Green River Community College Reviews

The environment, teachers, and all students are very open to learning and providing opportunities to everyone at Green River.
Green river is a beautiful campus, very green and earthy with a lot of diversity and protection against discrimination. Crimes are little to none and are always reported through the student email. Every professor I have had is kind and willing to work with you and state their expectations at the beginning of the quarter and do not tend to change it through out. The website and everything is easy to navigate and understand (as an English speaker). The only thing negative would be that financial aid needs to be more specific about what forms need to be filled out, whether online or on campus.
I'm heading into my second year at Green River Community College. The difference in the amount that teachers care about the students' success is drastic. I've had teachers go all out to make sure I understand the material, things like meeting with me outside of office hours or giving me extra material to study. However, a few of my professors, especially the older ones, have been reluctant to answer questions or communicate with students about confusing assignments. There's not a lot of student life or a big party scene. It's a great place to go for focusing on school, especially if you're not entirely sure what you want to major in or what classes to take. The counselors help you figure out what you want to do and how to get there. Overall Green River Community College has been a good experience.
Review Green River Community College
Green River has a beautiful campus and a very large catalog of courses to choose from. The class size is small and the instructors really take the time to assist you with any issues that might pop up.
As far as I'm concerned for a community college this is as good as it gets! It is certainly much better than other alternatives such as Highline. Green River has a beautiful library and student center. It has been awhile since I attended but most of my professors were fantastic other than one Jewish guy who taught English. He had political views like Rush Limbaugh and he would get all crazy about it and get red in the face each day and yell because his class was all about politics, even though it shouldn't have been. I don't remember his name but I hope he has retired. I can't really comment on the cafeteria food as I usually brought my own lunch. I know many of my friends enjoyed the food though. You will still pay quite a bit for textbooks, but you can get some used ones for a lesser price.
I enjoy the campus at this school. It is set back in the woods and has a nice flow to it. I also like all the different programs offered. The thing that made me choose Green River, was that their PTA program is highly regarded and has been around for many many years. I would, however, like to see there be better advising, and clearer financial aid counseling. I feel like I just get run around the bush whenever I am looking for help and guidance.
Having received over 100 credits at this College I have much experience in its life and education. Over the several years of my attendance, many new buildings have made there way unto the campus making it an even more beautiful area. The surrounding environment is inspiring as I have taken several walks after having taken stressful exams or to just take a break between studies. The many professors I have had have never disappointed because of the wide array of knowledge I have taken from them. Also, the student life is very eclectic making it easy to find a group of students with similar interests in which flourishing is made easy. I highly recommend the continuation of education in an establishment such as this. You will not regret it.
This is a very liberal and diverse school and community. I love going to school here because of the diverse atmosphere you can make some great friends, but if you are just there for school you can do that too.
Green river is a great schools so many different opportunities and are always including student from other places.
A lot of the professors are not good at their job and do a poor job teaching and running courses. The bookstore is really bad about buying back textbooks, even ones made specifically for the college. Overall, not bad but not great.
Beautiful campus, professors are knowledgeable but administration could use better organization. I applied to the OTA program and it took a long time to get answers back, there were e-mail mix ups and lots of last minute information. It seemed very disorganized. I also showed up to one AP class and there had been a mix up - no teacher had been hired and they had to scramble to find someone to teach the class. The teacher we ended getting was awesome though.
I have had an amazing experience at Green River college. The class sizes are small and the professors know me by name. The science department has terrific instructors.
Green River College is a nice college. It is not too big of a campus but it is larger enough that you feel there's plenty to do. Student Union building is pretty neat, you can relax a bit with your friends on your time off and such.
Filled with a community of diverse students. The diversity brought opportunities to learn more about the cultures around the world. People came from Tanzania, China, South Korea, Malaysia, etc.
I like that they told you what classes were going to be in what quarter and their wise range of times for the classes.
Plenty of great teachers and classes. It's located in a great area. They've been expanding their major options to include BA programs as well. It's a great value for the educational experience. The only downside was parking, ask anyone.
I love Green River College. I feel welcome im every single class and I have teachers that care for me and are willing to help. The students are great and I always feel safe.
Review Green River Community College
The availability overall is good, except sometimes the classes you need aren't there.
The workload can be a lot depending on what you're taking, but overall they're very easy. class discussions within forums are common.
My professors were very knowledgeable and great teachers. Though, there were a couple that I wasn't a fan off, but overall, I liked them!