Gustavus Adolphus College is ...
Private not-for-profit, Lutheran
NCAA Division III (with football)
Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Gustavus Adolphus College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.55 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.55 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.55 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.58 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.71 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.25 responses
Gustavus Adolphus College Reviews
Wonderful community that fostered both my desire for success and my need for higher education. The diversity of the college is surprisingly vast for the lutheran/private liberal arts background, and the atmosphere is very welcoming. The professors genuinely care for their students, both as learners and as people. The campus lifestyle is thriving, with both daytime activities and nightlife- but it isn't overwhelming to those who choose not to participate. Overall, an excellent place to spend your university years!
If you're looking for a small, intimate college experience in a small town, Gustavus is a great school! The professors are fantastic and love getting to know you and helping you succeed. The food is excellent (nationally ranked) and the athletics are pretty good, too! It can get a bit cliquey since it's a small school but it's fun to recognize everyone and participate in a tight-knit community. These are people you will be friends with for a lifetime and an education that will help you achieve outstanding things -- nearly all of my friends from Gustavus have gone on to medical school, PA school, or other graduate schools!
College in general is a unique and exciting experience for every student, but at Gustavus I have found not just a location to live and learn, but truly a home and a family to call my own forever. Gustavus' staff, faculty, students, donors, and alums have made this a truly unforgettable experience that I am eternally grateful to have had the pleasure to enjoy. The academics are challenging, the food always delicious, and the support of classmates and colleagues has been second to none. Go Gusties!