Green Mountain College Reviews

I loved my experience here. The teachers were very interested in helping students individually and going the extra mile to help students who are having trouble. The social scene was great. Everyone can find a group off friends.
If you're studying something you're passionate about professors will help you succeed. If you don't have a clear interest yet it's easy to slack off.
The campus is beautiful, the professors are great and really helpful but it's not enough diversity and people (the student) only go out their way to talk to certain people. I will not be returning
Start Your Review of Green Mountain College
I really like the academics here and how they connect to the environment. However, the school is not very diverse and there's a few issues with administration.
I was part of GMC's online graduate program with a bioregional focus in environmental studies. I really enjoyed this style of learning because I was able to apply the knowledge and skills I was learning to my own home region. I would have liked more engagement by the professors and quickened feedback time due to the abbreviated nature of the courses.
Very impressed with admissions process.
If you're okay with pot-smoking hippies who isolate themselves with alcohol and folk songs by the river, this is the place for you.
The Vermont-esque lifestyle is strong here which is wonderful and often surreal. However, I feel like the college could be better in terms of housing, dining options, and community events.
Four of the five dorm buildings have black mold (or asbestos) in the ceilings, the back stairways are usually dirty and cobwebby, and the floors are uneven.
Security is comprised mostly of students, so there isn't too much foul play or reprimanding.
For a very small and isolated private liberal arts school, GMC does its best to provide a quality education to its students.
It has started out ok, I have been referred to a couple other online graduates. I will know more for future surveys.
Drugs are used, rooms are busted. It's college: people will drink. It's Vermont, people do smoke weed. You don't have to partake in either. It's still fun to hang out with friends sober. Not everybody is a stoner.
We have a lot of international students as well as a bunch of people with different sexual orientations. It's comforting to be around.
We have campus security, but they're not really that present on campus. They mostly search rooms. It could be safer.
The rooms are big and spacious compared to other schools. All of the buildings are very close to the classrooms because we have a small campus. Some of our dorm buildings have classrooms in the basement and it's super convenient. At the end of freshman year, you get to pick what building you want to live in (and the room).
It's division 3. Some of our sports teams are more popular than others--meaning that some games are more attended than others by the student body. It's fun to be a student athlete and support our school. I wish that there was more school spirit. A lot of our teams are getting better this year, it's exciting.
Start Your Review of Green Mountain College
The people are extremely friendly, the classes are personalized and the students genuinely care about current issues. It has an environmental focus and that is evident when you meet the students. It's a small town but the people keep it interesting.
For being a liberal arts college, the array of classes here stands to a minimum. This is due to the focus on environmental sustainability, which is the center point of of every class. While this college has helped me hone in on my degree, the lack of non-environmental classes (eg. foreign languages) is why I'm considering transferring next year.
Most students go to the river to party but there's occasionally parties on main street. Students usually party on Tuesday nights and on the weekends.