1. Auburn, WA
  2. 4 Year

Green River Community College Reviews

Green River College is a nice college. It is not too big of a campus but it is larger enough that you feel there's plenty to do. Student Union building is pretty neat, you can relax a bit with your friends on your time off and such.
Filled with a community of diverse students. The diversity brought opportunities to learn more about the cultures around the world. People came from Tanzania, China, South Korea, Malaysia, etc.
I like that they told you what classes were going to be in what quarter and their wise range of times for the classes.
Plenty of great teachers and classes. It's located in a great area. They've been expanding their major options to include BA programs as well. It's a great value for the educational experience. The only downside was parking, ask anyone.
I love Green River College. I feel welcome im every single class and I have teachers that care for me and are willing to help. The students are great and I always feel safe.
The availability overall is good, except sometimes the classes you need aren't there.
The workload can be a lot depending on what you're taking, but overall they're very easy. class discussions within forums are common.
My professors were very knowledgeable and great teachers. Though, there were a couple that I wasn't a fan off, but overall, I liked them!
I definitely learned A LOT more in 2 years of college than 4 years in high school.
  • Recent Alumnus
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
Definitely a good college. Always preferred the less urbanized setting, so it was definitely a fit for me. Parking lot wars are absolute hell, so it's best to take classes either really early or in the afternoon! A LOT of international students. It's a good chance to meet new people.
I would rate this school 5 stars, but due to the strike, there was many complications with students and teachers. But the teachers did their best to try and resolve the issue. Other than this minor set back, Green River is a wonderful school with great teachers who truly care for their students. There hasn't been a single class I haven't enjoyed, even online classes!
Pretty campus, but not much rain cover. Not the easiest to navigate. High Asian population. Almo smoking
Applying is easy, but once applied the folks in financial aid are no help
  • College Sophomore
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
Depends on the teacher what quality education you get.
Really check teachers on Rate My Professor
The classes I need so far have not interfered with my work schedule. I am disappointed in the selection of hybrid classes as most of them are daily as opposed to primarily online.
I have not yet started my online classes. There is one class that I need to transfer that has been cancelled and I do not know why yet.
I wish the history teachers cared more about their classes. They let a lot of students fall through the cracks. The PE classes are great.
Using the classes taken here as a stepping stone to further education or life experience is very worthwhile.
  • College Senior
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
I am going here to transfer to a technical college. The classes I am currently taking apply to my program but are general courses.