Gustavus Adolphus College Reviews

I love Gustavus! It's an incredible community. I love that I can get to know my professors and they understand students learning and want to help you. The friendships I have formed here will last forever and so many good memories have been made!
It is a very close knit community, you seem to recognize almost everyone on campus. Everyone is very friendly and nice, you never have to worry about anyone.
If you're looking for a small, intimate college experience in a small town, Gustavus is a great school! The professors are fantastic and love getting to know you and helping you succeed. The food is excellent (nationally ranked) and the athletics are pretty good, too! It can get a bit cliquey since it's a small school but it's fun to recognize everyone and participate in a tight-knit community. These are people you will be friends with for a lifetime and an education that will help you achieve outstanding things -- nearly all of my friends from Gustavus have gone on to medical school, PA school, or other graduate schools!
Start Your Review of Gustavus Adolphus College
Wonderful community that fostered both my desire for success and my need for higher education. The diversity of the college is surprisingly vast for the lutheran/private liberal arts background, and the atmosphere is very welcoming. The professors genuinely care for their students, both as learners and as people. The campus lifestyle is thriving, with both daytime activities and nightlife- but it isn't overwhelming to those who choose not to participate. Overall, an excellent place to spend your university years!
Fantastic 4-year liberal arts college with an incredible and tight-knit community, outstanding professors, and state-of-the-art programs and facilities that help to make you the most well-rounded student in your field of study. The campus is also indescribably beautiful and eco-friendly! They have a never-ending list of student organizations, sororities, national and international honor societies, and major/minor degree programs. 10/10 would recommend! #whyGustavus.
Gustavus Adolphus College is very beautiful, all of the facilities areamzing. The food is also very good, it reminds me of home cooked meals.
My advisor has been extremely helpful in planning out my course at Gustavus. The professors are keen on doing the best for their students and will put forward all their effort to help us succeed. The classes show logical thinking and are defiantly not the easiest but very intellectual and relevant classes. The homework is the perfect amount of harsh yet simple which is helpful when you are working and taking classes. The next three years i am looking forward too which helps with my moral.
Gustavus Adolphus College is a very welcoming atmosphere. Whether someone knows you or not, you are still very likely interact with them in some way. I would love to see the Lund center remodeled and updated.
Gustavus is a small community, and there is a ton of support. It has been several years since I have graduate, so I cannot attest to the current state of the college. I have many fond memories.
The community at Gustavus is fantastic. The professors and students are very helpful. The whole campus is set up very well and easy to maneuver around. I love the atmosphere here and the diversity of programs that Gustavus provides is fantastic.
My experience here is amazing. Everyone is really kind and open-minded. The classes are also going really well and there isn't much workload either in the classes. The only heads up that I should've got about this college is the weather during the winter. It's super windy which makes it freezing cold. But the view is beautiful in all seasons.
I absolutely love Gustavus! The small school provides a great community and easily accessible professors. The academics are great and there are so many opportunities for involvement in the school.
College in general is a unique and exciting experience for every student, but at Gustavus I have found not just a location to live and learn, but truly a home and a family to call my own forever. Gustavus' staff, faculty, students, donors, and alums have made this a truly unforgettable experience that I am eternally grateful to have had the pleasure to enjoy. The academics are challenging, the food always delicious, and the support of classmates and colleagues has been second to none. Go Gusties!
Gustavus is located in a small town, with a close knit atmosphere. Everyone feels welcome at the school and in the town overall. There is complete inclusion for everyone and it is a great school to consider.
The entire atmosphere of gustavus is extremely welcoming and all the students I've met in my time there are kind people. There's such a variety of things to get involved in and a multitude of available places to find support. Whether the support you need is academic or personal, there's always somebody around to talk to and get help from. I've had amazing, understanding professors and the classes are challenging, but so rewarding in ways that I never expected college courses to be. I feel my academic and philosophical ideas and understandings being pushed and changed and questioned each day, changing my worldly perspective each time. Gustavus is truly a place of honest learning and acceptance.
I love the overall atmosphere of this school. The professors and administration are extremely friendly and after visiting campus only twice I was able to recognize the staff and I felt welcomed from the first five minutes I stepped foot on campus. The faculty at Gustavus want the students to succeed and are extremely willing to help in any way they can. I am excited to be a part of their freshman class in the fall of 2018 and taking advantage of their many opportunities and activities.
Gustavus is a very liberal school, but has great athletics. The campus is beautiful on top of the hill. The food service is delicious and the variety is amazing.
Start Your Review of Gustavus Adolphus College
Not the best since the hill is a big feauturr of the school and the diversity lacks but once you meet a good group of people It's all worth it.
I love Gustavus because it is a small, close-knit community that cares deeply for not only the campus, but the rest of the world, too. At Gustavus, you feel connected - and as an introvert, that was a little overwhelming at times - to everyone. I was astounded by how updated everyone on campus was about current events, but everyone is also willing to listen to opinions that do not line up with their own, and really, I think that's what college should be about.
Gustavus did not provide me with a meaningful education. The professors ranged from the indifferent to the hostile, and most of the other students seemed largely interested in guzzling beer and hanging out. If you're interested in a genuine liberal arts education, look elsewhere.