Green Mountain College Reviews

It is a welcoming school with a lot of field based classes. The teachers are very kind and engaged in the class. Many of the office staff and financial aid officers are very helpful.
Green Mountain College has a beautiful campus and so many knowledgeable professors. I thoroughly enjoyed the subject matter of the courses I took, as well as the few extracurricular activities I was involved in.
You need to know what you're getting into when you apply to GMC. It's a below average academic school, which leans very liberal (it's in Vermont...so that should be known) with not much campus life or commitment to athletics. It's basically like an on campus community college.
Start Your Review of Green Mountain College
Green Mountain College is a beautiful school and is made for adventurous and environmentally consious people.
Green Mountain College has a beautiful campus, great location for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts, amazing food in the dining hall, and knowledgeable professors in the classrooms. I couldn't want for much more!
I love my school, the location, the people and the goals and mission of the school. I think that what GMC is doing is very important!
I loved my experience here. The teachers were very interested in helping students individually and going the extra mile to help students who are having trouble. The social scene was great. Everyone can find a group off friends.
If you're studying something you're passionate about professors will help you succeed. If you don't have a clear interest yet it's easy to slack off.
The campus is beautiful, the professors are great and really helpful but it's not enough diversity and people (the student) only go out their way to talk to certain people. I will not be returning
I really like the academics here and how they connect to the environment. However, the school is not very diverse and there's a few issues with administration.
I was part of GMC's online graduate program with a bioregional focus in environmental studies. I really enjoyed this style of learning because I was able to apply the knowledge and skills I was learning to my own home region. I would have liked more engagement by the professors and quickened feedback time due to the abbreviated nature of the courses.
Very impressed with admissions process.
If you're okay with pot-smoking hippies who isolate themselves with alcohol and folk songs by the river, this is the place for you.
The Vermont-esque lifestyle is strong here which is wonderful and often surreal. However, I feel like the college could be better in terms of housing, dining options, and community events.
Four of the five dorm buildings have black mold (or asbestos) in the ceilings, the back stairways are usually dirty and cobwebby, and the floors are uneven.
Security is comprised mostly of students, so there isn't too much foul play or reprimanding.
For a very small and isolated private liberal arts school, GMC does its best to provide a quality education to its students.
Start Your Review of Green Mountain College
It has started out ok, I have been referred to a couple other online graduates. I will know more for future surveys.
Drugs are used, rooms are busted. It's college: people will drink. It's Vermont, people do smoke weed. You don't have to partake in either. It's still fun to hang out with friends sober. Not everybody is a stoner.
We have a lot of international students as well as a bunch of people with different sexual orientations. It's comforting to be around.