Guam Community College Reviews

Guam Community College is one of the best colleges on Guam. The college is affordable and the teachers are hands on with their students. What I would like to see a change is more buildings to be installed such as a gym and dorms.
Being completely honest, since there are only two colleges on Guam, the options here are not so great. The reason I chose Guam Community College was because that it was cheaper and student to teacher ratios were better compared to the other campus on island. GCC has a great learning environment! The campus is always clean and the faculty and staff are always looking for ways to better the campus and student life here at GCC. The teachers here at GCC always reach out to students to improve their class and teaching ethics. The only problem I would have with GCC currently is the parking, there’s not that much parking at the campus and there are not that many security guards keeping watch over the campus, you only see them at night.
Guam Community College is a very helpful place. They help you through your registration process to applying for financial aid. Also if you are behind or in need of any educational help, they offer free tutoring. If you are hungry or thirsty there are two places you can go to on campus, Porta Mocha and BCS Cafe. The food is really delicious and I would recommend it to people. People are friendly all around and it is very diverse.
Start Your Review of Guam Community College
I love the vibrant atmosphere, friendly and approachable faculty and staff, and I value the importance of being active in student organizations. Many faculty and staff are active in events which is so wonderful to see.
Overall, my experience has been a good one. I appreciate how I'm able to go at my own pace and how helpful faculty and staff can be.
I recently just finished my first semester of college at GCC and I am pleased to say that it was a great experience. Although I registered late, I was still able to get into the classes I needed. Great professors, renovated buildings, tons of student life activities. Great school!
My college experience at Guam Community College is fundamental and the learning environment is at a fast-pace, which I like. What I love about GCC is that it is different from the University of Guam, the professors and staff really care about your education, & they help you w/ any questions you have.
Faculty and staff are very friendly and welcoming. Great learning experience! The teachers make sure you leave the classroom with knowledge on the lesson. They also make sure you are prepared for any future classes you may need; they prepare you academically and mentally.
I love how helpful the staff and professors are at the school. The library is a quiet and perfect work space for studying. The classes are clean and comfortable and everything on campus is pretty much in well working condition. There is also strong wifi that runs throughout the campus.
Guam Community College gives the atmosphere of having a close-knit school. The school staff and instructors make sure their students are all on the same page. Students are encouraged to reach out to instructors anytime.
My experience in Guam Community College was good for the most part. I like the festivals that they do once every semester. The many different club/organizations they have is good too. I don't really have any major problems with it. There are some minor problems. Just things that people get annoyed by. For example: Misinformation. I have had a problem in the past in terms of information. I was told one thing then later told something else that posed a problem. However, it was nothing that I couldn't handle. Another, is the amount of cafes that are on the campus. There is two. One is kind of like an Asian restaurant called BCS, the other is a coffee shop. In terms of student services, they really need to work on a few services for individuals with disabilities.
I like the environment. I feel safe, the teachers are pretty helpful, and the library is pretty accessible. One thing that I hate about GCC are the post lights in the parking lot. Most of them are burnt out already and the maintenance doesn't change the lights.
How i like Guam Community College i liked the fact that they give you hands on experience and help you with your desire career. The school taught how to be reasonable with others no matter how bad the situation is. I’ve been attending GCC for two years and honestly, It gets better each semester because of the teachers and students I have worked with.
Great local community college that compliments the Island lifestyle of Guam. Student to teacher ratio is low and makes teachers focus more individually rather than not paying attention.
I love how comfortable I feel at the Community College. The teachers are awesome at what they do! I'm happy I chose this school for numerous reasons. For one, I admire most of the professors' teaching styles. I am so grateful for the mentorship, tutoring and academic advising that I have received within my first few semesters. All of those services have helped me so much! I wouldn't have stayed focused and less stress without it. I am also grateful for the scholarships that is available for us students. I really appreciate the Project Aim club, because they really help students with financial need. They also provide free printing services, which the library does not; so it's good if you're just in a rush and you can grab your papers right away without having to gather all your loose change to pay for it.
The school staffs are so friendly. I met a lot of nice people and befriended with them. The classes are not that boring compared to what I've expected. The library, that became my second home, is really helpful whenever I need to study, though sometimes it's really cold in there.
Two semesters in, I have enjoyed my college experience at GCC so far. The professors I have had so far are incredible at their jobs and very accommodating. The campus is very clean, and very "friendly" looking. The library in particular is my favorite place to be at.
Start Your Review of Guam Community College
GCC has a great Education faculty and staff. The atmosphere on campus is very warm and comforting, not too intimidating at all.
Supportive, and professional staff and faculty! Campus grounds are well maintained and gives us students a sense of pride for our local college. The people I've also met have become apart of my professional network as well.
The environment at GCC is warm and inviting. It makes you feel like you're not even in college, transition wise from high school to college or going back to college. I wouldn't want anything to change.