Your Review of Gustavus Adolphus College
I absolutely loved my time at Gustavus. I believe my liberal arts education prepared me to be a well rounded individual. I had exposure to many subjects and fields.
Student life if amazing. There are so many clubs and activities to be part of. There are always fun events occurring each weekend on campus.
The faculty and staff are so supportive. I love the small class sizes. The small class sizes helped me build strong relationships with my professors. I felt comfortable going up to them and asking for help when needed.
Lastly, the students and community at Gustavus is like no other. I have met some pretty amazing people. I love being surrounded by people who are so supportive and kind. Best time of my life.
I have had a pretty great overall experience at Gustavus. Three classes are interesting, professors are engaging, and there are a lot of great opportunities. The only thing I would say is that the people can be clique-y, but everyone can fit in somewhere.
I absolutely love Gustavus. It feels like my second home and the first time I walked on campus, I knew that this was the place that I wanted to spend the next four years of my life. One aspect of Gustavus that I am very grateful for is the liberal arts program we have here. With this program, we get exposure to many different aspects of learning, and not just learning about the topics related to your specific major. I am a science major and have taken english classes and religion classes, which I really enjoyed and never would have even thought of taking if I was not forced to. Professors also expect a lot from their students, which is a good thing because it pushes us all to be better and learn as much as possible, preparing us for the future in the real world.
I love Gustavus! It's an incredible community. I love that I can get to know my professors and they understand students learning and want to help you. The friendships I have formed here will last forever and so many good memories have been made!
It is a very close knit community, you seem to recognize almost everyone on campus. Everyone is very friendly and nice, you never have to worry about anyone.
If you're looking for a small, intimate college experience in a small town, Gustavus is a great school! The professors are fantastic and love getting to know you and helping you succeed. The food is excellent (nationally ranked) and the athletics are pretty good, too! It can get a bit cliquey since it's a small school but it's fun to recognize everyone and participate in a tight-knit community. These are people you will be friends with for a lifetime and an education that will help you achieve outstanding things -- nearly all of my friends from Gustavus have gone on to medical school, PA school, or other graduate schools!
Wonderful community that fostered both my desire for success and my need for higher education. The diversity of the college is surprisingly vast for the lutheran/private liberal arts background, and the atmosphere is very welcoming. The professors genuinely care for their students, both as learners and as people. The campus lifestyle is thriving, with both daytime activities and nightlife- but it isn't overwhelming to those who choose not to participate. Overall, an excellent place to spend your university years!
Fantastic 4-year liberal arts college with an incredible and tight-knit community, outstanding professors, and state-of-the-art programs and facilities that help to make you the most well-rounded student in your field of study. The campus is also indescribably beautiful and eco-friendly! They have a never-ending list of student organizations, sororities, national and international honor societies, and major/minor degree programs. 10/10 would recommend! #whyGustavus.
Gustavus Adolphus College is very beautiful, all of the facilities areamzing. The food is also very good, it reminds me of home cooked meals.
My advisor has been extremely helpful in planning out my course at Gustavus. The professors are keen on doing the best for their students and will put forward all their effort to help us succeed. The classes show logical thinking and are defiantly not the easiest but very intellectual and relevant classes. The homework is the perfect amount of harsh yet simple which is helpful when you are working and taking classes. The next three years i am looking forward too which helps with my moral.
Gustavus Adolphus College is a very welcoming atmosphere. Whether someone knows you or not, you are still very likely interact with them in some way. I would love to see the Lund center remodeled and updated.
Gustavus is a small community, and there is a ton of support. It has been several years since I have graduate, so I cannot attest to the current state of the college. I have many fond memories.
The community at Gustavus is fantastic. The professors and students are very helpful. The whole campus is set up very well and easy to maneuver around. I love the atmosphere here and the diversity of programs that Gustavus provides is fantastic.
My experience here is amazing. Everyone is really kind and open-minded. The classes are also going really well and there isn't much workload either in the classes. The only heads up that I should've got about this college is the weather during the winter. It's super windy which makes it freezing cold. But the view is beautiful in all seasons.
Start Your Review of Gustavus Adolphus College
I absolutely love Gustavus! The small school provides a great community and easily accessible professors. The academics are great and there are so many opportunities for involvement in the school.
College in general is a unique and exciting experience for every student, but at Gustavus I have found not just a location to live and learn, but truly a home and a family to call my own forever. Gustavus' staff, faculty, students, donors, and alums have made this a truly unforgettable experience that I am eternally grateful to have had the pleasure to enjoy. The academics are challenging, the food always delicious, and the support of classmates and colleagues has been second to none. Go Gusties!
Gustavus is located in a small town, with a close knit atmosphere. Everyone feels welcome at the school and in the town overall. There is complete inclusion for everyone and it is a great school to consider.