Grossmont College Reviews

1,109 reviews
Grossmont College is a good school for students to attend if they are undecided on their major. From my experience all of the professors that I had have been very helpful. The campus is very clean and is a decent size. Grossmont is a very friendly environment and has diversity.
Pros: wide variety of classes, helpful counselors, allied health programs, offers many resources, great professors

Cons: parking is hell during the first couple weeks

While taking classes at Grossmont College, I have never encountered a terrible teacher. All of my professors have been passionate about their jobs and have always attended to any of my classmates' issues. As for the counseling department, the counselors have always gone out of their way to help. Grossmont College offers allied health programs such as Occupational Therapy Assistant or Nursing at a very inexpensive price.
Overall, Grossmont's campus is very nice. The parking is very scarce, especially the first few weeks of each semester. As a science major, the science classes are very impacted and unless you get a good registration date, you probably will have to wait list or wait until next semester to get in.
Start Your Review of Grossmont College
I appreciate how Grossmont College gives everyone the opportunity to continue their education in order to better their lives.
My first impression of Grossmont college was "wow this campus is huge!" As I learned more information about transferring I realized other universities are ten times bigger. Size does not matter that much in college in my opinion. The professors,the academics, and the students are what truly matter. Grossmont college has wonderful professors. They truly care about you reaching your goals and being successful, they enjoy helping not because they have to but because they want to. The classes at Grossmont have an endless variety, you can accomplish almost anything. If you struggle, Grossmont has free tutoring that helps in any course. They are there for you when you need them. From my experience all the students I have had are all so nice and that makes Grossmont a friendly environment.
This is my first year attending Grossmont as a freshman in college nd so far the professors I have are truly helpful and know exactly how to explain each topic thoroughly with no misunderstandings or confusion. The environment is clean and well organized as well which makes me even more excited to start my journey through college to transfer over to a four year college to pursue my dream I hope comes true which is becoming a veterinarian to help any and every animal I come across with my passion in my heart towards that career.
I m currently student at Grossmont College. This is my first attended college in the USA. The first reason that I picked this college is I drove around and saw the college located on the peaceful area and natural surrounding. I knew that my ability of learning, it supposed to be this college. So far, I never regret myself to study here. I met my ESL professor, She is very kind and talent person; therefore, she makes me enjoy writing class (which I knew everyone hates essay, well same as mine), but she always encourage, help me. She would sit, talk and find the way to help me get through the course. In the end of the course, we still keep in touch. Which she just like the tree that give a best advice to me. I voted for Grossmont college. They care of you and encourage you.
It is a great Community College. I have been able to get into the classes I need and most of the professors were amazing. It is financially the best choice for me too while completing general courses.
Overall, I've had a wonderful experience at Grossmont College. It is a great place to get an associates degree or your general education done before transferring to university. I have had some of the best professors in my life there, as well as the worst. Even though I've had some bad ones, there were always other options and lots of reviews for the students to give input about professors to the school. I think the student life here is pretty nonexistent, but that's what you see in most community colleges and don't really get until university. Grossmont has definitely prepared me for university and I am looking forward to apply what I've learned here to my education at UCSD.
Grossmont college is a well built Campus here in El Cajon, CA with a vary of diverse and friendly people. New year more tax and interest rates but having such a money friendly college is so helpful to be motivated without the unnecessary stress to continue your education. With having only about 18,618 students enrolled there is more one on one interaction compared going to several other community colleges here in California. Staff and the students have made this Campus such a great experience.
great school with good teachers. financial aid office and the DREAM team are extremely helpful. this school has a lot of good recourses for students that what to continue their education.
Great community college close to freeways with public transportation access. The campus is beautiful with a lot of new upgrades.
Small campus and class sizes. Friendly instructors. Convenient location. The supports in place are helpful for new students. The counseling department is difficult to get an initial appointment with, but then they are very helpful at making sure you have a strong plan for success.
counseling is rough. better off doing it on your own. generally good staff of professors. welcoming and fun environment on campus.
I had an overall good experience at Grossmont College. The only downfall about the school is the lack of classes. A majority of the course fill up quickly when registration starts and it becomes very difficult to get the classes a student needs that will work well with their schedule.
I have been very pleased with the class selection and professors. The campus is welcoming for all ages.
So far my experience at Grossmont College has been pretty great. The professors usually teach at other University's, such as SDSU and UCSD. It's great to have these professors that teach at acclaimed university's, and be able to receive the same kind of education at a community college, that people are paying a lot more money at 4 year universities. In my opinion, that is the best part about Grossmont College, the intimate classroom sizes, with amazing professors.
Start Your Review of Grossmont College
The professors are great! I would say high ratings on the course subjects taught. However, they have a horrible counseling/financial aid department. The counselors are not well trained. You get more help through a student ran peer system or through other resources, such as the office that tests you for learning disabilities. A man I met there is very sensitive to your needs and guides you with real people referrals that he trusts. They do have great talks there though. The food is pricey. I question how they use their money there... bathrooms are almost always dirty and smell.
I like the cafeteria area, the big campus, and the people around the campus itself are quite friendly in my opinion. They offer a great wide variety of classes, and sports you can take to earn credits.
I like how the teachers are actually very helpful and try to see students do better. The counselors and financial aid office is very helpful as well.