Gulf Coast State College Reviews

Gulf Coast State College is filled with friendly students and teachers. Most of the teachers are really good with helping make sure you understand the material. What I would like to see change is the amount of homework. Homework is a great study tool, but too much of it gets overwhelming especially if you don't understand the lectures. Teachers should lower the amount of homework they give students.
I feel like I have and will continue to have, a wonderful experience with Gulf Coast State College. The faculty and staff are so friendly and helpful, that it makes the tenure of my stay at Gulf Coast State College a worthwhile endeavor to be embarked on.
The location is great for someone not looking for a huge college town. I loved the classroom environment with 20-30 people.
Start Your Review of Gulf Coast State College
It is a very good clean school. The academic instructors in my program are great. I think some of the departments need to update their equipment for better learning, but overall is a great school
Gulf coast has many great teachers that are there to help you pass the class, but not baby you. As long as you have the desire to pass the class and communicate with your instructor, you will be set.
I like the teachers and the cost of attendance. The view is great also being near the beach. The degree options are excellent as well.
I did two semesters here at GCSC to finish up my Associates Degree before transferring to FSU. Overall I had a good experience. There are a lot of student activities on campus, but if you have classes in the middle of the day, you will most likely miss them. The class sizes range from 20-25 students per class, but all of the professors I had were very accessible and open to help outside of class. I would suggest going here if you want a lot of help and need to finish up an AA before you go on to a large University.
The school is not super expensive like other colleges around this area and some buildings are really nice and advanced. However, the science buildings need alot of work done on them.
Gulf Coast State College is a small state college with professors willing to help you become as successful as you will allow yourself to be. Located in Panama City, Florida it's right on the water and is a beautiful place to go to school with some of the world's most renown beaches just minutes away. GCSC also has very successful NJCAA athletics known for sending their student-athletes to a wide range of Division 1 schools.
Gulf Coast State college is a great step for preparation for higher learning and job opportunities. Professors are great, some can be rude though.
Gulf Coast State College is a very diverse campus. The age demographic is very wide. It's not only common to see fresh out of high school students but also thirty or forty-year-old students wanting a career change.

Also, each school year the college is expanding its programs to offer quality careers in new workforces. For example, unmanned vehicles and 3D printing (not only plastic, their culinary program has a 3D chocolate printer).

With a student ratio of 18:1, they have smaller classes that allow more time to be available for questions and in-depth conversations in class topics.

I'm very proud to be a Commodore!
They have a dedicated staff to assist students in choosing career goals. The experience I have had there has been outstanding. The staff is extremely helpful.
Great begginer or transfer college. Alot of great and very poor professors. WAY OVERPRICED food, coffee, and books. Not alot of campus life
Gulf Coast State College was a great school to receive me RN degree. The professors and staff take a personal interest in your success.
Gulf Coast State College is great for those wishing to earn an AA degree and save money before transferring to another college or university. Most of the professors are great, and if you struggle in their class, they all offer office hours and reply to emails in a timely manner. There's also a free math lab and free writing lab.

The campus is small compared to other universities and you can easily walk from one end of the campus to the other. For the size, there's a lot of clubs and student activity, but I haven't gotten very involved myself. Because it used to be a community college, there's no housing or dorms.

Most of the books required for class can be rented off Amazon or sometimes rented from the book store itself so you don't have to spend hundreds on a book you'll use for one semester.
I really enjoy how honest and helpful the teachers and staff are. I really feel like they care if everyone is successful.
I am a dual-enrolled student at Gulf Coast State College and I have been thrilled with my experience here. The bay-side campus is well located for students from Panama City Beach or even Panama City proper. The staff and faculty are always ready to help with any issues you may have.
Start Your Review of Gulf Coast State College
Gulf Coast State College is an overall wonderful school. The professors are friendly and always exchange "hi's" on their way to their next class. Most professors here are always willing to help you succeed academically. The campus is also located in a beautiful area too. Sitting right by the bay, it is nice to take a break and go by the water. Overall, if you want a smaller school with beautiful views Gulf Coast State College is the place for you!
Over all my experience at Gulf Coast State College has been filled with mixed feelings. When I first started college, I went to see an advisor to see what classes I needed to take for my degree. They signed me up for a class I didn't need and I had to end up withdrawing. This set me behind in my original goal. On the other hand, I've had other faculty members help me in numerous way. I'd like to see advisor take time to actually take time to listen to what students have to say instead of signing them up for whatever class they see fit.
Gulf Coast State College is the most appropriate school if you want to have small classes and get to know your professors better.