Green River Community College Reviews

Classes are small which means a lot of individual attention, but there is a limited variety and class schedule times due to it being a smaller school.
Green River College is a very diverse learning environment with many opportunities for students to become leaders on campus and participate in activities.
Great place to get an AA. A lot of good professors, just make sure you check rate my professor a head of time.
Start Your Review of Green River Community College
I like having the opportunity to be going back to school for the 6th time and not being judged for having this many attempts to finish. I love the support I’ve received from most of the professors and administrators. And that’s even with me taking mostly online courses.
Parking is a hassle. Lots of trees though to look at. Teachers are a hit or miss, sometimes theyre really awesome but others should not work as a part professor. Clean air at the college because of all the surrounding nature though.
I enjoy waking up every morning and going to this school, which is a huge step up from when I was in high school. The atmosphere of GRCC is very pleasant and everyone seems to be in good mood. All of the professors I've had so far have been willing to engage with their students in order to help them reach their maximum potential. There is a wide variety of courses to chose from, perfect for any student.
I love the campus, it's small and well maintained. There's lots of trees and trails. Parking is pretty terrible, but there's buses and shuttles. There's a good variety of classes, and the majority of my professors were very good.
I don't have much to compare to, but overall this is a good school. I like that it's a small campus, though parking is a challenge. I've had some great teachers and some that were not at all, but they didn't continue teaching.
Coming in as a younger student I was afraid that the professors and other students wouldn't treat me as an equal but the second my classes started I felt welcomed. The majority of the teachers were super involved with the students and most of my classes I looked forward to attending everyday.
Green River College has a great community of students, with an abundance of great student lead clubs and activities. Nearly every holiday from every culture you can expect to have a fun, educational, and enriching event. The relationships you can build with the instructors and the opportunities that they give you are priceless. Green River faculty really and truly want you to succeed. They aren’t trying to weed you out, they are trying to teach you. I have been presented with so many opportunities to learn and grow through work, research, and leadership opportunities. The campus is modern and full of nature. The academics here are top notch, and I properly prepare students to succeed if they choose to continue with their education with a bachelors.
My two years are Green River College was a great experience! Many of the professors I had were very passionate about the class and were ready to help me during their office hours. The counselors are kind and helpful. I recommend future students to make good use of the Writing Center and Math Center for help on assignments, as these are useful places to get tutor help.
Green river has a great campus and exceptional staff members. All of the professors are super helpful and provide great class support. The professors create safe and comfortable class environments and are reasonable when it comes to grading. One thing I would change is the parking fine procedure. They do not give warnings, they will fine you for the first violation even if it is unclear why you are receiving the ticket. There is also some disorganization in the office when it comes to certain things like the wamap placement tests or degree auditing. I over all have enjoyed my experience at Green River and would recommend it to anyone who is trying to complete a two year degree before transferring to a four year university.
Green River was a great school. The one thing I'd change were, the rate my professors would always freak me out and were not reliable especially since I was a running start student. Other than that, if you went to class, paid attention, took good notes, and did what you were supposed to with help when needed, you were successful. I had a few instances where I had to teach myself things but I believe most of the teachers are there for your success.
I took three classes this year at Green River which consisted of two in-class courses and one online. My professors were helpful and knowledgeable in their field. The online course I took could have been better if my professor was available for course work questions and clarifications.
Very good school haven't been there yet and the staff treats me like I'm one of theirs. Also if I ever need help with anything like payments or whatever it is, they have payment plans ready for me.
Very diverse but politically biased to left wing. During my experience here I have noticed the sacrifice for freedom to express ones views for a campus safe environment. Any speech considered hateful towards any other group even if left at a discussion level is not tolerated in the social platform.
Awesome School! Would recommend anyone attending to take courses to transfer to 4 year. Exceptional Staff! Especially STEM fields.
Start Your Review of Green River Community College
Green River is a small college with a diverse and hardworking student body.
The staff is friendly, the campus is clean and welcoming, and education opportunities are plentiful.
Green River College is one like no other. I've never been somewhere where everyone got accepted the way they are. No matter where you're from, what your religion is, how you look, sexual preference, goals in life, etc. The campus is small and you easily see people you know by walking around. Professors really know you and care, like about your grades, or if you have difficulties with a certain class. There are a lot of international students from all over the world and there is a big advising team for both domestic and international students who help you any way they can to meet your needs. I live in the campus corner apartments next to the college which is a really nice place to live. They offer clean private bedrooms in a four bedroom, two bathroom apartments. The college also has a great student life office! They organize all sorts of trips on weekends, from hikes in national parks to rock climbing and trips to zoo's or Seattle.
Green River has been a major stepping stone in my educational career. They graciously accepted my admission, years after discontinuing attendance due to hardships of life. The professors have been, and are, both very patient and encouraging while I progress in the college level standards. Green River has taught me a lot about myself I would not have known otherwise. They have a program called TRiO, which has been my main advisory and companion throughout the Associate degree process. Their guidance has relieved me of so much confusion and stress during these critical times. Thanks to Green River, I am now on track to attaining my Bachelors of Business Administration with a major in Accounting.