Guam Community College Reviews

Supportive, and professional staff and faculty! Campus grounds are well maintained and gives us students a sense of pride for our local college. The people I've also met have become apart of my professional network as well.
The environment at GCC is warm and inviting. It makes you feel like you're not even in college, transition wise from high school to college or going back to college. I wouldn't want anything to change.
The atmosphere at Guam Community college is very friendly, inviting and provides a good transitional environment for those who are just starting college and who are coming back to school. The staff is very attentive and friendly. I wouldn't want anything to change, because I don't think anything needs to be changed.
Start Your Review of Guam Community College
My first semester of college was different from my high school years of learning. I also finally got a chance to start on my medical degree. That I was not able to do in high school.
I’ve been attending GCC since Fall of 2015. I think this community college is very open to everybody and everyone is welcome especially with festivals and other events. All the employees are very kind and they’re willing to help people in need. The only thing I can suggest for improvement is the students parking, preferably parking with shades most importantly for people with disabilities.
My experience is I like Guam community college because it cool .
And the only things to change is they need to build a gym up for are own school and The thing about Guam community college is the program there a re so cool and nice and all the classes that we need to take from uog is there and is also cheaper then University of Guam and from the other colleges.
The teachers and faculty are very encouraging when it comes to continuing your education. They are very helpful and accommodating. I am able to take some night classes to fit work schedule. I wish that they offered more night and weekend classes, but overall they do put the schedules of employed students into consideration.
They are very involved with the students academics and will help accommodate you if you have any issues, the only thing i wish they had was a gym to go work out or play basketball and a field.
The professors and instructors make sure that they set you up to succeed, not set you up to fail. Their main priority is making sure that the students understand the material being taught, and that the students are receiving what they are paying for.
Great School but staff needs to be more helpful with enrollment and take advantage of more grants and scholarships to assist students.
The Guam Community College opens a comfortable and environmentally friendly campus. As you walk through the campus you'll notice recycling bins nearby, almost everywhere! and if you actually look or take a glimpse inside you'll see the disposed contents in their designated bins. Plastics in the plastic bins, cans in the aluminum cans bin. Goes to show how the environmentally friendly atmosphere has a positive influence on us, the students. The Guam Community College makes college life comfortable and you, personally, will feel at ease. In all honesty the facilities are great, but majority of the time the school experiences low water pressure which then the school ends up having to close some restrooms. I think that's possibly one of the changes I would like to see with GCC; to have less experiences with low water pressure. Because when our building's restroom is closed it's very inconvenient having to exit the building to walk to another building that has a functioning restroom.
Guam Community College is an awesome school. They are a hands on college that has so much to offer. I am an Education major and while I was at GCC, the Education department provided me with all the tools I needed to transfer to the University of Guam. They have friendly faculty and staff members that will help you in any way possible. If Guam Community College was a 4-year program, I would definitely consider staying to finish my degree. Thank you GCC!
The classes are well kept and always clean. The campus is beautiful and the professors, faculty, and staff are always willing to help. The equipment is in great condition and works really well.
The Guam Community College is a fun and interactive college filled with many opportunities such as tutoring services and club activities. The students and professors are very friendly and would gladly help you throughout your college journey to becoming part of the workforce on Guam. Many buildings are being renovated to ensure a good learning environment for all students who attend the college. There are many fun things to do such as joining clubs and spending time with students at the student lounge. The school also has friendly faculty members who can help you with problems and can guide you through the majority of your college path.
The people are so welcoming! There is a smaller teacher to student ratio, so it's easier to gain your instructor's attention. The teachers are very knowledgeable in their fields and are so helpful. If only there was enough funding to completely enclose the campus.
My experience as a student here at Guam Community College (GCC), has motivated me to become successful as an Early Childhood Education major (ECE). The community here is fun, safe, and positive.
This is my first year here and already it's an amazing school. The staff here are really intellectual and cool. The buildings, although being renovated, still easy to access and find. Though, the school needs to fix their buildings, the technology is up to date and a blast to use! Just a great college with amazing individuals working and attending here!
Start Your Review of Guam Community College
I love the atmosphere of GCC. The professors I've had were all very helpful! Rather than sticking to the classroom and the book, GCC instructors are more interested in bringing the outside world into the classroom for first hand experience.
The main thing I like about this college is how most of the instructors seem to have a genuine interest in the students education and success. Most offer to meet outside of instructional hours. Most tend to remember names and faces. A lot of the instructors are very experienced and/or well educated on their subject matter. For example, a criminal investigations instructor spent a decade or more as the director of the local police department's Criminal Investigations Division.

The main thing I dislike about the school is the lack of convenient class schedules in the interests of graduating in a timely matter. For those who work full-time, including myself, it is a challenge/difficulty to find and register for classes that do not conflict with work schedules. Many classes are not offered outside of full-time work time periods. The lack of options provides an inconvenience. However, it is understandable due to the fact that many of the instructors are only part-time instructors.
Guam Community College has given me the chance to learn new skills and opened up alot of new opportunities for my future. The campus is well maintained, really clean and also has a big library with lots of books to take out and read and use for projects and homeworks. It also has computer rooms which allows students with no internet or computer access at home to do their work on campus. The professors are great and all the other staff.