Grossmont College Reviews

1,080 reviews
it was very well organized. I recently went on a campus visit in regards of football and everything was set for the players to enjoy the campus. seating was arranged and the athletes were fed. also they made sure everyone was giving the important paper work they needed if they had any more questions
Great campus for new college students. It is a very welcoming place to be. Teachers are very helpful. Many resources are available to all students.
My experience at Grossmont College has been alright. One thing is that there are students of all ages and it's harder to make friends due to it not having dorms. The professors do their jobs well and get the necessary material to students.The campus is very small and about as big as my high school. The nursing department is very beautiful and it really stands out. The campus is diverse with different age and races. The student life and campus food is not worth good so I rarely spend extra time on campus unless I'm studying in between classes. Counselors don't spend much time genuinely helping you. Overall, it is a community college so i didn't expect it to be amazing. I am getting what I need from the college to pursue my education but pratically nothing else.
Start Your Review of Grossmont College
Grossmont is a great place to continue your education!The staff here is amazing they all truly want to see you succeed.
The college has wonderful professors. They are all genuinely interested in your education and are very open to questions and they always offer office hours. There is great diversity there and the safety is always a number one concern. There is no dorms or housing.
Out of the San Diego community colleges, I highly recommend Grossmont as the one worth going to. This college offers more courses than other community colleges, especially for languages. I went here because all Japanese levels are offered here. This also has a transfer program, which I am using. I've received many discounts just from the school store itself, which I've taken advantage of. There are free tutoring programs, and I've gone to the Japanese tutor, who was helpful in my studies.
Grossmont College is a is a place of diversity for students to further their education. The opportunities that each individual is given allows them to become stronger students.
The professors are excellent! I would like to see the quality of the food improve, however. Also, there is always something going on in the center of the college, which keeps things lively, which is especially important right when the semester gets stressful!
For a community college, this is very affordable, but had everything I needed to transfer. The music, science, and nursing departments were great. It is a pretty large campus.
Grossmont college is a great opportunity to begin one's career choices. Faculty and staff really help students to try and succeed.
I am a freshman in college and this will be my first time attending grossmont. So far the college campus is very nice and clean, educators and staff are willing to help with anything you need and everyone is very kind and helpful. I can't wait to attend this fall.
The campus is beautiful and the classes are easy. I learn a lot without being too challenged, which I consider perfect. The food is really good for a school campus. Since it's not a big university, there's no dorms, not very good athletics, and parties aren't common.
It's small but it's amazing community college and everyone is loving here. The counselors help you a lot when it comes to choosing a major. The business department is great and they help you get into bigger universities. I have enjoyed my time and will be transferring 2018 but so far it has been great to me.
I appreciate all the professor's professionalism. They've all exemplified the standards that Grossmont has to offer. My only issue is my wish for their treatment of the mentally ill to improve. It's not so much the teachers who are at fault, but rather the training that they have no received. There is a misunderstanding between teachers and mentally ill students who struggle with performing simple tasks such as being in class. However, there is a wonderful sense of empathy and hope of understanding that the teachers have. They want to understand, they want to learn, they just lack the training and experience.
Grossmont College is all around a good school, when it comes the the students, the staff and the campus it is all very welcoming
I love this school. I've spent 4 years here looking for my passion and I've found it. Also, the school has done wonders in helping me discover something that I actually want to do rather than something I simply should do since it makes money. Not only that, but I have multiple resources to help me get to where I want to, and they have a plethora of resources to help me pay for my education.
I like that they have options for so many different online classes because due to working full time with some overtime I can't always go onto campus for a class and the online classes I like because I can do them anywhere if needed and even work. I like the campus it is pretty nice and the staff make you feel safe if there is an issue.
Start Your Review of Grossmont College
Although it is a two year college, most students are here for longer. I had nothing but good experiences here for the four years I attended. The classes are small, the campus is great, the professors are excellent, and I will genuinely miss this school. My only complaint is that there need to be more options for evening classes that don't always interfere or overlap with other courses. There were a few semesters when I was only in two classes because they didn't offer the classes I needed in the evening or if they did, the times all overlapped.
For the most part, the professors at Grossmont want the students to succeed, and give them everything they need to do well in the classes. The campus is very good and easy to get familiar with. The service centers are very helpful and provide students with everything they need.
Grossmont College is a great school. The campus is really nice and you have a lot of tools that will help you pass your classes. But you should choose carefully the professor, some are really though grades and aren't helpful, but you can make it work with all the help that you receive from the school.