Gulf Coast State College Reviews

The school is not super expensive like other colleges around this area and some buildings are really nice and advanced. However, the science buildings need alot of work done on them.
Gulf Coast State College is a small state college with professors willing to help you become as successful as you will allow yourself to be. Located in Panama City, Florida it's right on the water and is a beautiful place to go to school with some of the world's most renown beaches just minutes away. GCSC also has very successful NJCAA athletics known for sending their student-athletes to a wide range of Division 1 schools.
Gulf Coast State college is a great step for preparation for higher learning and job opportunities. Professors are great, some can be rude though.
Start Your Review of Gulf Coast State College
Gulf Coast State College is a very diverse campus. The age demographic is very wide. It's not only common to see fresh out of high school students but also thirty or forty-year-old students wanting a career change.

Also, each school year the college is expanding its programs to offer quality careers in new workforces. For example, unmanned vehicles and 3D printing (not only plastic, their culinary program has a 3D chocolate printer).

With a student ratio of 18:1, they have smaller classes that allow more time to be available for questions and in-depth conversations in class topics.

I'm very proud to be a Commodore!
They have a dedicated staff to assist students in choosing career goals. The experience I have had there has been outstanding. The staff is extremely helpful.
Great begginer or transfer college. Alot of great and very poor professors. WAY OVERPRICED food, coffee, and books. Not alot of campus life
Gulf Coast State College was a great school to receive me RN degree. The professors and staff take a personal interest in your success.
Gulf Coast State College is great for those wishing to earn an AA degree and save money before transferring to another college or university. Most of the professors are great, and if you struggle in their class, they all offer office hours and reply to emails in a timely manner. There's also a free math lab and free writing lab.

The campus is small compared to other universities and you can easily walk from one end of the campus to the other. For the size, there's a lot of clubs and student activity, but I haven't gotten very involved myself. Because it used to be a community college, there's no housing or dorms.

Most of the books required for class can be rented off Amazon or sometimes rented from the book store itself so you don't have to spend hundreds on a book you'll use for one semester.
I really enjoy how honest and helpful the teachers and staff are. I really feel like they care if everyone is successful.
I am a dual-enrolled student at Gulf Coast State College and I have been thrilled with my experience here. The bay-side campus is well located for students from Panama City Beach or even Panama City proper. The staff and faculty are always ready to help with any issues you may have.
Gulf Coast State College is an overall wonderful school. The professors are friendly and always exchange "hi's" on their way to their next class. Most professors here are always willing to help you succeed academically. The campus is also located in a beautiful area too. Sitting right by the bay, it is nice to take a break and go by the water. Overall, if you want a smaller school with beautiful views Gulf Coast State College is the place for you!
Over all my experience at Gulf Coast State College has been filled with mixed feelings. When I first started college, I went to see an advisor to see what classes I needed to take for my degree. They signed me up for a class I didn't need and I had to end up withdrawing. This set me behind in my original goal. On the other hand, I've had other faculty members help me in numerous way. I'd like to see advisor take time to actually take time to listen to what students have to say instead of signing them up for whatever class they see fit.
Gulf Coast State College is the most appropriate school if you want to have small classes and get to know your professors better.
h My experience hasn't been so bad. I really like the professors and the classes. I wish they offered more times for different classes and different summer classes though because i do have children and a full time job. also i have been out of school for a long time so when i first enrolled i wish they would have taken the time to explain things to me. I didn't realize that campus existed or that i was supposed to be on it doing assignments so i started out behind.
Very friendly environment. Truly gives you a taste of southern hospitality. Various ways to be involved in the community through school programs. Students are very social and they include every one in on and off campus events. It’s a very diverse group of students arranging from all ages and ethnic backgrounds. Class sizes are smaller and allows teachers to develop a relationship and better understand their students strengths and weaknesses. Advisors are very helpful and friendly. The only bad thing is the traffic going to and leaving from school.
I love this campus. Everyone is very nice. Academics are good and the vibe is awesome. The bay is right across from the college, which is amazing!
This is a pretty small college, which means low costs/fees and small class sizes. I saved a lot of money staying home and earning my AA degree here, and the credits are pretty easy to transfer just about anywhere, especially FSU.
Start Your Review of Gulf Coast State College
In my experience, this college is of great value and good learning. It may be small but, that doesn't take away from its quality. I am just a freshman right now but, I hope I get as much enjoyment out of this college as I can.
The advisors who work at Gulf Coast do not know what they're doing. I saw 3 separate advisors and got 3 completely different answers to questions I had.
I like how everyone gets along and there is a diversity of cultures and ethnicity. The professors i have had so far are awesome and very helpful!